Author Topic: The Deceptions of the Doctor  (Read 580 times)

PaperWitch99

• Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
The Deceptions of the Doctor
« on: November 25, 2018, 09:09:39 PM »
All the pages that will be written in here will be written and then discarded the next day by Magnus/Annabelle. They are sometimes screwed up in the bin or thrown away in the streets. (Just for some background)
"Spartans never die. They're just missing in action."

PaperWitch99

• Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
Re: The Deceptions of the Doctor
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 09:20:05 PM »
Monday 24th

I finally got to work on one of these monsters, to see how they differ from a normal man. Peter decided to help me, which didnít allow me to conduct a full investigation. I doubt they would appreciate my more drastic methods.

Inspection of the body before we delved in, was how you expected a dead man to look. The skin was pale and greying, some odd blackened areas around the fingers and toes.

The first cut always caused a rush of adrenaline. Excitement to see what this marvellous specimen held. My only regret is that I hadnít managed to get more of these creatures, to have the first cut on each of them.

The first cut on this specimen, this monster, was somewhat unexpected, as the skin peeled back to show the blackened and bruised organs within. All showing significant cell death. All useless for future projects. The heart was significantly withered: I doubt it could pump blood around a child never mind this creature. The lungs seemed to be on the brink of collapse. I thought of Peterís lung at this point. I wanted to do a comparison but I doubt he would appreciate me cutting him open.

The rest of the organs, the liver, kidneys, stomach, etcetera, shouldnít have been in a living body. I would expect this sight in a week old corpse or a freshly turned animate, maybe a week old as my first subject seemed to demonstrate. This creature should not have been able to move never mind attack us. I want to see if the other monsters are the same or if they are all different. I only brought this one as it was the only one that seemed to cause harm to itself. An interesting quality I thought.

On looking at these wounds me and Peter came the conclusion they had been done over a while due to the layers of scar tissue that had now accumulated. Nothing of importance leapt out at me here so we moved on.

Upon reaching the head, what little of it remained thanks to Mouse, we discovered that the brain was the healthiest part of this monster. If I had not seen the rest of this body, I would have thought we were looking at a normal man. The reports we read seem to indicate that these monsters at points gained heightened intelligence. Subject F, our missing monsters, seemed to be the one that escaped the madness to benefit from this intelligence. I managed to cut off a piece of the brain and slip it into my bag without Peter noticing, if only I had managed to collect some of the blood. It might have revealed what this Z-Gas was actually doing to the body.

If only Meyer had returned with the other bodies and the lab had not been burnt down. What secrets did the other bodies hold. Maybe a live specimen will hold the secretes I desire. It will give me a better insight on how this distraught body functions. These monsters are all dead men walking.

A live specimen might be beneficial to understand the changes in characteristics in more detail than what the papers had said. Some weeks might have to be spent observing the character of a man, before the gas is administered, to better notice the subtle differences. Unless I use a subject that I know already? The reduced waiting time will allow me to study it longer once the gas is administered.

I must find more of this gas or try to synthesise it myself, then I will be able to conduct more experiments. I might be able to see how exactly this gas is affecting the body and maybe able to perfect it. I actually managed to grab what remained of this gas, some of it is being used to test on rabbits, which Cohen will hopefully gets soon, but there may be enough for what I need.

If our missing monster cannot be found I may need to make one myself.

PaperWitch99

• Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 09:54:32 PM »
This is the paragraph from the latest diary that was crossed out.

Meyer presented the platter of rabbits to me. The same glisten of rich blood on the blackened organs as the monsters. I would have marvelled at such specimens but the barbarian who conducted the autopsy must have used an axe with the jagged edges and scratches on the entire thing! They do not hold the same delicate hand as me. The revealing of such sacred structures should not have been done as if the body was to be butchered for a pie. I should have taken the bodies from Meyer to tell them that all would have been okay and I would have fixed them.

PaperWitch99

• Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 08:49:19 PM »
The top of the page has been torn off and the rest of the writing is messy.

Pre-test of WAKE is underway. A small drop of the liquid was placed into the whiskey. The behaviour of Karl has not altered in any way out of his normal personality. The drink may have taken him out of his lowest state but nothing major has happened.

The full bottle was added to the next whiskey. Nothing immediate has happened.

