Author Topic: Nationals 2019  (Read 329 times)

Mike Moriarty

• HUGS Avatar
  • Administrator
  • Games Master
    • View Profile
Nationals 2019
« on: October 29, 2018, 11:14:20 PM »
Hi Guys,

So now everyone is settled into games etc I thought its best we mention Nationals.

For those who are new the Student Nationals is a big gaming convention/tournament/social attended by hundreds of gamers from gaming societies around the country.

The Nationals moves location each year depending on who won the previous year and so is taking place from 12th - 14th of April 2019 in Glasgow.

At Nationals everyone signs up for a particular game category to play for the weekend with the categories covering roleplaying/wargaming/card games/board games/etc

We take a 1st/2nd/3rd choice from everyone wanting to go in case categories fill up and the game choices as well as loads of other information can be found in the brochure linked below

https://nsgrc2019.files.wordpress.com/2018//brochure-v2.pdf

If you want to attend entry is 25 but please keep in mind there will also be hotel/transport expenses. We are currently looking into estimates on how much that will be and will post that up as soon as possible.

Also we will need to know who is wanting to come by the end of the year especially as Glasgow is a bit further travel than Bradford last year so we will need to know numbers as early as possible so we can get logistics sorted.

Any questions let us know here or in person and id advise anyone new who is interested to talk to HUGS members who have been before and will have lots of stories and info about Nationals.

Also if you want to come and want to give in choices post below or send me a message. Regarding entry fees see Ben

Mike Moriarty

• HUGS Avatar
  • Administrator
  • Games Master
    • View Profile
Re: Nationals 2019
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 11:25:36 PM »
Iv had a look at hotel options and it looks like it will be something in the range of 60 - 80 each for the weekend based on sharing a room(more if you wanted a single).

That is however just an estimate and we wont know for certain til I have numbers as it may change due to hotel availability / price changes / group discounts etc.

damo_b

• Nationals Costumes
  • I Roll For Lunch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 05:24:49 PM »
What is the Hotel?

Mike Moriarty

• HUGS Avatar
  • Administrator
  • Games Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 07:15:01 AM »
What is the Hotel?

That price is based on looking at places like Premier Inn / Travel lodge / Best Western

Mike Moriarty

• HUGS Avatar
  • Administrator
  • Games Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 08:08:04 PM »
So list of people signed up is below

Chris Dieck
Pete Seed
William Johnson
Friday   
Michael Brown
Weston Stead
James Stockton
Jack Dodd
Shorty   
Connor Baker
Eleanor Powrie
David Mills
Mark Magill
Max   
Henry Baldry
Ben Taylor
Alex Chan
Mike Moriarty

First things we need to know:

1) Do you need transport from Huddersfield?
2) Do you need accommodation sorted and if so do you want a shared or single room? (Current estimate is 60 - 80 for weekend sharing, single would be more)

Mike Moriarty

• HUGS Avatar
  • Administrator
  • Games Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 08:35:49 PM »
Right guys its just 1 week til nationals so below should be all the info for next Friday

We will be getting picked up by the mini bus at 12pm on Queens Street where the University architecture building is.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.641142,-1.7813272,315m/data=!3m1!1e3

As normal we will be meeting for breakfast at the Cherry Tree at 10am so people can either join us there and we will walk down as a group or meet us at the pick up point

Rough estimate is we will arrive at the hotel at 5 which is the Premier Inn Charing Cross and the rooms are as below

TWIN ROOM
Chris Dieck
Pete Seed

William Johnson
James Stockton

Michael Brown
Eleanor Powrie

Shorty
Henry Baldry

Mark Magill
Max

David Mills
Mike Moriarty

SINGLE ROOM
Ben Taylor
Alex Chan
Jack Dodd
Weston Stead
Friday
Connor Baker

Glasgow university is not in the centre so will need to get a bus up there which the internet tells me takes about 5 - 10 minutes and comes every 15 - 20 minutes from a bus stop on bath street(1 street over from hotel) called Kings Theatre.

Since we need to be there at 9am on the Saturday and Sunday id recommend us aiming for the 8:30am bus but we can finalise those sorts of plans on the day

You can find details on bus routes and such at the below website and there is also a Glasgow bus app if you search for it on the play store(I dont own an iPhone but I assume an equivalent exists)

https://www.firstgroup.com/greater-glasgow

For the nationals itself they have put up the below page with guidance and this is also part of the website as a whole there you should be able to find more information

https://nsgrc.co.uk/2019/04/04/im-signed-up-to-this-nsgrc-thing-what-now/

Mini brochure with side events can be found here:

https://nsgrc2019.files.wordpress.com/2019/04/mini_brochure_a5_noscavenger.pdf

If you have forgotten what you are playing the game allocations can be found here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ckTjJWSO_X7-XZ1sKjMEsTqtC2eZS_zHnwM6hxwA66E/edit?fbclid=IwAR0DjFk6kyegRE2-KxnjbrWJmFI_4esOS5pV8BJUdFcYOIvBVQ4arzeYbpk#gid=0

Any questions or if iv missed something please ask here as theres plenty of nationals veterans here or we also do have a 5 hour coach journey where people will no doubt share a load of nationals stories some of which might even be useful

If you need to contact us on the day due to running late/lost/etc please call either Me(07920165364) or Alex(07549891801)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 12:14:22 PM by Mike Moriarty »