Author Topic: A Doctor's daybook  (Read 391 times)

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
    • A blog of shortymonster proportions.
A Doctor's daybook
« on: October 23, 2018, 11:35:27 AM »
Friday 21th of August 2105

I knew there was going to be injured, possibly dead but I never imagined the police to be so merciless. Many came away with life threatening injuries and some we sadly had to leave. It seemed to start off peacefully but soon ramped up as the crime lords moved in to cause damage. I should have known as soon as I saw the wretch Mr. Mole, death was soon to follow.

I have been looking after a range of patients that have been lending to my observations. I have a few with broken bones and arms; one man had his whole legs crushed. He is being prepared for amputation tomorrow. I hope to study the leg in further detail even with its undesirable condition. I also have a rather tricky patient. I managed to stabilise him at the demonstration but on further inspection when I got back to cleaner environments its seems his lung has stopped working I will have to study him more.

Lets hope to a brighter tomorrow.

-Magnus
Just so you know, I own a comic book store

Oh, and write a fiction blog for fun

PaperWitch99

• Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
Re: A Doctor's daybook
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 11:34:02 PM »
Friday 21st of August 2105

It was dark when we left the George Inn. I believe we are well into the morning of the next day. I have settled down at Karlís apartment as the risk is far too great to walk to mine alone by night. The events of today have made it a long one with the riot in the early morning and then falling back to Pinkyís and the George Inn for the evening.
It was here me and Karl began to talk to this dwarf. Turns out his name is Mouse. From his rough nature I would have avoided him and branded him as a low life. I was now surrounded by them, but Mouse seemed to be one of the more friendly people there. There is something about him still that I donít like but Karl seems to trust him so it might be I was too shaken by the riot this morning.
The man with the collapsed lung seems better. As soon as we got in the brothel a few doctors seemed to appear out of nowhere. They worked fast, only taking brief comments from me. They seemed a little too prepared but I guess this is what a war is like. Good practice is better for the patient as my father used to say.
The gang leaders Heartless and Keeler both seem very interested in people with a scientific background. Being what appeared to be the only doctor at the riot they all seemed to gravitate that interest on me. I only came to help the injured; not to be dragged into this war. I will see what they have to say since one of them seems willing to fund my research. Thatís something I would never have thought would happen again. However they do seem desperate seen as they didnít ask anything about what I do, just that they will fund me.
They were all quick to talk to people insuring them of treasures and snapping their hands as soon as they agreed, yet no one seemed to inform us of a plan. Both Mouse and Karl refused Heartless. They filled me in as soon I had stopped talking to the man in the fancy suit. I believe he was Keeler.
Mouse gave me and Karl a proposal but I donít wish to talk about it here in case someone finds this book. There are many secrets that cannot be told on these pages. You donít know who is lurking in the shadows.

Let's hope for a brighter tomorrow,

-Magnus.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 11:24:45 PM by PaperWitch99 »
"The tasks you must undertake as the Arbiter are perilous, suicidal, you will die as each Arbiter has before you. The council will have their corpse."

PaperWitch99

• Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 05:35:43 PM »
Monday 24th of August 2105

I have been far too busy over the weekend to write in here. On top of looking after the people of my area I have been trying to find out more information of the gangs I Ďhappilyí met on Friday. There wasnít much more I could find but I discovered that Heartlessí gang may supply opium to the city. This might be useful in the future.

When I returned to Karlís apartment last night he handed me a mysterious card that told us to be at Cohenís Haberdashery by noon. I will head there but I wonít make haste. Karl is glossy eyed to the whole show. He has never thought into things for too long.

There are a few blobs of ink after the word long.

I cannot keep up with this little of sleep. The night terrors seem to be getting worse. It feels like something is coming. I need to find something else that keeps me awake. If not to keep me up in the day then to save me from the horrors of the night. It has been the same for a while. My mind continues to torture me with the death of my father; of how I couldnít save him. The light fading and screams filling my ears. Then I see the city destroyed with blood so dark running through the streets. The creatures everywhere taunting me until one catches me from behind. I open my eyes to escape the hellish world but only find one of the monsters screaming at me. I lie there unable to move unable to speak until it suddenly vanishes from my vision. My body lurches. Iím now use to this sensation that I can catch myself before I fall from my place of rest.

It reminds me and urges me to keep working to keep experimenting.

