Author Topic: Korik Kalatra: Bio and Opinions  (Read 729 times)

Belzera

• I can make this Pencil Dissappear
    • View Profile
Korik Kalatra: Bio and Opinions
« on: November 12, 2018, 07:16:43 PM »
Name: Korik [Cor-rik] Kalatra
Race: Dwarf
Profession:Freelance Thug

Known History:
Arrived in Blackmoor over 6months ago, quickly earned his way into Thistlehold and works whatever jobs offered to him, has no qualms about robbing, looting and killing, seen often when inside the town hanging around a blacksmiths, when in Blackmoor he is often seen finding a few easy marks in the Garbage Heap.

Thoughts on Characters
PCs
Crack-Bones: "You know, seeing him after those two idiots tried to mug me was an eye opening experience, never came across someone who made me think 'I might not beat them' and so far Crack-Bones is the only lone person to ever make me think that. Seems friendly enough and gives out some decent advice at times it seems, keep on his good side and you'll be set. Also how old is that fucker?! everyone seems to know him?"

Gob: "Now that thing is interesting, Crazy, impulsive and stupid, everything I love in a Goblin, helps that he seems to be quick and a decent fighter! should of seen him fly at those things from the pit, makes a good trap detector too, just make a few suggestions of treasure or payment heck even just egging him to do it will work."

Freyr: "The Changeling? Interesting trick she can do, but I advise you not to piss that one off if you can't fight for shit, I might kill a man and rob them for fun or boredom but her, she'll happily ruin a life and leave them in torment, she makes her money for framing people or tricking them, tricky but handy when dealing with you racist fucks."

Kristen: "The Doctor? I dunno what you want me to say, she seems to be good at what she knows and well seems like she might enjoy a life of crime, even if she is a rough and slightly naive rookie if she sticks to Freyr long enough we may have another skilled criminal in THistlehold, and hell another underworld Doctor in the world would be handy"

William: "Too proud for his own good, not sure what he is doing with the rest of us but eh I have to give him some respect handled himself pretty damn well in that Ambush although not much else to say about him."

Ulavan: "You know, if asked a few hours ago, I'd of said he was a stupid, suicidal coward but turns out he has a few handy tricks hidden under his frail exterior, although he does need to clean his ears out and drop some of those so called morals. Oh and if someone asks you to steal something and not open it, you do not open it just common sense."

Ingridr: "Knowledgable, skilled and well strange, I've heard of witches may have even met a few in my years, while sure I could kill her if I wanted I'd rather not unless the money is good."

NPCs
Captain Marvello: "Not much to say on the man, I try to avoid all of the guards for a reason."

Suria Argona: "Asking the wrong person there."

Captain Dekamedos: "We are dealing with him as a middle man? Follow the deal to the letter and if you need me, I'll be on the otherside of town, anyone else coming? Crack-bones? Gob? Freyr?"

Anadea: "A real mystery that one, I got my money in the end and she pointed us to a danger that needs dealing with and might earn us a big pay day to the right person if we can find them? I'd say she done enough for me to at least help solve the issue she hired us for even if she died."

Taran: "Ha, I ain't telling you anything."

« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 07:21:39 PM by Belzera »

The Dan

• Out Of The Shadows
  • Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
Re: Korik Kalatra: Bio and Opinions
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 10:35:56 PM »
Ah, excellent.

You work the Heap, my territory is the Scold. So no reason for any enmity. Just respect between two professionals.
Dan: A title of honor for respected men, equivalent to Master or Sir. Any of 12 levels of proficiency at the grade of black belt in martial arts such as judo and karate. An expert or expert level in shogi and other such games. He that judges.

Belzera

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 12:09:52 AM »
"Like I'd be stupid enough to admit I work in your area"

Belzera

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 10:25:09 PM »
Current thoughts on Characters
PCs

Note: Most of this will never ever be said to the Priest for obvious reasons.

Crack-Bones: "Friendly, reliable and damn prudent, glad he declared no survivors was the smartest move that could be made that day."

Freyr: "Well, now I know that she can fight, I'm surprised didn't think she had it into her although I do have to state she is the worst of us, haha, I mean strangling one brother while looking like the other brother is just mean."

Kirsten: "A damn green criminal but gods she has the shapings of a good one, I'm thinking she has a hunger for killing people more than I'd want in a Doctor"

William: "Fucking hypocrit, we shouldn't loot the dead, lets share the loot, we shouldn't take their weapons, I want to take their weapons for the brother, I want that weapon myself. You want a share of the loot we take then shut up about how we get said loot, the dead don't need it after all."

