Author Topic: The Barge and Ferryman  (Read 362658 times)

Calliope

• The Whisperer in Darkness
  • Administrator
  • I Am A Level 18 Wizard IRL
    • View Profile
Re: The Barge and Ferryman
« Reply #495 on: February 20, 2010, 01:40:07 AM »
A tall, willowy woman with long red hair, in a cloak walks in carrying a young blonde boy sleeping in her arms and a large bag over her shoulder.
She barely casts her eyes around the room, walks up to Wedlan, who looks visibly a little shocked.
She talks hurriedly to him in a low hushed voice and is then led up the stairs and into the back of the building.

There is a murmur of whispers around the room and a few faces follow her movements.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 12:22:40 AM by Calliope »
This is why magic is worse even than quantum physics. Because, while both spit in the eye of common sense, I've never yet had a Higgs bosun turn up and try to have a conversation with me.

• Nationals Costumes
  • Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 20, 2010, 08:31:55 AM »
Nikaneth to Pio
" Gods of the Forest ! Did you just see who that was ? "
" Stakk! "

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 20, 2010, 09:27:31 AM »
Stalland

<Looks bemused by events, especially at Lucius then turns to Piala>

So lady, I, ah, we still know so little about you, other than that you are from the islands off Dummoni, are you perhaps prepared to share a little more of yourself with us now?

Bill

• Nationals Costumes
  • Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 20, 2010, 10:02:06 AM »
Pio

I don't think you were dreaming and it wasn't the beer.

<waves Wedlan over>

Wedlan would it be possible to enquire wether once mistriss Bromwyn is stettled if she would join us, or if we may join her?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 10:22:06 AM by Bill »

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
    • A blog of shortymonster proportions.
« Reply #499 on: February 20, 2010, 11:22:25 AM »
Lucius

<After a very quick conversation with Nik, he returns to the group.> Apologies for leaving so abrubtly, matters of the city's security called my attention and I needed to speak to one of the Tremallu. Lady Piala, I trust you have enjoyed your visit to our city so far. It's always nice to hear of the city as seen by a fresh pair of eyes. I hope we will be regaled with stories about your time here.
Just so you know, I own a comic book store

Oh, and write a fiction blog for fun

Nitch

• Nationals Costumes
  • Games Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 20, 2010, 05:22:05 PM »
<to Piala> I did not mean to sound accusing in my question, but as you say now is a time for good company <joins Piala in a drink>, I must agree with my companions curiosity though...
When Life Gives You Lemons
Shut Up And Eat Your Damn Lemons!!!!!

• Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 20, 2010, 09:36:40 PM »
Pio

I don't think you were dreaming and it wasn't the beer.

<waves Wedlan over>

Wedlan would it be possible to enquire wether once mistriss Bromwyn is stettled if she would join us, or if we may join her?

Wedlan

<seems somewhat distracted and glances up to the door she just went through> ...I'll ask.

• Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 20, 2010, 09:48:48 PM »
Stalland

<Looks bemused by events, especially at Lucius then turns to Piala>

So lady, I, ah, we still know so little about you, other than that you are from the islands off Dummoni, are you perhaps prepared to share a little more of yourself with us now?

Piala dath Sioc

<Whilst Lucius is with Nik> Ah.. well yes I think that would be right, though I might still like to stay vague on some points <looks down> As I said before, not all my business in this wonderful city is my own and some of those I arrived with would not wish me to speak on those duties, for now I shall honour them.

• Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 20, 2010, 10:38:18 PM »
Lucius
<...returns to the group.> [...]I trust you have enjoyed your visit to our city so far. It's always nice to hear of the city as seen by a fresh pair of eyes. I hope we will be regaled with stories about your time here.
Red
I did not mean to sound accusing in my question, but as you say now is a time for good company <joins Piala in a drink>, I must agree with my companions curiosity though...

Piala dath Sioc

<holds out her hands as though to fend off an attack and smiles> Amazing! There is no chance for reticence with you as friends!

Well I shall try to cover my life in such manner as to not bore!