How dare this distract me from my work! There has been no progress for months and now this comes along! I never got to study the leg I amputated. It will be too far gone to give me its secrets. What discoveries have I passed whilst I have been acting revolutionist. How can any of these low life's even comprehend the importance of what I am doing.

There are some scribbles on this line but no actual words.

The mornings are long for me, too long to be in my own mind. I promised to help people no matter what and I am here thinking about my worthless work. No, I need to keep my head in the right place and help people where I can. This revolution does make sense. For far too long I have seen the poor fade away and slip through my fingers when the rich laugh and live on. I hate to think I came from anywhere near them. I feel ashamed when I see these people barely surviving. Something needs to happen, something big to help save this city. We canít carry on festering within these walls as we are. We are a bomb waiting to explode.

More blobs of ink follow the last paragraph.

I was woken by Karl with the news paper. He knows I like to read it. I decided I would spend the morning reading it with a cup of tea. I needed the drink to calm down after the night of dread. If I wasnít a person of science then I would have claimed something supernatural was happening to me. The government seems to want to bring back public execution. Hanging unless I misread. Animate outbreaks would definitely occur. There is no doubt about it. It is far too risky to pass this and they should know it. They claim it is to deter criminal activity but I believe this will cause more of it. If one of the bodies is left too long or transported incorrectly then it will be the end of London. This revolution is sounding better by the day.

Let's hope for a brighter tomorrow,

-Magnus.

P.S I needed to write this down quickly. The meeting with Cohen went well. He provided tea and sandwiches nothing I would have expected from a gang. He then went into the reason he brought a few of us together. He has had word of an abandoned laboratory. He said something bad happened there, something about gas and that it has been locked with no one going in or out for a week. This of course sparked my interest.

Iím currently stood outside. I came with a small girl, the man who punched the horse during the riot and Karl. The building doesnít look good. All the windows have been boarded up and what seems to be a food delivery is sat outside. Cohen was right in that they seem to be trying to stop people from knowing what time it is in there. Something doesnít sit right with me about this place. But something else wants me to explore it. Discover its secrets.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 11:25:03 PM by PaperWitch99 »
"The tasks you must undertake as the Arbiter are perilous, suicidal, you will die as each Arbiter has before you. The council will have their corpse."

PaperWitch99

• Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 08:56:32 PM »
Monday 24th of August 2105

Their eyes still burrow into me. Whatever they were, no humanity was left in them. This gas makes men into monsters, itís almost as if they were making them into some strange form of animates. When I opened one up with Peter its organs were all blackened and withering away, all dying except the brain. The brain was still Ďwellí even if they did act like animals. That's from what little of the brain I saw. Mouse shot all of them squarely in the head with his shotgun. I asked him to not shoot the head next time. He didnít react kindly to this.

The records the doctors and orderlies kept are definitely worrying. The control subject, C, died first due to exhaustion. They wouldnít allow him to sleep and from the notes it appeared that the other subjects did not need any. They talk of how they screamed and screamed for days. I wouldnít be surprised if the first creature we ran into first, never stopped screaming with how his lower jaw hung from his head.

The others were no more pleasant. One was covered in grotesque wounds, from the records they were self inflicted, and blood red eyes. This one caught my attention over the others. It seemed to be the only one to harm itself. I will have to get my hands on the others to see if there is anything different about it. Cohen should have them soon.

October was the unfortunate one with the creature biting down into her as if she was a snack. If me or Mouse hadnít been there today I feel she wouldnít be here now. Richard was eager to help me at this point. Seems he has grown an attachment to her.  I have no idea if she will make the week, I must keep an eye on her.
Cohen was distressed when he saw the state of her. He was distressed over the whole situation. It seems he didnít like the gruesome nature of this laboratory. He looked pale when we mentioned one of the Doctors took his own life with a pen.

I felt so useless in the laboratory. Mouse took charge with him and Karl leading us most of the way through the nightmare. Peter, Mole and Richard all seemed well prepared for the situation. Knowing what to look for, what to do, how to act when attacked. Mouse seemed natural in the role of leader. It suited him.

I doubt I will get much sleep tonight. Not with the faces of these things haunting me. With the rush of the autopsy I did not feel the dread of today until I was somewhere quiet. I believe one escape into London now every corner I take I see it. Naked like the rest staring into my soul. Its pale and damaged skin almost glowing under the gas lights. Until I blink and then I see the empty space.

A drink may be in order tonight.