Ulavan: "What he doesn't know doesn't bother him."

NPCs
Captain Dekamedos: "Still gonna see about a Bar on the otherside of town, and no I didn't think handing him an empty box was gonna get us the information but handing him an unopened box was better than handing him a box we had opened."

The Mekele Brothers: "Wonder if Gob can steal that final sword and armour when he kills the sole survivor."

Alamei: "Who? who? Oh that racist fuck that was insulting Crack-bones, fucking useless fighter one less racist in the world"

Ado: "That fucking cheap ass, tight ass, rip off merchant, that thing was worth much more than what he offered, sheesh man doesn't know quality even when I beat him with it"

Lysindra Goldengrasp: "Another stuck up Ambrian."

Belzera

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 08:17:52 PM »
PCs

Ingriğr: "...She's dead what does it matter?"

NPCs

Anadea: "A gift that keeps giving that girl, although I can't help but feel the girl had a hero complex and was planning on using us as disposable pawns to further her own fucking delusions of self importance, still I got paid and she's dead so what does it matter?"

Windil: "Heh, glad I got to meet a decent Medicus from my element, fair prices, fair practices, he'll be handy down the line at the least."

Belzera

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2018, 04:56:06 PM »
PCs

Gob: "Have to give the guy credit, he managed to murder the templar and even managed to frame him, impressive, smarter than he seems."

Ulavan: "He needs to shut his mouth before I shut his preaching lips up permanently, if he wasn't surprisingly useful right now things would be so much easier"

NPCs

Mare-Cat: "Heh heh, stronger than 2 humans and a Changeling but still no match for me"

Mayor Nightpitch: "Seems like a no-nonsense sort of guy, although is he ill?"

Gadramon: "Which one was this one? Oh the talky one? Its fucking hard to get a read on someone who isn't speaking a language you understand, ask a better question! bah fine, seemed earnest enough and could talk for days, poor Crack-bones translating all that talk."

Eferneya: "So the Crazy herb one? really, she seemed alright, I guess she knows her shit."

Yagaba: "Gotta admit was surprised to see her in the flesh as it were, not as ascary looking as I expected."

Belzera

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2019, 09:50:22 PM »
PCs

Crack-Bones: "Sane, Dependable and these last few days been even better in conversations. Can't think of anyone else I'd rather work with and trust my back to, damn brutal fighter too, might need to learn a few tricks from him."

Kirsten: "So yeah.... I think my regular doctoring will go to our good friend Windil unless its a dire straight, she does enjoy killing too much for a Doctor, and definately needs to learn to hold her cards close to her chest, fucking 70 Thalor.... gone...."

William: "So observant and seemingly knowledge about the Davokar, but when something is deadly you need to make it clearfrom the get go, otherwise we all try to go back to sleep... but fine, he might be a Hypocrit but he is bareable outside of that I guess."

Gob: "So... Goblins become Trolls interesting to know, but Gob ain't gonna get that far without Kirsten following him for the next 20 odd years. He was lucky to survive the last few brawls, heh then again most of them were I guess, but can't say that he won't at least go down without a fight."

Ulavan: "Fuck him, sure, he is handy and his healing has been invaluable, but really is all of the preaching needed? Is all of the fucking arguing needed? With him, I wish I could forget a fraction of what he spouts... Do not leave me alone with him on a watch, I will not be responsible if he vanishes in the night."

NPCs

Mayor Nightpitch: "Definately a No nonsense sort of person. I Like him, but how do the Priest and Freyr not realise the guy only wants you to get to the point and get the fuck out of his space, seems obvious to me."

Gadramon: "Gotta admit, if Crack-bones translated properly he definately won that fucking stupid discussion the Priest kept dragging out"

Teara-Téana: "So Elves are creepy, never expected to meet one and now I've met 4? If you had asked me before finishing this job, I'd of told you she was a tight assed bitch that I really didn't want to fuck with, but considering I now have 100 Thalor in my pock... yes it will be shared out, I'm not like you forgetful humans... anyway, if she pays that well I'll happily do more work in the future, heh I was only asking for payment of some sort for the book, but hey ho, gift horse and all that."

Ka’eroa: "God he is big, do they all grow that massive? He's bigger than Crackbones!"

