Author Topic: Student Nationals 2020  (Read 91 times)

Mike Moriarty

• HUGS Avatar
  • Administrator
  • Games Master
    • View Profile
Student Nationals 2020
« on: September 04, 2019, 06:18:41 PM »
Campaigns are now in full wing so time mention Nationals

For our new members the Nationals is a large gaming tournament/social/convention where a shit load of gamers from societies around the country decend on some unlucky location for a weekend of dice, models, cards and possibly the "odd" beer

The Nationals is hosted by a different society each year based on who won the previous year and this time will be held in Sheffield on the 24th - 26th April 2020

At Nationals everyone plays a particular game category for the weekend with the categories covering roleplaying/card gaming/wargaming/board games etc and runs on a very similar system to HUGS campaigns in that everyone who is interested needs to submit a 1st,2nd and 3rd choice of categories.

All of the categories as well as all other generation information can be found in the brochure which is found here: http://bit.ly/Nat2020Brochure

Attendance is 25 and the deadline for me submitting our entry is 31st December so will need everyone who wants to go 's choices/entry fee before the end of the year. Do keep in mind that there will also be hotel/transport costs with transport just being a train ticket as Sheffield is nearby. For hotels Alex is looking into this but it normally ends up something like 60 for the weekend if your sharing a room, usually double that if you want a room to yourself but thats just an estimate.

Further information will be posted in this thread or there is also a facebook event linked to below

https://www.facebook.com/events/377317089816888/

As normal if you do want to come game choices need to come to me and entry fees to Ben
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 07:00:05 PM by Mike Moriarty »

damo_b

• Nationals Costumes
  • I Roll For Lunch
    • View Profile
Re: Student Nationals 2020
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 07:37:35 AM »
Hi Mike,

Not sure i will be down to Hugs but can you put me on the list for the nationals.
choices are Bolt action, 40K and Necromunda.

Mike Moriarty

• HUGS Avatar
  • Administrator
  • Games Master
    • View Profile
Re: Student Nationals 2020
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 01:30:17 PM »
Reminder that entry fee / choices are due in 2 weeks