Author Topic: The Barge and Ferryman  (Read 385840 times)

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: The Barge and Ferryman
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2009, 09:41:33 AM »
Before Stalland could launch into a tale, the cry of "Les be 'avin you folks, you dont have to go home, but you cant stay ere" rang across the bar room from the weary looking landlord.

Stalland
Well, you'll have to wait another night for a good tale I am afraid

• Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2009, 10:09:02 AM »
...some days later...

The weather has been oddly warm for this early in spring and so unusually the taproom of the Barge has its door and windows flung open letting the cool sea breeze in.

There is the usual crowd of bargemen, drunks, ne’er-do-wells, and slumming nobles, along with the ever present Wedlan polishing the bar to a shine as bright as his bald head.

Sat at the apex of the bar closest to the door, nursing a small beer is the troubled looking figure of Scipio, short of frame and pale skinned he wears the gown of a scholar which matches well the wire framed lenses perched on his nose.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 09:43:04 AM by 50 »

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2009, 11:42:58 AM »
The brawny frame of Stalland limps into the bar, leaning heavily on a walking cane, and despite the unseasonably warm weather, wrapped in a large fur coat.

He hobbles over to a table by the bar and dumps his heavy coat onto a chair, revealing a bandaged chest and leg.

Slumping into a chair with visible pain, he calls out.

Wedlan, a flaggon of your small beer please.

He pauses a moment, considering Scipio and perhaps his next words.

Scipio, it is early in the day to show troubles like that on your face, what is your burden?

• Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2009, 12:28:21 PM »
Scipio

<looks briefly over to Stalland>

Koryph troubles...
<there is a long pause, just as you think that is all he will say on the matter he speaks again>

With my mistress still absent much of the council business has fallen to me to attend...
<again he pauses, then with a sigh>

I feel unable to vote on matters where I do not know Ulema's will, but I struggle to abstain when I personally have a desire to see decision go a certain way.
<pushes his beer back and forth between his hands distractedly>

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
    • A blog of shortymonster proportions.
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2009, 01:25:12 PM »
Lucius

The facial bruising has died down some, but Lucius still has dark rings around his eyes and scabs on his face.

To Scipio Do your intentions or desires run counter to those of what you would expect from your Lady? I ask only because you would know her mind better than anyone.
Just so you know, I own a comic book store

Oh, and write a fiction blog for fun

• Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2009, 03:11:30 PM »
Scipio

<frowns> I do not claim to know my mistress mind at all, merely that on the rare occasions she attended the Koryph she would abstain from voting on almost any proposal anyway ...and I would not. <shakes his head as though trying to clear it>

...but I am a Tremallu not a Koryphian <looks again at Stalland, then at Lucius> so perhaps I should instead inquire as to the source of your injuries friend, you did not wear them thus when I saw you here a few nights ago...?

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2009, 04:27:35 PM »
Lucius

For me, just another baseless attack due to me being born in a shithhole over the sea. The other stuff, well, thereby hangs a tale...

• Nationals Costumes
  • Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2009, 07:09:28 PM »
Master Skipio,
 Perhaps a flagon would help the Whitelander talk further, how about you buy a round and include him in it ?
" Stakk! "

• Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2009, 08:10:33 PM »
Scipio

<looks towards Nicaneth> ever true to your name eh... very well, Wedlan drinks for these three if you please.

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2009, 09:18:15 PM »
Lucius

To your health Scipio!

• Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2009, 09:36:37 AM »
Scipo

Yours also

<takes a sip of his beer, looks at Lucius> The matter of a beating motivated by racism is a concern, would you be able to identify your assailants, do you think?

<turns then to Stalland> But I am more troubled by your injuries, they suggest you've been assaulted with murderous intent?

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2009, 10:58:06 AM »
Stalland

Nothing much, a minor altercation with a fellow countryman who was unused to conversation and company with a more civilised woman and had to be...educated...

• Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2009, 11:16:20 AM »
Scipo

ah.. well forgive me but what you Whitelanders consider a minor altercation would probably fell us lesser men <smiles> ...I hope the woman involved was unhurt?

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2009, 12:40:26 PM »
Stalland

Stallands face dropped to one of concern for a moment, rather than his smiling face of previously

Alas I was not there to prevent it, merely arrived in time to put a stop to it, as any good and honest citizen would.

Since we are speaking of Whitelanders, tell me Scipio, what is this about one in charge of the watch cartel? Who is he?

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2009, 01:32:07 PM »
Lucius

Scipio, this has happened to me so much since the bastarding invasion that there are probably fewer people innocent of attacks against Pelosians than guilty. I usually stick to areas where peeople know how much blood of my own was spilled in defence of the city. Just so happened that I had some work outside the walls with... um... a trading partner, and I cam home down the wrong street.

I'm interested in this Watch cartel too. I know people have almost as much reason to distrust the Whitelandish as they do my own countrymen, but you don't see Pelosians organising into armed groups with full public knowledge. Might be that this kinda thing could undermine people's trust in any of the cartels?