Author Topic: The Barge and Ferryman  (Read 362667 times)

• Nationals Costumes
  • Game Designer
    • View Profile
Re: The Barge and Ferryman
« Reply #4815 on: July 31, 2013, 10:16:29 PM »
<Nik gulps down some watered wine as he finds some of the food rather hot>
" Stakk! "

• Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4816 on: August 01, 2013, 01:15:21 PM »
The main door brushes open and through it comes an athletically built man and a rather chubby olive-skinned woman. The man wears a shortsword and fist-shield at his belt and leads over to the bar, moving with agility through the crowd, the woman follows with considerably less grace..

Both are scanning around as they go and both can be seen to be wearing Tremallu sashes.

Athletic Tremallu

<to Wedlan> We are looking for Tremallu Pio...

Wedlan

<pauses for a few long seconds before pointing towards the snug>

The Tremallu duo follow Wedlan's gesture, then with a nod make their way quickly over... At which the young Dromish man slouching by the snug entrance quickly waves alert towards those seated before stepping forwards a little and holding up a hand to halt the duo's progress

Athletic Tremallu

<stops a few paces back from the snug (his hand moves ever so slightly to rest on his belt buckle), then glancing past, addresses Pio> Tremallu Pio... Arbiter Ghrysogenus has ordered you attend him at the Hall immediately.

Chubby Tremallu

<frowns, then mutters> ..sound shield... <she makes a quick gesture with a hand leaving the briefest afterglow of four streaks in the air>
The distorted and muffled sounds from within the snug return to normal

Athletic Tremallu

<shrugs and addresses Pio again> Tremallu Pio... Arbiter Ghrysogenus has ordered you attend him at the Hall immediately.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 01:35:45 PM by 50 »

• Nationals Costumes
  • Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4817 on: August 01, 2013, 01:59:59 PM »
<Nik cups his hand over his mouth and mutters to Pio>
" Stakk! "

Bill

• Nationals Costumes
  • Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4818 on: August 01, 2013, 03:56:04 PM »
<Pio frowns at what Nik says, before getting up>

Pio
Then lets not keep the him waiting, Hakim if wish to continue this discussion without me your welcome to do so but please go back to your shop.

<Sets of towards the door>
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 03:58:45 PM by Bill »

• Nationals Costumes
  • Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4819 on: August 01, 2013, 04:47:15 PM »
Nik: See you soon Pio.
" Stakk! "

The Dan

• Out Of The Shadows
  • Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4820 on: August 01, 2013, 04:51:18 PM »
As it happens, at that very moment Zamaragdus strolls in through the door. On his arm is Afzaneh, laughing at some just said comment and folding down an delicate paper parasol. Behind them follows the familar form of one of the lady's hulking daemon bodyguards. Zamaragdus glances briefly over towards the booth as they enter, before hailing Wedlan.

Afzaneh gives a faint frown as she surveys the booth.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 05:11:10 PM by The Dan »
Dan: A title of honor for respected men, equivalent to Master or Sir. Any of 12 levels of proficiency at the grade of black belt in martial arts such as judo and karate. An expert or expert level in shogi and other such games. He that judges.

• Nationals Costumes
  • Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4821 on: August 01, 2013, 05:24:41 PM »
<Nik makes a bow in Afzaneh's direction.>
" Stakk! "

The Dan

• Out Of The Shadows
  • Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4822 on: August 01, 2013, 05:44:21 PM »
A slight smile plays across her face as the pair make for the bar.

The afternoon buzz of conversation is somewhat muted as everyone keeps one eye on events in the booth.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 02:17:42 PM by The Dan »
Dan: A title of honor for respected men, equivalent to Master or Sir. Any of 12 levels of proficiency at the grade of black belt in martial arts such as judo and karate. An expert or expert level in shogi and other such games. He that judges.

The Dan

• Out Of The Shadows
  • Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4823 on: August 04, 2013, 10:08:29 AM »
Wedlan

Ser-arbiter, güzel bayan. What'll it be?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 10:39:14 AM by The Dan »

The Dan

• Out Of The Shadows
  • Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4824 on: August 04, 2013, 10:37:47 AM »
Almost immediately the pair are surrounded by a strangely unified mix of Pelosian and local merchants, hovering expectantly, abuzz with murmurs of urgency. Their de facto leader is a bald, brawny fellow of Zammite stock, who's bare arms are stained with dye.

Zamaragdus

You. You smell terrible. I assume you are therefore honest and hardworking. You will be first. < waves vaguely at distant table, cutting off several attempts at interruption > Yes, yes. I know I am indispensable, but everyone go over there and give your petition to my lovely assistant.

Afzaneh

Lord Sagneth's lovely assistant, to be strictly accurate < smiling > If you sers and numare would care to proceed this way...

Afzaneh leads the company over to an empty table, followed as ever by her daemonic shadow (watched nervously by the Pelosians, although everyone has one eye towards events across the way). Zamaragdus leans back against the bar, slightly turning his head to speak to Wedlan; half watching Pio depart, half idly fiddling with Wedlan's papers that are piled on the bar.

Zamaragdus

Some of that terrible stimulent mud they drink in the archipelago, for the lady.
Anything equally dark and bitter, but cold and considerably more potent for me. If you please good ser.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 02:19:18 PM by The Dan »

• Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4825 on: August 04, 2013, 08:56:19 PM »
Wedlan

<nods and hurries himself about the drinks> say.. <he nods idly in the direction of the departing Pio>...isn't Pio one of yours?

The Dan

• Out Of The Shadows
  • Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4826 on: August 05, 2013, 04:49:24 PM »
Pio is currently paused in his walk from the booth, as if wavering between heading for the door or the bar.

Zamaragdus

< idly pages through some of Wedlan's documents >

Mine? One of mine, you say? You mean that Pio? < points > That Pio cannot possibly be one of the Red Lord's Tremallu. My Pio is on very urgent business and could not possibly have the time to relax and wine and dine his friends and retainers at my expense. He must be some imposter... but it looks like the Sashes have it under control and will soon beat the truth out of him.

< hand on heart >

May fires bless those brave lads and lasses. Bless them one and all.

• Nationals Costumes
  • Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4827 on: August 05, 2013, 09:15:07 PM »
An angry look flashes over Geriant's features for an instant but it's soon hidden from view by a wine cup. After Geriant has drained off the wine he squares his shoulders, wiping his mouth his expression seems set in a neutral manner.
" Stakk! "

• Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4828 on: August 05, 2013, 10:12:19 PM »
Wedlan

<pauses as though weighing something up> ..ahh, I do think it might be a business lunch though.. <shrugs and slides the drinks over> ...but like you say, I'm sure some other arbiter will handle it when he gets back to the hall.. .

• Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4829 on: August 05, 2013, 10:30:31 PM »
Pio takes a few steps towards the door from the Snug before pausing and then turning towards where Zamaragdus is at the bar.

Athletic Tremallu

<moves quickly to intercept Pio's change of course and holds up a hand towards his chest to stop him> Ser, I'm afraid Arbiter Ghrysogenus said immediately.