Author Topic: some questions  (Read 2626 times)

badgerish

• Casual Gamer
  • WTB "a life" any quality PST
    • View Profile
some questions
« on: October 13, 2009, 12:19:56 PM »
Some questions:
what power level?  What tone?  Any important themes you are planning?  How tactical will you be running it? (e.g. combat-map/mapless-narration/zones'n'aspects)  Have you realised that the Rikti are the good guys?

Some of my possible character ideas:

name/names TBC - Doc Ock homage.
Story: There was a moderately successful 'mad-scientist' villain (not evil, just greedy) with silly spiked armor and a gang.  He stole a big pile of money and some hi-tech parts (Rikti?)  He used this to create a set of Doc Ock-style super-arms!  He built the arms with advanced VI/limited AI, which included a significant 'protection instinct' as he wanted them to block attacks aimed at him.  The arm-VI starts leaking into the scientist's mind and influencing him (like the recent Doc Ock movie (which also included spiderman)).  A significant part of this change, is that the scientist gains a strong 'protection instinct' for other people!   One of the key events that changed his behavoiur was when he was out robbing some place and a damaged wall started to collapse, which was have crushed several people.   Consciously the scientist berated them and said it was their own fault for not running away from a Super Villain, while unconsciously he threw himself into harms way to protect the very people he came to rob!  After another couple of smaller episodes, his gang left him (as he 'had gone soft') and he decides to take off the silly villain armor and enroll as a hero!  (He spent a little time in the middle as an unregistered vigilante, before buying a new fake ID)

Themes: protecting people, fighting with his arms, doing something in a combat/danger situation (like SCIENCE!, giving advice or just standing around looking cool and smoking a cigar) while his arms fight for me, doing SCIENCE! (need to read the rules on this), redemption/corruption.

Powers: Doc Ock arms and SCIENCE!/gadgeteering.  The arms would be permanent/heroic/limited-movement minions, this does mean he takes alot of turns in combat, but I'll keep them fast and simple (hitting people, grappling people, grappling people and hitting other people with them, aid-other, blocking)

(inspired by: While reading the book, one of the pictures reminded me of Doc Ock and how I randomly rolled an indeadible copy of Doc Ock (one feature: special limbs -> something bio-mechanical -> 2x 10' tentacles.  another feature: bio-mechanical feature -> limbs -> 2x 10' tentacles.  3rd feature: stigmata/burns) in another system (Nightbane) this sparked my imagination; then, when looking at the minions power, I realised that you could model Doc Ock's arms as powerful minions with limitations!  But then I couldn't think of a decent backstory for him.... until now!)

LitterBug - alien insectoid/humanoid with energy transfer/TK powers.
Story: Exiled from his homeworld/civilisation for not following the rigid caste system and making his own choices.  D-shifted to Paragon City where he was captured, tested and allowed to register as a hero, as he 'really wants to help' people.

themes: alien trying to fit in (picture a man-sized humanoid ant, wearing a cowboy hat at a football game), gonna clean up this town! (both cleaning up and stopping villains), creative uses of TK, creative uses of energy drain/boost.

powers: TK (propel and holds), power transfer, ?singularity(pet)?, ?speed-boost?, natural armor, ?super-jumping?
(inspired by my grav/kin controller in COH of the same name)

??? - Guardian Spirit Summoner.
Story: TBC
Themes: TBC
powers: Summons guardian Spirits (which will vary depending on where we are), TBC
(inspired by: My robots/dark mastermind in COV.  As the rogue isles are somewhat evil and hi-technology, the guardian spirits looked like battle-robots)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 09:08:45 PM by badgerish »
You don't gain dark-side points.  You earn dark-side points

EvilHomer

• Casual Gamer
    • View Profile
Re: some questions
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 09:11:41 PM »
Found a PDF with all the Marvel Hero's for MnM 2nd

http://www.scribd.com/doc/18951700/Mutants-Masterminds-Marvel-Files

badgerish

• Casual Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 02:15:13 PM »
Can Fibroblast's player (?Mial?) post here/PM me?  As the numbers for Fibroblast don't add up (in a good way! 13pt left to spend, even after I have added some powers)

EvilHomer

• Casual Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 08:02:17 PM »
best bet could be to message bobby on facebook, but he has gone to a LARP event this W/e

badgerish

• Casual Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 12:03:52 AM »
I don't <shudder> facebook.  I'll make an exceutive decision and see people on tuesday.

EvilHomer

• Casual Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 04:26:49 PM »
Buy nemesis or somthing that wins or enough teleport to put that damn thing into space