Author Topic: The Barge and Ferryman  (Read 393477 times)

Brick

• I Roll For Lunch
  • Veteran of the 3rd Edition trenches.
    • View Profile
Re: The Barge and Ferryman
« Reply #390 on: February 15, 2010, 04:47:52 PM »
Gnaeus Tarquinius Sura

The two men shake, and exchange some more words, with Lucius pointing up at the group in the snug. The stranger approaches the barman, places a coin down on the bar, and evidently orders a round; he then goes to the group's table, while a boy follows with a tray of drinks. As he does, he casts a long glance at the attractive young woman with Lucius.

"Your friend, ah, Lucius directed me to you, as enemies of Pelosia. My name is Gnaeus Tarquinius Sura, and my blade has ended the lives of Pelosian 'loyalists'. May I join your table, and discuss with you?"

His accent is very obviously Pelosian.
Nomina stultorum scribuntur ubique locorum

Nitch

• Nationals Costumes
  • Games Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 15, 2010, 05:34:38 PM »
<Red takes gaze from Lucius's attempts and eyes the stranger with suspicion, although she speaks to him politely>
Well met Gnaeus, my name is Red and as many here I would gladly drink to death of pelosian loyalists <looks between the two drinks she now has before picking one at random and taking a sip>
I donít mean to be rude but you seem unfamiliar with your surroundings, have you been in the city long?
When Life Gives You Lemons
Shut Up And Eat Your Damn Lemons!!!!!

Brick

• I Roll For Lunch
  • Veteran of the 3rd Edition trenches.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 15, 2010, 06:33:26 PM »
Gnaeus Tarquinius Sura

The young man pulls up a chair confidently. "A short while, ah, perhaps... a week? I had to leave my home, Vercellae in the Madeline cities, and I have been sent to Nostapyrex. It is an interesting place, though somewhat uncomfortable for my accent, yes?"
Nomina stultorum scribuntur ubique locorum

• Nationals Costumes
  • Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 15, 2010, 06:51:30 PM »
Nikaneth. (Without a drink in his hand ) walks over to where Tess is sat.

Tess

<very calm voice> ah, I see you are not dead then. <long pause, then looks Nik straight in the eye> so I assume you have run out of money to spend on strumpets and have thus returned to your acquiescent flunky for a clean shirt and some funds?
Nikaneth ( Quietly )
" Nothing of the sort, I thought we should spend a bit of time together  ."
" Stakk! "

• Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 15, 2010, 07:38:51 PM »
Tess

Is that so? amazing! I thought the same myself yesterday... and the day before that... and the day before... in fact I remember distinctly about a week ago thinking that we should spend some time together! <Pauses and slides down off the bar to stand in front of him> ...and now here you are!

So tell me Geraint what has been so engaging that you have only remembered to spend some time with me now? <Though her voice is calm, she is visibly trembling as she stands looking up at him, as though fighting hard to retain control>

• Nationals Costumes
  • Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 15, 2010, 07:50:31 PM »
Tess

Is that so? amazing! I thought the same myself yesterday... and the day before that... and the day before... in fact I remember distinctly about a week ago thinking that we should spend some time together! <Pauses and slides down off the bar to stand in front of him> ...and now here you are!

So tell me Geraint what has been so engaging that you have only remembered to spend some time with me now? <Though her voice is calm, she is visibly trembling as she stands looking up at him, as though fighting hard to retain control>

Nikaneth ( Thinking that being chased across the bay by a pack of deamons a couple of years ago was a less frightening experence than his current one ).
" I've been busy with my Tremallu duties. Theres a lot of bad stuff being going on these past few weeks. I'm as dissapointed as you are my sweet."
( Produces an ornamental trinket that he could just afford from a street vendor this evening ) " I know its dross compared to your beauty , but if it pleases you..."
" Stakk! "

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
    • A blog of shortymonster proportions.
« Reply #396 on: February 15, 2010, 08:50:53 PM »
Lucius

