Author Topic: Press Statements  (Read 497 times)

Secretly a doom bot

• Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
Re: Press Statements
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2019, 02:03:20 PM »
Panic could be useful

Hunk of Huddersfield

• Casual Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2019, 02:09:42 PM »
whatever we do we need to blame the Prussians. They are horrible untrustworthy monsters
If you’re good at something, never do it for free.

Baldry

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2019, 03:10:26 PM »
The nature of your oppression is the aesthetic of our anger.

It is with great regret in my heart that we have come to pen this letter, it is with sorrow that our group claim responsibility for the bombings and chaos in the print district on the 17/09/05,  please understand the decision to do this was not one taken lightly.

We do not wish to take the live of working men and women. We only wish to take down the aristocracy that has cast their painful reins over London. They shackle us keeping us restrained as if we were animals. But we say no more.
The bombing on the print district was enacted as a response to the attack upon the peaceful strike against Lord Weston and the complicity of the press in covering for this monster.  Honest workers died in the streets beaten down by the armies of the state and they made heroes of the villains. The law has no claim to human respect. It has no civilising mission; its only purpose is to protect exploitation.

Everywhere you will find that the wealth of the wealthy springs from the poverty of the poor. When we ask for the abolition of the State and its organs we are always told that we dream of a society composed of men better than they are in reality. But no; a thousand times, no. All we ask is that men should not be made worse than they are, by such institutions!

We will always regret innocent lives lost to our actions but we must speak the language of our oppressors, if all they know is violence then it shall be met in turn. We ask the people to rise up with us. Struggle so that all may live a rich, overflowing life. And in this be sure, that in our struggle you will find a joy greater than anything else can give. It is the joy of true freedom. Of living a life for yourself, no other! Working for the betterment of the whole than just the vampires that drain from our collective.

There are those among you who would call us hopeless but you would be wrong. The hopeless do not revolt, for revolution is an act of hope. Walk with us fellow brothers and sisters for we are you. We are the broke and destitute. We are the falsely accused and we are those with nothing left to lose. We are English, we are Prussian, we are Indian, we are people. But we are not hopeless. Rise with us, or be rose over.

- Name

I've taken bits of everyone's, except the Prussians, and spliced this Frankenstein's monster of a letter. Couldn't decide on a name, though I am a fan of the architects, but whatever we would like to be called should be a group decision as well I figured. Also if anyone feels anything's missing or something else should be added go for it!

Hunk of Huddersfield

• Casual Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2019, 03:18:16 PM »
this statement sounds good our exceptional Leader Peter. the name Architects does have a nice ring to it and shows what we are wanting to do.
If you’re good at something, never do it for free.

Secretly a doom bot

• Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2019, 03:22:01 PM »
 I'm happy with this letter

PaperWitch99

• Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2019, 04:52:11 PM »
Yeah I like this draft. Name wise, I guess I'll go with my suggestion. If anyone has any other names then we could vote on them :)
"Spartans never die. They're just missing in action."

Secretly a doom bot

• Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2019, 08:57:12 PM »
Part of me still wants to send Annabelle's letter just to the Smeddlingtons :P

PaperWitch99

• Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2019, 10:02:56 PM »
Annabelle agrees XD

But honestly how do you spell their name? I keep seeing it spelt differently in posts and letters we get during the sessions.
"Spartans never die. They're just missing in action."