Author Topic: The Hovel  (Read 2626 times)

PaperWitch99

• Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
Re: The Hovel
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2019, 10:14:31 PM »
Annabelle

Laughing

And it was only two days ago we were having a heart to heart Rose.

She suddenly stops laughing and stops sewing to look Rose in the eyes.

I stayed next to your sister the entire time we were in there. Magnus told me what you wanted her to do and I agreed to help also. I was ready to save her if she went down and was always within two meters of her. When the lights went out she got spooked. I passed makeshift torches round and when it was time to go I tugged on your sisters arm and tried to pull her towards the exit but she remained where she was. Just before she took her little vow of silence she described something crawling on her.

She turns to Mrs Tyndall.

Mrs T- Sorry, please forgive me but I have genuinely forgotten your name, even Magnus cannot recall it. Anyway, you were looking at us when I was trying to make my way upstairs. Did you see anything? All I remember is Violet refusing to move and then flying past me a few seconds later.
"Spartans never die. They're just missing in action."

Secretly a doom bot

• Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2019, 12:20:14 AM »
Rose

Still detached

"Regardless of anybody's efforts my sister is clearly not functioning at the correct level and my worry for family is in no way unjustified. These people hurt my family and they will pay. As for the people leaving, between the distance, numbers and speed no I couldn't tell you anything that would be a lead. We did take shots at a few but they lie at the bottom of the river now"

Baldry

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2019, 02:12:22 PM »
Peter

Yes Rose is quite right, the crowd numbered 60 or more, not much we could do. I would quite like to get a look at this tunnel but by all accounts an expedition there now would not be advised. We should pass this on to Cohan and see if he can get some men in to grab what they can.

faceknives

• Nationals Costumes
  • Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2019, 03:16:23 PM »
Miss Tyndall

"I suspect that they fled because the containment system was failing. With all due respect to my comrade's abilities, I doubt 60 people would have fled from a group of four".
And you look like a star but you're still on the dole

PaperWitch99

• Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2019, 09:27:39 PM »
Annabelle

A group of six, please remember I am not one person! (Smiles and looks at Violet) Well we might have to start saying seven if your sister made a new friend Rose.

Pauses a moment.

I wouldn't put all my money of the power system just failing. Even if dear Magnus has just started reading into it, they would want to make sure that it would never just fail. It was so beautifully orchestrated! We put one foot in the door and just like that the power went out. Either we were really lucky and chose the best moment to step into the house, or someone wanted to experiment. (A wild smile spreads across their face) My type of people.

She finishes up stitching her last wound and moves on to wrapping herself in bandages.

Now, the idea that it did just fail isn't too fare fetched, however. If the Smeddlingtons are funding it then I doubt they have much in the money pot.

Once she finishing bandages she starts to walk round the room testing how much damage was done to her.

Secretly a doom bot

• Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2019, 09:49:49 PM »
Rose

Snorts derisively

"Oh Annabelle"

Tutting

"My Sister is not as weak willed as some people in this room, I think her one very strong personality will be with her for a very long time indeed"
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 10:17:30 PM by Secretly a doom bot »

PaperWitch99

• Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2019, 10:40:20 PM »
Annabelle

Well why don't we poke her and see if she turns as quick as she turned on the cat.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 12:12:09 PM by PaperWitch99 »

Baldry

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 01, 2019, 10:09:04 AM »
Peter

rolls eyes and  continues, seemingly ignoring Annabelle and Rose

You are quite a fearsome four. They were afraid of something and I can only assume it was those present as we saw them tear out the aetheric wires powering the containment system. They wanted you dead and were not afraid the unleash the dead on you. They were also fleeing with what looked like most their notes.

Of course this is all hypothesis, we don't know what they left with or why. The note you've provided at least gives us a couple of leads. Four separate names are mentioned Lord Hastings, lead parapsychologist Dr Parry, a worker by the name of Hobson, who seemed to be driven mad by...something and is now in a convalescent house and Hill, the writer of said note.

They mention St. Gertrude's and that they have already done a small test there which might be worth looking into. They are also concerned about moving away from their primary power source so it might be worth tracking the wires back to their source. Also mentioned is the Smedlingtons child and a "code five project" this seems, if anything,  probably more related to the Z-gas. The government is working on multiple forms of control for the populace and we have till October 26th to end whatever fresh hell they wish to unleash on the people.

It is regrettable to see this house affected some of you as it has but we all know the risks and this is bigger than us.

Secretly a doom bot

• Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 01, 2019, 08:12:27 PM »
Rose

"I think a little time to recoup before we start following these leads Peter, I've used up costly equipment that needs recreating in addition to getting Violet some support. I'm all for the cause but we go running off again in this condition it'll be a disaster. In addition I feel we need to pass on what we've learned to Cohen and send out a letter taking responsibility for the bombings"