Half an hour into the second dose. Karl seems to be relaxing. I have seen him drink before and he only exhibits these symptoms of intoxication after his tenth drink. This may be the effects of WAKE taking hold.

Karl has started to relax. His pupils seem more dilated than usual. This could be showing similar symptoms to opiates. This would be fitting of the description of the drug that the prostitutes gave us.

I have observed him for the past five minutes and he has slipped into a deep sleep. His breathing has become more and more shallow. Pulse: none.

He's awake.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 09:51:59 PM by PaperWitch99 »

Secretly a doom bot

• Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 10:00:41 PM »
(I paid good money for that wake only for you to waste it...)

PaperWitch99

• Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2018, 10:59:12 PM »
(You didn't pay any money for it XD The first one is free XD It was offered to me in the first place.. so I guess I was the rightful owner)

PaperWitch99

• Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2018, 06:24:06 PM »
(This is more what the character thought at the end of the last session.)

He was dead. There was no pulse. Karl was dead. How could I kill him. What was that? A cat? Not Karl. I donít think he followed me. He was dead. He woke up. How can he wake up? Is he an animate? No. There was no hunger there. Or was there? I killed him. I need to find help. Who can I trust. You killed him. He was the only one I could trust. Mouse! But would Mouse question me. How did he wake up? Is that what it is named after. Mouse would want answers. How could I do that to him. No I canít tell Mouse. Too many questions. Who else? Why did I join this revolution? You killed him, You murdered him with your own curiosity. No I didnít. I was trying to help him. Theses thoughts. Act normal Annabelle. People are staring. What are they doing out so late? Act Normal! Would Karl have killed me. He didnít look like he was conscious. He was dead. I need help. No! Help will only bring questions. The Z-Gas. Turn back. He will find the Z-Gas. He will become one of those monsters. Go back. I need to do something. Head to Mouse. He might not ask questions. How could I do this to him. Not that. Itís not the same as my father! Iím here. Where is Mouse? You canít trust him. He is the only one I can trust. He might not ask questions. Need to think of something. Need to think of a lie. He will ask questions. I killed him. Peter is here. I canít trust him. Not with this. Can I trust Mouse? They are asking about him. He wonít leave. Peter wonít leave! I need help. I need to get back to my house. He might be able to help. Heís smart. He can help. I need to tell them both. Mouse knows Iím not telling the truth. I need to tell them. Not the truth. Karl did it. Sure. You killed him. No Karl was the one who took the bottle without me knowing. You Killed Him. Yes thatís what I will have to say. YOU Killed Him. They will trust me. They will have to trust me. He woke up he is fine. I must have been mistaken. Yes thatís right. I didnít kill him. YOU KILLED HIM. No he is drunk and just needs my help. Get Mouse and Peter to help. Everything will be fine.

PaperWitch99

• Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2019, 09:57:08 PM »
Sunday 30th August 2105

Again. Again. I need to see this drug again. She tried to keep me at bay but instincts, desire takes hold. The George, itís always the George. Just to try to meet with the revolutionaries. They prefer me. They will. Rose has the skills I need, I want. Roseís history is full of black spots. She will side with me. I canít trust Mouse. She likes him. She trusts him. I can see it in his eyes. He hates me. He doesnít understand. I have more WAKE. Who to use it on. When. That low life that lives upstairs. No one would care if he went. No one would realise it was me. Why would a drug make someone look dead? Why would it kill them just the bring them back? What was that state.? I need to know more. Knowledge is power after all. I need to know what it is, not these riddles the whores seem to enjoy telling us. They make me laugh.

PaperWitch99

• Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2019, 09:44:35 PM »
(Again this is the thoughts of the character after the chat is the Hovel)

I'm not mad. I'm not mad. I'm not Richard. I can't be. He only wanted to destroy life, I want to save it to preserve it. How can Peter draw comparisons between us. No, Richard even saw it himself. How can I be like him. I'm not mad. I'm not a killer. You killed your mother. NO! These foreign thoughts. Where do they come from?. Mouse said both. He only said both whilst looking at me. He called the rest outside. Both. I can't. I'm not mad. I can't be. I'm not mad. I'm not a killer. I'm not Richard. Yet there are things I can't explain. I need my Journal. I need to test it. Why wonít they let me have my Journal. Because I will burn it. Mouse knows Iím here. There must be an explanation. I canít be mad. Iím not. Their wrong. They have to be. Iím the Doctor. I know these things. Iím not mad. Iím not like Richard. Iím not a killer. We are.