-Magnus
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 04:10:37 PM by PaperWitch99 »

PaperWitch99

• Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 09:50:54 PM »
Wednesday 26th of August

Nothing much has happened over the last few days. This team of misfits I have found myself in canít seem to even agree on whether is is sunny outside or not. I tried suggesting ideas to best get in this house but Richard seemed to find new ways to belittle me and cause me to believe I am an idiot. My temper did get the better of my and my less mannered side slipped out. I canít seem to remember much from that point on wards, just a hatred for the rest of the night.

Mouse seemed a little more grumpy than usual, maybe it was his argument with Mr. Mole earlier that day that had put him in that sour mood. I remember Mouse said something about knowing Mole but it seems to go back further. It might have been my own nerves being on edge from that terrible lab, but if someone hadnít changed the conversation then I fear blood might have been spilt.

Today was interesting however. I went shopping for some new clothes, I thought they might come in handy if I need to go around Saint Cornelius without being recognised. It was strange shopping like my old self again. Towards the end I could hear my mothers hateful comments in my ear again. I decided I needed a little distraction. I might visit again.

Cohen tested the rabbits with the gas. There is some left which I decided to take seen as Cohen wanted nothing more to do with it. Peter agreed to help me try to figure out what it is made from. This way we can potentially learn more. Cohen gave me the reports from the experiment. They seemed to follow the same sort of behaviours as the men but on a much more accelerated rate. One dose seemed to be enough to kill them, or Cohen could have given then a too large a dose. The rabbits either died by the other rabbits attacking them or by self harm. Two characteristics which were present in the experiments on the men. The slight difference could have been due to one being a man and the other an animal. Other animals might have a different response.

Meyer presented the platter of rabbits to me. The same glisten of rich blood on the blackened organs as the monsters. I would have marvelled at such specimens but the barbarian who conducted the autopsy must have used an axe with the jagged edges and scratches on the entire thing! They do not hold the same delicate hand as me. The revealing of such sacred structures should not have been done as if the body was to be butchered for a pie. I should have taken the bodies from Meyer to tell them that all would have been okay and I would have fixed them.

Richard and Peter went over to the house we have been trying to make plans about. Richard described the house in little detail. Just enough to give us a mental image. Apparently the family is trying to Ďprove they are related to old bloodí as Richard put it. We suggested they might be having difficulty with money. Nothing too surprising if this is the family that funded those gruesome experiments.

Letís hope for a brighter tomorrow,

-Magnus.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 11:25:31 PM by PaperWitch99 »

PaperWitch99

• Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 04:49:26 PM »
Thursday 27th of August

Today was a wonderful day.

I spent the morning cleaning round my home and makeshift practice. A few patients I usually see came in nothing too unusual. Mr Daly came complaining about his leg again even when I have told him countless times there is nothing much more I can do. I told him I would give him a new document next week to try and give him a larger dose. Iím not sure how much longer these faked papers will get them the drugs he needs.

I spoke with Cohen again trying to find out any new names or any high priority buildings that we could also look into but he seemed to give us the only piece of information he had acquired. He was quite glad I came to see him. Maybe hopeful that people are finally taking interest in this revolution. Not many people show their interest in it as much as Cohen. I should be talking to some of him contacts soon but time must be taken to build a relationship as Cohen suggested.

The evening came as a surprise really. I was with Karl at the time when Mouse came over and invited us to a fight. He said he was inviting Sally. After last night I was reluctant to meet up with her; she is a lot smarter than she looks. I agreed in the end and joined them all. I was glad I did! It was an excellent night and helped me distract my thoughts and just let me be Magnus. I didnít bet on any of the fighters but watching them was still far too fun. Sally even got involved on the last fight and knocked the huge hulk of a man out in one punch! There was nothing like this round where I lived when I was a child.

-Magnus.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 11:26:13 PM by PaperWitch99 »

PaperWitch99

• Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2018, 05:00:08 PM »
Friday 28th of August 2105

The more and more I look into this the more I sense something ary. I canít shake this feeling that David Harcroft is more than a servant for the Smedlingtons. From observing the smedlingtons at the docks, they donít seem to be the sort to conduct these kinds of experiments. However in my case anything is possible. Their social standing was poor indeed, only speaking to others if they had to. Even the man who was supposed to be under them was speaking down to them. Richard did say they were in desperate times, trying to convince people of the inheritance they were entitled to.

We need to try to uncover more about David Harcroft. It might lead to more answers instead of more questions for a nice change.