The Weepers: "So... thats gotta be boring as hell right? just crying into a bowl and then emptying it right? I doubt they do that singing thing with the Spirit Eox that often, I mean it was an amazing song and it healed that Eox, but give me a good fight over standing around and crying any day. Hrm.... maybe I should of asked how they actually did that trick though.... bah shit"

Events
(Adding this as some comments make more sense in a context rather than for a person)

The Iron Pact Fortress: "So after all that travelling with that Mare-cat we step through a portal and are whisked away... Considering the hoops you need to jump through to get to it, there must be easier ways to enter the palce but gods, I'd never want to get into a fight with the elves especailly there, its a fucking death trap and a creepy play with those weird murals and two weeping Elves..."

Blight Beast Encounter: "So, I can see, in hindsight why these things have such a reputation, I mean it went down easily but that was the group working as a unit and hitting it with everything we had, sure the fight in the pit was much more brutal but I have to admit, we might of gotten a little lucky here but pretty sure that was the ring leader of the cult at least. Rest in peace Ingriğr

Eox in the Forest: "So that was an experience, and that was a spirit the Barbarians worship? Can see why someone might want to take its head but considering they got a group like us to get the head back, I don't think its worth the risk just to have a unique pelt. And that trick they did with healing the thing? Was that magic singing? Should of asked about that, that'd be a cool trick to know.... next time I guess, put it down to the lack of sleep I was dealing with."

Gobs Lost Barrel: Laughter, just Laughter

Belzera

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 09:34:10 PM »
PCs

Ulavan: "Some one dated him? Well thats a bet I'd of lost, good thing he doesn't seem to want money, more for me... er us"

NPCs

Mayor Nightpitch: "Fucking tight ass opportunistic bastard... but a lead to Symbar, Its a long term job but hey it'll be fun to loot those graves so I'll consider him more than paid his due... not like I could beat the money out of him anyway. Eh? Lying? Nah he has no need to lie about something like this and frankly if he was it'd be soon found once we get to Karvosti and start poking around."

Events

Worst Day Ever: "So much stolen from us... bah, don't remind me, fucking Nightpitch doing what I'd do in his position, ah well... lets just follow his lead and see how it pays out"

The Race for Symbar: "So some crazy Adventurer has found a route and now the Crown and the Church are both gathering forces to get there first, heh heh good old wilderness, I doubt we won't end up crossing paths with elements of them at some point and small groups go missing all the time out there."
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 09:35:41 PM by Belzera »

Belzera

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2019, 10:02:07 PM »
PCs

Crack-bones: "How does he do it? Is it his age... he seems to fit perfectly in Thistlehold and yet out here.... he doesn't seem out of place either, is it his age?"

Ulavan: "Crack-Bones seems to think he is worth putting up with, but his sermonising, his 'morals', sure he has his uses but if he keeps stopping us for every fucking corpse in this fucking forest that claims lives of countless adventurers I will personally make sure he can join them. I let the first time go, but really cuasing a fuss over an assassin should of thrown HIM off instead. Yeah he has his uses, yes his knowledge and healing are good to have on hand, but understand I've killed people for much less."

NPCs:

Kulavan: "Yes I like the mule more than the Priest, it keeps a good pace, carries more than its fair share, doesn't sermonize and if we run out of food we can eat him, whats not to like?"

Events

Barbarian Hospitality: Mutters this softly "Like family huh?"

The Massacred Family: "Really, you are asking about this waste of time?! People die in this forest every day, we wasted a good half of the day on that."

Assassination Attempt?: "They tried, they failed, they died, whats more to say?"

Karvosti: "Its a large raised defensible location with a whole lot of empty space.... in the middle of the Forest, wow."

Belzera

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2019, 09:57:03 PM »
PCs

Crack-bones: "An Orge of multiple worlds, neither the Ambrians nor the Barbarians are his Kin yet he can deal with them so easily... for an orge, and as I thought he does have quite a punch to his swings hehe, he even has the ego to want to take on the Leige Troll, I guess it must be a first for him seeing a foe so much bigger than himself and wanting to take it down a peg."

Gob: "Gob is a danger to two things, himself and to anything he tries to kill, his obession with becoming a Troll is amusing to watch, but I've seen drunks in a dark alley with more prospects of getting out of their situation alive. If you had told me two months ago, a Goblin would be one of the better fighters I would deal with I'd of laughed you off, just need to keep him close to me or Crack-bones to make best use of him without wasting his life needlessly."

Freyr: "Do all Changleings have this unnatural attraction to Elves? Or is she just a deviant in that regard? If I meet another I have to ask them."

