Author Topic: The Barge and Ferryman  (Read 367655 times)

Brick

• I Roll For Lunch
  • Veteran of the 3rd Edition trenches.
    • View Profile
Re: The Barge and Ferryman
« Reply #405 on: February 16, 2010, 08:00:42 AM »
Gnaeus Tarquinius Sura

Gnaeus shakes his head and grins in obvious amusement, watching Nikaneth leave the bar.

"Infelix est propter stultitiam."
Nomina stultorum scribuntur ubique locorum

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 16, 2010, 09:49:47 AM »
Stalland

Oh that was brilliant, funniest thing I have seen in a long time <takes a draft of drink> Lucius, she didnt slap you, and now I am a red sword out of pocket, dammit, I demand you go back and ply her with your charms till she does. <Grins and raises his tankard in toast>And Magg, I wouldnt call him our friend to be honest, he is a patron here as we are, and did I detect a little jealousy in your voice there?

And well met Gnaeus, I wouldnt say we were quite so ready to ah kill people whose name ends in "-us" as Magg put it, but thanks for the ale. What brings you to the city here?

• Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 16, 2010, 10:07:45 AM »
Magg

I am not jealous, I just don't like bullies or bigots and he is both.

Anyway I have wasted enough breath on him and I can see our beautiful companion
<smiles at Red> is getting bored with my foolishness.

So yes, let us drink some more wine with our new acquaintance and hear his tale
<raises his glass to Gnaeus>
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 10:48:23 AM by 50 »

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 16, 2010, 11:00:25 AM »
Stalland

I understand Magg, I know of his reputation already, and it is an odd one to say the least, I do remember his companions at the time of the invasion had a similar reputation as murderous folk, but then come the invasion performed great deeds in the city's defence. I think sometimes there are dangers in folk from the more wilder regions coming to the city, especially such an open city.

<Stalland pauses for a moment>

Do you see the great Ursa skull drinking vessel behind the bar? That belonged to one of Nikaneth's companions of old, one who was killed in the city chambers defending the council. Perhaps later when the night is old and the fire low I will tell of their fight, it is a mighty tale. But it is not time yet, not when we have new aquaintances who bring us drink and new tales

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
    • A blog of shortymonster proportions.
« Reply #409 on: February 16, 2010, 11:04:36 AM »
Lucius

Nik leaves us alone round here, probably because we do some of his job for him, and most just know him as drunken whoremonger propping up the bar. First time I heard his name it was due to him beeding a bothel's worth of women in a single day. In the same brothel if memory serves. And of course he was pox ridden for a month after that as he so rightly deserved!
Just so you know, I own a comic book store

Oh, and write a fiction blog for fun

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 16, 2010, 11:08:42 AM »
Stalland

Aye, I remember that, went at it like a bull. Now I have a penchant for the ladies, I must admit, but there is a limit and a sense of proportion in these things I think, by the gods can you imagine him stopping in Nencia's?

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 16, 2010, 11:13:59 AM »
Lucius

I think it is events such as that that we are there to prevent. The risk to the girls and then the risk to Nencia's profits... No, I think it best if Nik stays at the lower end of the market, far away from us.

Brick

• I Roll For Lunch
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 16, 2010, 12:41:39 PM »
Stalland
And well met Gnaeus, I wouldnt say we were quite so ready to ah kill people whose name ends in "-us" as Magg put it, but thanks for the ale. What brings you to the city here?

Gnaeus Tarquinius Sura

"I, how shall we say it, made a man - Appius Marius Superbus - look bad. I proved myself to be above him in the foot-races and in the quest for the attention of a particular courtesan. And since Appius is one of the foremost leading men, ah, of Vercellae... it was expedient for me to leave. I spit upon his face, but such it is. So now I am here. Vercellae may soon be at war once more, and it never hurts to know many fine and excellent fighters, does it not?"

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 16, 2010, 12:56:23 PM »
Stalland

Ah, the victim of an unjust society Gnaeus, you'll fit in here I am sure. As for good fighting men, well many claim to be such around here that is for sure. Me, I would rather know many fine and excellent women, and some stout hearted shipmates who will stand together.

Why do you say Vercellae may soon be at war again? And how do you prefer to be known, your full name is a mouthful

Brick

• I Roll For Lunch
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 16, 2010, 01:39:40 PM »
Gnaeus

"Less a victim of an unjust society, more, ah, the victim of the pride of - vir maximus - a too-powerful man. Soon, perhaps, his family will feel their fortunes fade." The young man offers his hand to Stalland, saying, "Gnaeus will do, to be sure, and you are named?"

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 16, 2010, 01:45:28 PM »
Stalland

Stalland will do just fine, and perhaps an unjust society was the wrong words, a so called civilised society might be more appropriate, they are the ones where honest men are grist to the mill so long as the dishonest ones prosper

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 16, 2010, 01:49:41 PM »
Lucius

Now now fellows, you know what they say about discussing politics and religion. And you've only just met each other, so how about we hold off on the deeper conversations of political and economic philosophy.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 01:52:59 PM by shorty_monster »

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 16, 2010, 01:51:48 PM »
Stalland

Ah, are we not all honest fellows here, but you are right, Gnaeus a toast, to the downfall of your enemies and pox on their manhoods

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 16, 2010, 01:53:49 PM »
Lucius

Here here! Now, if we just make an enemy of Nik, we have already got half of that to come true!

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 16, 2010, 01:54:29 PM »
<Stalland laughs loudly>