Author Topic: The Barge and Ferryman  (Read 361193 times)

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: The Barge and Ferryman
« Reply #315 on: February 11, 2010, 11:55:36 AM »
Stalland

Looks round at everyone crowded into the snug

Course you are welcome, i'll make the introductions I know... <pointing as he goes> Droma, Lucius is the ugly bugger heading to get the drinks and with the poorly arm is Red...hope all the problems are sorted, can I ask what the matter was?

The Dan

• Out Of The Shadows
  • Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 11, 2010, 12:17:24 PM »
As Stalland approaches the bar, the blue robed man's pet reptile hisses (in a not unfriendly fashion) and does a little pitter-patter dance on the floor. He reaches down and scratches its head absently, before turning to address him.

Blue-Robed Man

<to Lucius>

Greetings... (looks the newcomer up and down) Stalland is it? One of the Barge and Ferryman's more recent additions. A man of action too, if the talk is true (laughs) The problem with showing you've got guts, I've found, is the tendancy for them to end up on display... Forgive me if I prattle on; I've a talent for extraneous dissemination. Sine I already have my hand in my pouch, let me by you and your fellow heroes a drink.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 01:23:54 PM by The Dan »
Dan: A title of honor for respected men, equivalent to Master or Sir. Any of 12 levels of proficiency at the grade of black belt in martial arts such as judo and karate. An expert or expert level in shogi and other such games. He that judges.

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
    • A blog of shortymonster proportions.
« Reply #317 on: February 11, 2010, 01:22:41 PM »
Lucius

You have me confused with the big whitelander I'm afraid. If you want a poem though I will happily take a beer over to him in payment. My lame is Lucius, a friend of Stalland.
Just so you know, I own a comic book store

Oh, and write a fiction blog for fun

The Dan

• Out Of The Shadows
  • Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 11, 2010, 01:27:26 PM »
Please to meet you. Ignore my runaway mouth - I'm what you... Pelosians?... would call a badinaggio, and all you mighty heroes look like giants to me, of course.

Smiles, and holds out hand

Zamaragdus: Professionally nefarious, politically syzergic, personally... probably very annoying. Presently a Tremallu, Aribiter, and proxy of Koryphian Sagneth. Occasional vendor of pedigree praxis, and buyer of an ever expanding order drinks.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 05:42:05 PM by The Dan »
Dan: A title of honor for respected men, equivalent to Master or Sir. Any of 12 levels of proficiency at the grade of black belt in martial arts such as judo and karate. An expert or expert level in shogi and other such games. He that judges.

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 11, 2010, 01:35:33 PM »
Lucius

Lucius Corvinus Draco. General layabout and wit, often to be found here, the Silver Skrite or keeping the peace at Nencia's. Any luck on findint the two missing Koryph?  <Takes a sip of his wine>

The Dan

• Out Of The Shadows
  • Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 11, 2010, 01:54:41 PM »
Zamaragdus

The trouble with magi is that their whereabouts often stray into the metaphysical. One hope's that wherever they are however, they're either talking or safely fighting on another plane of existence. To be honest, I think Lord Beergood of Humpalot and Pio over there were the last to see either of them. Until they resurfce, well... 'while the praxis is away the skrites shall play' as the saying goes. As long as I thwart The Faceless One's minions in the Koryph, I can abuse my position wonderfully.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 05:42:38 PM by The Dan »

The Dan

• Out Of The Shadows
  • Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 11, 2010, 01:58:52 PM »
Zamaragdus

I joke of course.

So, how's life in... your profession? Seems you're living in interesting times of late.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 02:15:37 PM by The Dan »

• Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 11, 2010, 02:13:35 PM »
Kora

<Looks at Stalland nervously> an ex of mine giving me some grief over… <stops and looks round the table> …well …just giving me grief <looks at Stalland again> …I’m sorry I don’t really want to talk about it just now. <takes a big breath>

Anyway what happened to you? you look like you’ve been hurt? are you OK?

Magg

Yes, do tell my curiosity too is piqued when all my friends seem to have been involved in a fracas without me!

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 11, 2010, 02:29:12 PM »
Zamaragdus

I joke of course.

So, how's life in... your profession? Seems you're living in interesting times of late.