<with a half smile on his face, he walks back into the snug.>  Well, going home alone tonight, but not a total failure. She thinks I'm reasonably handsome and not a total social reject. Which is the best I have ever done with a woman I think, so a success all round.
Just so you know, I own a comic book store

Oh, and write a fiction blog for fun

• Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 15, 2010, 10:12:10 PM »
Magg

<Passes Lucius a drink> reasonably handsome eh... she must have been on the fumo again! <laughs then looks serious for a moment> No seriously my friend you seem to have done well, just be careful, she's not so innocent as she might appear and her family is wealthy, influential and proud

<smiles again> Still, if thatís the best you've ever done with a woman then this is a momentous night indeed and worthy of more beer!

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 15, 2010, 10:40:14 PM »
Lucius

To be truthful Magg, she didn't seem that honest to me at all. But it looks like out we have a round of beers right here. Cheers Gnaeus.

• Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 15, 2010, 10:54:07 PM »
Nikaneth ( Thinking that being chased across the bay by a pack of deamons a couple of years ago was a less frightening experence than his current one ).
" I've been busy with my Tremallu duties. Theres a lot of bad stuff being going on these past few weeks. I'm as dissapointed as you are my sweet."
( Produces an ornamental trinket that he could just afford from a street vendor this evening ) " I know its dross compared to your beauty , but if it pleases you..."

Tess

<Looks at the jewellery in Nikaneths hand then up at him> I am truly astounded! Did you really think this would be a help, that the right thing to do would be to try to  buy me off with cheap street tat?
<Her hands are clenched down by her side> I thought the flowers were a good beginning and that you might follow in and say the right things to make me understand, but I realise now you have no idea even what the problem is! <her cheeks have begun to look flushed> Is there not even a little thought in that moss filled skull of yours?

Did it not even occur to you to begin with I'M SORRY!
<steps right up to Nikaneth's face> I'll show you DISSAPOINTED! <for a second it looks like she is going to strike him, then she steps back>

Keep the trinket, maybe Wedlan will let you hock it for some beer! <steps further back, shaking her head with a few tears visible on her face> I am going home now <turns half away> ...do NOT follow me!

A fair portion of the tap room has descended into quiet by now and the crowd parts for Tess as she strides quickly towards the door.
The silence remains for a second or two before the general buzz of tavern chat begins again, though few are prepared to catch Nikaneth's eye.

• Nationals Costumes
  • Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 15, 2010, 11:12:04 PM »
Nikaneth storms for the door, barging through anyone unfortunatee enough to get in his way .
" Stakk! "

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 15, 2010, 11:26:15 PM »
Lucius

<Looks down to the bar as Nik flees through the door.> You see, the moment the girl walked through the door with tyhe flowers, I knew what that play was going to be, who was playing who and what the outcome was going to be, but talking to girls... I need a good half hour mental run up. Poor Nik.

• Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 15, 2010, 11:42:02 PM »
Magg

<Snorts> ...oh yes, poor Nik... <looks like he was going to say more, then stops>

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 15, 2010, 11:43:31 PM »
Lucius

With a smile, Well, at least he will have more time for drinking.

• Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 15, 2010, 11:55:17 PM »
Magg

<Looks up>You are kidding right? Feel sorry for whichever ex-Pelosian fellow he next takes a dislike to in-the-line-duty instead

<Sighs> No, that's a bit insensitive of me, perhaps he isn't an alcoholic bully who ostensibly works for the city whilst actually helping fanatics murder anyone whose name ends in Ď..usí, and actually he really deserves lots of cuddles and kisses.

And of course his name is ĎBeer-goodí so I suppose it's appropriate that he's pissed out of his boots when he next beats someone to within an inch of their life for stealing a loaf of bread

<Stops and puts his hands up to his face than draws them down> arrgh.. Ignore me, I know heís a friend of yours and Iíve no desire to row with any of you