PaperWitch99

• Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2019, 12:25:01 PM »
Thursday 18th September 2105

Dear Diary,

Oh how my body aches. The pain is sure to take me from this cruel, cruel world! If it is not physical, then the mental torment that my friends deliver to me daily is sure to cause me to expire. Oh how am I ever going to live for this revolution!

Thatís what Magnus would put anyway. Sheís too emotional all the time. Itís always clouding her judgement on people and situations. She got us shot twice because she started to panic. Pathetic. I doubt Magnus would be able to patch us up as well as I did. Too much shaking and crying, she would probably rip the stitches open again.

This group does both irritate me and intrigue me. How could a group of individuals so focused on each others destruction last this long. It seems that every time we talk there is threat at drawing guns. Peter and Rose always shout at me when I speak. Their constant bickering does drain me. They never want to hear my views on the subjects. I believe if they hear my thoughts then we might be able to move on with our mission! I will give my life for the revolution. If only they will take me more seriously!

I must have more of this Warlock! It has allowed me to stay out for longer. I am slowly gaining control for longer but this is a significant increase on time. It must be tripping a circuit in the brain causing my functions to remain active. Either that or its not allowing me to calm down. Magnus originally used it to stop me from coming out but that backfired, especially when she got shot.

The group wish to go back to the house and so do I but they are idiots to want to go back so soon. Even with the Warlock pulsing through my veins, the screaming and begging of the spirit inside me did unnerve me. I feel Magnus's heart beat faster every time the spirit is brought up. She scared, but not me. I want to work with it. Maybe strike a deal or two. Oh how I do crave that feeling again! Its grate to vent a bit of steam and also get a few samples along the way. I could feel Magnus holding back but she must embrace it. If we resist it many more times I wonder what it will do to us. It is sure to be getting more and more angry every time she does that. Whatever it is, I'm sure it is fun but not as fun when we accept and embrace it. I do wish it was around when mother died.

We ended up in the Cat's house. As I walked in I could feel Magnus trying to pull us out away from there. Seems she has some bad memories linked to this place. Rose, like Magnus, has been clouded by their emotions. They didnít listen to what they were saying, only acting on impulse. Her sister is definitely her weak point which maybe could be used get her to do something for me. Peter and the Doll seem to be conscious of their actions. They both didn't seem fazed by what had happened. Peter doesnít seem to care about anyone any more. How interesting. I can see how he wouldnít care for Violet seen as she did kill the Cat but he murdered Karl for Magnus.

The Coward only spoke a few lines in what little English he knew. Seems we have a new challenge of not being able to communicate! Our little group is sure to adapt to it. Oh wait isnít that what got us into this mess of murders? Strange.

Magnus was right about these little diaries she leaves. It does make me feel better. It has allowed me to plan some steps for my next experiment. Maybe something to do with Violet. I feel like we need a conversation with her new friend.

Love from Annabelle x

PaperWitch99

• Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2019, 04:39:32 PM »
Friday 25th September 2105

Dear Diary

As Magnus slowly slips into dreamland I find myself fully in control of our body. There has always been resistance from Magnus from the start of our little friendship but lately I have easily taken control. It seems we are separating more. I wonder if stress is the main factor behind this as little progression was made during our two week holiday. Whatever is happening Iím sure it will be fun.

I think the pressure is starting to get to Peter. He didnít recognise me at all today. How shameful. Maybe I should do something to cheer him up. Maybe if I make him a drink, a shot of whiskey no doubt. Oh! My special ingredient has some interesting developments. Rose did successfully identify what wake was made of but couldnít even begin to understand what the last ingredient was. Naturally, being Rose, she became as obsessed as me. With the help of the Father, bless his soul, we found out there are animates below the George. I have a hunch about what our mystery ingredient is but I doubt Rose would talk to me about it. Clearly she isnít, but she loves to be the smartest in the room. Magnus does like her, no doubt there, but I do feel the twitch of anger and annoyance when she does her little spiel.