Kristen: "This fucking madwoman, crafting explosives! I'm surprised that the wolf didn't explode when it bit her, thats at least 2 grenades that I know of she has on her, can she even use them safely?! I know she lives to kill, but do your killing with a less messy weapon."

William: "So yeah, although his alturism led him into the reach of a life sucking blight beast, I guess his evident skills being the reason we got as far as we have so swiftly, considering certain other detours make up for it."

Ulavan: "His waffling and bemoaning over dealing with this woman were bad enough, his contast 'it is our duty to make sure any blight beast is put down' is old, frankly we are in a fucking forest reknown for its Blight beasts and Blight marked ruins, if he keeps trying to stop us in order to deal with every fucking one that we catch a whiff off I can't see him surviving it, this forest after all creates countless blighted beasts. Sigh Crack-bones says he is worth the hassle.... worth the hassle."

NPCs:

Brother Bartho: "Rude and to the point, perfect, honoured his side of the bargain after we got him out safe too, even better. Considering he was a black cloak I was expecting someone worse than the Priest, guess miracles do happen 'Praise Prios'"

Malahai: "That was a lot of Elves he had, thankfully he was willing to let us be, might of lost Gob if we had to fight out way through them."

Orangaar: "Big, tough and ugly, my favourite 3 things in an opponent, but I suppose the path of least resistance was the smartest choice here, the Rage Trolls from the earlier encounter where easy becuase of our planning, his bodyguards would of been on us much much quicker and he certainly looked tougher."

Events

The Murders: "So the people we were seeking were murdered either shortly before we arrived or during our first night and Bartho was hiding from assasins as well as the place he was hiding assualted, certainly stinks of someone moving to cover all paths to Symbar, events on Karvosti make me think its Templars.... but the barbarian raid, was that seperate? a strange coincidence maybe?"

Assualt on Vearra: "So... we seem to get into fights in the worst possible positions, but, luckily for the Outpost we dealt with the sneaking enemies while we escaped, also really a Lindwyrm? Psh yeah right"

Faarah Maroun: "So, my first Ruin and its a rather poor place to loot, plenty of nice fights though and well its little impressive about it, a half caved in, part flooded wreck of a palace, the only interesting part was that door in the basement, ingenious mechanism and craftsmanship."

Belzera

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2019, 06:57:02 PM »

Theme Song

PCs

Crack-bones: "Even with his weird taste in compassion and his... age seeming to catch up with him, still I don't doubt him nor his skills."

Gob: "He is learning well, starting to move in that armour of his much more naturally, but damn he is powered by Luck and Stupidity. That lucks gotta run out at some point doesn't it?"

Freyr: "Of all the people that I thought the Forest would fuck up, the Changeling indentity thief was not high on that list. But drowning, undead, wraith filled isle, a nervous wreck that is probably going to start being a leaden weight if the forest and the search for Symbar throws more of those things at us."

Kristen: "I'm honestly suprised she didn't try to spark up a conversation with Dagasto or try to kill him, he had a lot of shit she just seems to love making on him after all."

Ulavan: Laughter "Fuck off, I'm in a good mood"

NPCs:

Kol: "Opportunistic Guy, there are many of them in the world, was kinda surprised he was still there when we returned to the landing spot, definately overpaid for him though."

Serema: "Told him that the Priest would be against her living."

Dagasto: "I like him, did you catch the trap he set as we left? Good thinking that man, and he isn't wrong there will probably be enough treasure in Symbar proper, but still no harm in planning to deal with him, after all he is willing to trap his passage through ruins."

Events

The Forest Ruin: "Really, you want to bring this up.... Fine, yes sure I didn't want to go in there but once there was sign of there being something there I wasn't going to let it go and I'm glad I didn't, several Artifacts, one of which should be mine right fucking now,a fair bit of money in Gems and Coins along with an experience worth retelling."

The Island: "That was an interesting trek, got myself a little pet project out of it too, shame I can't make it work properly as well as a nice little map to a backdoor into Karvosti."

Belzera

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2019, 09:47:25 PM »

Theme Song

PCs

Crack-bones: "So, interesting claiming that we aren't seeking Symbaroum but seeking to kill those that pursue it to the High Chief but I'll back him as its the easiest way to deal with our opponents in this race. However his patience with the group is stretching thin since the Gob incident, but then again 200 years without corruption and one idiot ruins it massively, I can understand that, if it comes down to it I know who I'm siding with."

Gob: "He's dead, good riddance."

Freyr: "You know what, for all the shit she's dealt with she didn't become a dead weight, more skittish sure but still held her own and helped out a fair bit."