I come from beyond the Bay of Winds off the northern edge of Dummonii. In my tongue my lands are just named
Hoileáin, as I explained to Stalland last we met, my people follow the goddess Dummonii and speak her tongue but we do not hold ourselves part of their ‘nation’.

My father is …
<she says something and there is a brief un-translated discussion between Stalland and Piala before he continues to echo her words in Pyraxian> …’important in our tribe’ and I was learning to be a mediator for our people.

But then our druid augured and saw a thing for me of which I cannot tell, but the thing was such that it meant that I would have to leave our homeland.

I must admit I was scared at first but eventually I came to think on it as a good thing, I had always loved the skalds tales of far off places and though I had once visited Woodport in my youth I saw here the chance to truly travel the world and see the glory of existence in all its richness and diversity!

So I have been to Woodport in
Mórthír and after a few Munes to Marinus in Pelosia, though we stayed for only a few days, then to here.
I think I met you on my second night in the city!
<pauses and takes a drink> That is all I can think of, but I will answer a question if I have been unclear?

• Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 21, 2010, 12:26:10 AM »
Piala dath Sioc

<takes another sip of her drink> ...anyway to answer Lucius, the city I have seen so far is incredible! The opulence and variety is almost overwhelming, but whilst I have found wandering very interesting I must confess to a very girlish desire <looks at at Red whilst Stalland continues to translate>...do you think you might be able to show me the markets? I'm sure I'd be lost without a sister to guide me!

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
    • A blog of shortymonster proportions.
« Reply #505 on: February 21, 2010, 09:44:15 AM »
Lucius

<When Piala is chatting to Red, I nudge Stalland...> Looks like everyone is making an appearance here tonight, <Pointing towards a familiar looking ferryman over at another table> Thik we should buy him a drink and see if we can go fishing again at some point?
Just so you know, I own a comic book store

Oh, and write a fiction blog for fun

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 21, 2010, 11:57:24 AM »
Stalland

<replies in a whisper to Lucius> Hey little brother, not tonight, tonight is a night for carousing and flaunting our fine company, we will find him soon enough, and he will happily take us out again no doubt

<to Red and Piala> Haha, I suspect Red will be an expert on any number of markets and traders, just be wary she doesnt spend all your coin for you! Though if you know of a good gold, silver or coppersmith, I would speak with them, and I am sure we can show you many other sights of the city too should you like it.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 11:05:03 PM by Code13 »

• Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 22, 2010, 11:19:36 AM »
Piala dath Sioc

<Looks thoughtful for a moment> ...well I was disappointed to find that the Pharos no longer stands for I believe it was a true wonder <leans forward and speaks quietly> …but as I mentioned before I am most eager to visit the Nostrum.

I have heard tales since a child of the great cathedral of the alla-fire that is the beating heart of this city, but it seems since the invasion none but the invokers are allowed to enter.

Of all the places that is where I would wish to visit most of all, if you could assist with that I would be truly indebted to you.

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 22, 2010, 11:32:48 AM »
Stalland

Dear Lady, the Pharos was indeed a sight to behold, speaking as a sailor it was a joy to behold when coming into port. I can only hope the city will see it rebuilt one day.

As for the Nostrum, perhaps there are ways and means, but if nought else they may take time to arrange but until then we will gladly act as guides for you. Tell me, have you seen the arena yet at all? It is not to everyones taste, but it is an experience of this city nontheless. It is also the time of testing for the city's new Tremmalu soon and that always provides some entertainment to watch

• Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 22, 2010, 12:33:54 PM »
Over at the door the crowd is brushed apart as two huge Whitelanders push up to the bar.

Each wears a bright new hauberk of mail, and has both truncheon hanging from belt and whiteaxe hung from a shoulder strap. Fine black wool cloaks are draped over, held pinned by polished bronze claw clasps.

The first one (who sports three parallel scars up his neck ending in a ruined ear) bangs on the bar and loudly calls for ale, his black bearded companion laughs loudly and says something whilst sweeping aside a couple who are waiting to be served.