Lucius

I always have an interesting life, sadly it seem sthat there are people out there at the moment who wish to thrust interest upon me, <grimaces at pain as he raises a drink to his lips> or occasionally into my chest. Nothing me and my crew can't handle though.

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 11, 2010, 02:58:43 PM »
Kora

<Looks at Stalland nervously> an ex of mine giving me some grief over… <stops and looks round the table> …well …just giving me grief <looks at Stalland again> …I’m sorry I don’t really want to talk about it just now. <takes a big breath>

Anyway what happened to you? you look like you’ve been hurt? are you OK?

Magg

Yes, do tell my curiosity too is piqued when all my friends seem to have been involved in a fracas without me!

Stalland

<pats Kora on the leg and looks back at her> So long as it is sorted, I shall pry no more but if ever you need help for any reason, well you need but ask.

As for my own injuries, well what a tale to tell. High priestesses, cowardly Dromish, dancing girls, fire, adventure you name it, they are involved and perhaps another day, when you have more time I will tell you in full but suffice to say, a fine shirt is no defence against a dummoni war arrow or three, though I have had much worse in the past and probably will in the future, a few days of rest
<turns to look at Kora again> and perhaps fair company, and I will be well again.

<Stalland diverts his atention from Kora alone to the rest of the table>

Besides, it is good to take a wound from time to time, it reminds us against becomeing too soft and complacent in the comforts of the city, not that I am in any hurry to return to the oars of a Drakkar!

• Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 11, 2010, 03:43:07 PM »
Magg

<laughs> Nor I to the bilges of a sinking barque, and I didn't need to get shot to remember!

<turns to Red> So what's your story my Lady, the rest here I have heard to some degree.
<looks thoughtful> ...and you seem somewhat familiar to me, tis rare I would forget such a beauty

Nitch

• Nationals Costumes
  • Games Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 11, 2010, 04:02:36 PM »
<to Stalland> to true, as they say the closer you are to death the more you feel alive

<turns to Magg> Unfortunately good sir I haven't much of tale to tell, no grand travels and epic adventures like my friends, alas I have never left Nostapyrax except for short day excursions. Unfortunately I found myself orphaned at a young age and have since endeavoured to find my way in world, and whether or not you agree by my present company, I feel I am doing quite well.
And as for your flattery of recognising me, I spend a little more time then is decent drinking here, as I have heard you may also, and we have probably crossed paths unknowingly many times
When Life Gives You Lemons
Shut Up And Eat Your Damn Lemons!!!!!

The Dan

• Out Of The Shadows
  • Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 11, 2010, 04:25:37 PM »
Lucius

I always have an interesting life, sadly it seem sthat there are people out there at the moment who wish to thrust interest upon me, <grimaces at pain as he raises a drink to his lips> or occasionally into my chest. Nothing me and my crew can't handle though.

The praxis also seems quite excited to see Lucius, dancing about and nuzzling at Zamaragdus' leg until he scratches its head.
Its mostly ignoring other people.

Zamaragdus

Well in my opinion if someone’s trying to kill you, you are probably doing something right – or doing someone’s wife. Either way it’s important not to get caught with your breeches down. Take care, because if you go to the fires then the canards might have to rely on the watch cartels, and no one wants that.

(lowers his voice)

You helped settle that trouble at Sera’s didn’t you?  That was a bad business, not good for anybody’s business. Do you know if Alsune has someone taking care of it?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 05:43:54 PM by The Dan »

• Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 11, 2010, 04:33:00 PM »
Magg

<Smiles broadly at Red> Ahh. That must be it! Well I shall certainly not pass unknowingly again! <gestures to the group> ...as for your company and their circumstance, I find no fault in either.

In fact I must confess to a little jealousy, both of your friends extended acquaintance with such a daring woman as yourself and of the exhilaration of your adventures. I too am Pyraxian and tis too long since I managed to involve in escapades beyond the mere telling!

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 11, 2010, 04:33:25 PM »
Lucius

<Quiet enough so only Zam can hear> We did what we could on the night, but I'm of the opinion that it was only the start, whoever let that beast out could have done it with the sole intention of giving those already unhappy the daemons a rallying poitn. Just look at what happened here this evening. Remember that the incident  at Sera's was almost linked to a watch cartel? And now other things, like the robberies. These may be all tied together, and we are doing our best, but any help you can give us, or vice-versa, we would be more than happy.