Ulavan: "Finally saw things my way on that fucking Artifact, a nice little thing to have, sure he isn't wrong its not something that should be given out freely to the group, but for me its a nice little tool, need to sit down with it and test out a few things. Oh going back to the Priest? Er, he is going to have a fun time when everybody really get into the use of that Artifact to remove corruption."

Will: "Mans a Master tracker, skilled archer, we'd still be rummaging blindly through that spider infested hellhole for sure thought he was gonna run off and join the Queens army though."

Bran: "Not really spent much time with him, at least he seems to be able to hold his own in a fight, makes a difference"

NPCs:

High Chieftain Tharaban: "Treated us better than I'd of guessed, impressive set up and no doubt if we hadn't saved him from war we'd been in deep trouble. Owes us a favor, can't waste that."

First Guard Farvan: "Thats some impressive Armour, Crack-bones did some good work getting that connection too."

Events

Spiders, Fucking Spiders: "So these fuckers.... weak, swarming, nimble and VENOMOUS. Try to pin you then swarm you, a single bite is enough to poison you which is fine on its own but with the numbers these fuckers came in yeah, sure, no thanks, would keep choosing to fight Blackcloaks over those spiders under Karvosti."

Gob Fucking Gob!: "Bound to happen I suppose but goddamn the next goblin I deal with that is impulsive like that is just getting its fingers smashed until it learns no touchy, also going down like that was not fun, thankfully it wasn't a problem for them, wait what do you mean you didn't loot him!? He was hording Thalor.... fuck."

Gravity: "This day.... its not been my day, lets just agree the most dangerous thing has been that cliff and never mention it again."

Averting War: "Crack-bones isn't wrong that it was the best thing to do, after all a bloody war in the forest would make Thistlehold a prime target for retaliation and armies milling about make it hard to move in peace."

Belzera

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2019, 02:42:42 PM »

Theme Song

PCs

Crack-bones: "His age really shows at times, its not that he is impulsive, we've been through a lot in the last few months and I wouldn't ask for a better person to watch my back for, but fucking hell does he come across as impulsive at times, but no its just his age and faulty memory, Twice I've had a plan in place that he agreed too for him to pull a gob and just fucking ignore it. Still at least we can handle such stupid actions at times. And without the priest around its been easier for both of us to get shit done"

Ulavan: "Good Riddance, did one last good thing for us after he left to go to Ravenia by cuasing Bran to rejoin us. And our time back in the Capital has just strengthened how much of a hindrance he can be, after all he'd of argued against breaking into the plob, he'd of argued against killing all witnesses, he'd of been another man Ambrian facing the so called dark lord... fuck I can hear the fucking preaching now... I need more beer..."

Will: "This man is good at one or two things at most, its not talking, its not brawling, its scouting and sniping at targets, but he has a big ego and an even bigger ambition, not sure he'll ever live upto either of them."

Bran: "The man is capable both in and out of a fight, not much of a medic but he is learning at least, and he doesn't bitch of complain about getting into the fray or getting his hands dirty, certainly another one I'll leave my back to, and the only Ambrian I think I would leave alone in the room with the so called Dark Lord."

Kristen: "So she came back, didn't like the army, I guess too many rules on who she can and can't shoot and she fit right back into position as the best marksmen in the group along with a pretty good healer, I doubt she'd of survived the battle with the Templar if she had stuck with us so it all worked out."

Yagaba: "So, damn this witch is useful, I mean, you know how many people I killed when I still needed answers from them? Too many, but now thanks to her its no longer an issue and not only that she seems like she is actually useful in a fight unlike the priest, but then again thinking back most of the witches I've dealt with or seen in battle have been pretty capable, guess its just the Ambrian churchs lot that produce combat inept magic users."

Lothar: "He's dead now, what does it matter? Yes he was an idiot, its pointless to focus on it so piss off before I teach you the lesson he got taught."

NPCs:

Duke Ynedar Kohinoor: "A decent man, had to deal with a lot but he pulled through, sure thanks to us but he managed to flee long enough for us to find him and kill the templar and blackcloaks dragging him off, treated even Crackbones fairly and no one has the right to try and depose someone like that."

Lieutenant Vernon: "That... that is a human who coasts by just on his looks right? Is that why everone else is infatuated by the man?"

Sister Losadra: "She's dead, got a nice kit from her though."

Everno Vearra: "Man that was the toughtest human I've ever met, glad he is dead, it was a close fight, I still ache in a few places cos of him."

More to come, but thats for another post.