George. Our little ghost collector, George. He wet himself the poor thing. Maybe I should refrain from throwing water over him next time. If I get a next time that is. Peter said something about moving him somewhere more secure than Roseís home, even if I canít imagine anywhere more secure than where Violet is. Either the attacker will end up in a bed or a grave. Iím interested to see which Magnus is going to get into. Violet has been obsessed with her for a while now. Maybe once Magnus finally gives into her she will leave her alone. Oh I do wish to talk to violet more. She is such an interesting character, and with all the talk about  cutting off heads she might be able to get some more samples for me. Maybe she will be able to convince Magnus to loosen up as well, much unlike Rose. Oh what a bore. I had such high hopes for her but she would rather talk about academic things with Magnus. Shame. However that little Ďfriendshipí could be ending soon. The look of pure terror she wore when Magnus started playing with her didn't come out of nowhere. I feel like she only smiles to our face to keep Magnus think she is her friend.

A long streak of ink runs off the page starting from the words of the next paragraph.

Fog and the Do-

Note to make: even though Magnus's consciousness was Ďasleepí her night terrors still persist even if the body is awake. Upon waking sudden control was given back to Magnus and my thoughts were blocked for several minutes.

I have never experienced this before as we have both been asleep when the night terrors occur. We have no memory of them but sleeping at Rose's home has lead us both to believe we experience the same ailment. Whatever circuit in the brain triggers the night terrors blocks me it seems. This is troubling as full control and consciousness cannot be achieved. Maybe if a cure for these night terrors can be synthesised to prevent the mind from ejecting me from thought. Oh how I wish it wasn't my brain. My mind is too precious to take a knife to it.

Maybe someone at that asylum will be like us. Maybe a second visit is in order but with me talking instead of Magnus. Violet should come and show me her tricks as well. The help will be very much needed.

Love Annabelle x

PaperWitch99

• Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2019, 07:00:32 AM »
(This was written back when everyone was planning Magnus's death. Her, Karl and Peter went to her parents memorial so she could say goodbye.)

ďI should have come here before now.Ē She breathes in deeply. ďI should have come and apologised for the problems I caused, but I was too embarrassed. You always said you would be proud of me, dad, but I know you wouldnít be proud of me now. You wouldnít recognise me if you met me now. I know I hate what I have become. Iíve done terrible-Ē Her breath catches as her eyes start to well up, ďIíve done terrible things, to you and mum and the other innocent people I dragged into this. I tried to pick myself back up. I tried to redeem myself. It did work for a while. I made a friend, a good friend, dad. You would like him. He has a pure heart just like you. He helped me through everything and got me back on my feet. Karl was always there for me when I was mourning your death. I, er. I didnít repay his kindness though. I fell back into my old ways. I hated it.Ē

She pulls up her knees and leans on the grave of her father.

ďI joined a revolution. I met some great people. One of them is stood with Karl over there. Heís called Peter. He actually reminded me of that man you tried to set me up with when I was seventeen. He is devoted to this revolution, as much as the man who runs it. You canít hate them for what they are about to do. I have left them no choice. There was someone else called Mouse as well. He died about two hours ago. A death he didnít deserve. He was the only one that seemed to defend me. A good man but his feelings got in the way too many times. If he hadnít been in this revolution he would be busy setting up a place for the homeless children. He cared. A lot. Thatís probably what got him killed. He was the only one of us to care so much about other people really.Ē

She laughs through her tears.

ďThe rest are called Violet, Rose and Mr. Mole. They left the group two hours ago. Mole retired, I canít blame him. Rose and Violet-Ē

She stops and stares at the ground for a while.

ďI never believed in the afterlife. I never really questioned it either but with recent events I find myself thinking about it more and more. Some people say that they will see their loved ones again but I donít think I will see you again. With the terrible things I have done I will be lucky to end up in hell. I hate to think that your looking down on me right now. Iíve done nothing but tarnish the name that you made great. I donít deserve a name at all. Iím sorry dad. Iím sorry that I let you down.Ē

She glanced back over her shoulder to Karl and Peter. Her time was running out.

ďI hope you are enjoying heaven or wherever you are. You deserve the best, not what this world gave you. Itís time for me to go now. I love you dad. I always will.Ē

They begin to walk away with Peter and Karl. A bang rings out over the memorial. Then another.