Our little group of revolutionaries made it back to the George Inn. Both Mouse and Richard donít seem their usual selves. Richard seemed lost in his own mind tonight, not like I have seen him in the past week where he seems to be watching our every move. I believed more happened tonight than they are both letting on. Maybe they will open up as time goes on.

Magnus.

PaperWitch99

• Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 08:00:14 PM »
Saturday 29th of August 2105

I woke up to a knocking on my door. My first thought was of this revolution. Maybe they had linked us all to this fire that happened last night and this was them ready to take me away. I had escaped the police once before but I doubt I would be able to do it again. One change of clothes is enough for one lifetime.

However it was a patient that needed Ďurgentí attention. The wound did look slightly inflamed when I saw it but they didnít need to bang on my door. Now that I have started looking like my old self it is not so easy to meet people at a moments notice.

Only a week ago I was glad to be in my Ďpracticeí helping the local populace but now I am glad to get away. I seem to tire of their sniffles and coughs. I must admit it was a nice distraction whilst it lasted but my attention is drawn elsewhere.

I soon shut my home for the day and headed to the George Inn and what an amazing surprise awaited me. All the gangs and many more people had gathered for a market. It was filled with many nick nacks but the one thing that caught my eyes was the sweet stall by of the one other gangs. Their name escapes me. They instantly reminded me of something when I was a child. For one minute my father wasnít dead and he was beside me picking out some of these delicious sweets. I have saved the rest for a later time. I havenít eaten something so sweet for a while. My body is not used to it.

Meeting up with Karl and Richard, which was an odd sight to be sure, I sat and had a drink. What else would I do in the George Inn. Now I think about it, this WAKE is on my mind, more than it should be. My thoughts cannot seem to come to a definite conclusion. It is described as an antidepressant but I have a feeling there is more about this.

It was only as my mind slipped out of these thought a child ran up to me. The message was from Mouse. He believes we are being followed. Richard did talk about not feeling safe maybe who ever is following us was there last night.  Mouse was being extra careful and sent a child to fetch Nutty. The only reason I saw her was because she has come to me before.

He took us to a room that he had arranged with Nutty. Things do not look bright for our little group.

Mouse confronted Richard on the murders last night. I had read about them in the paper this morning. They were both distressed. Frustration radiated from Richard as he defended himself. Nothing indicated to me he was lying but as I discussed with Mouse we need to keep an eye on him.

Nothing much has happened today I am just sat with Karl in my home. We might head back to Mouses place but I canít see Karl lasting much longer in this environment. He seems to have opened up to me a lot more tonight than in the six years I have known him.

The page is suddenly torn in half just underneath the writing, showing the pages underneath. Several other pages have been torn out but there are impressions on the blank page reading, ĎWhat have I doneí.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 02:56:52 PM by PaperWitch99 »

PaperWitch99

• Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 07:39:41 PM »
Saturday 29th of August 2105

I donít know what to think. I donít know why I did that. My thoughts seem everywhere. Even now as I see Karl sleeping on my floor I still canít get that feeling away from me. I betrayed his trust. How could I do that.

I have not cried in 7 years. Tonight was the end of that. Once Karl was unconscious and I had dealt with his head I couldnít help but just cry. Mouse, with his temper as usual, told me to stop. I tried, I honestly tried, but the tears just kept coming.

This respirator, this mask, started choking me. I have worn it for 7 years. Not once has it done that to me. Not once have I felt uncomfortable or embarrassed to wear it. It had to come off. I canít even look at it now. Mouse didnít even flinch. Heís smart. He knows Iím lying. He knew who I was.

Something has happened tonight. Something more than Karl ingesting the Wake. My mind is restless trying to think of the solution.

How could I do that to Karl. I canít even remember what I was thinking at the time. Why did I even keep that bottle. I knew it was trouble yet I still went through with it. Karl will know something has happened. Heís an idiot sure but he isnít a complete fool. He has helped me through so much, saved me from my darkest point, yet I nearly killed him. This is something I can never undo or be forgiven for. If there is a god I know I will be condemned to hell. I thought that helping the people around here would help me be forgiven. Forgiven for my terrible past. I believed that I was forgiven. I had good friends. I was in a good cause. Yet I showed tonight that I never changed. If by some miracle I was forgiven I have undone that. I accept that Mouse, even Karl, will never truly trust me anymore but I must try to repay their kindness. It seems someone else has saved me from my own mess.

History has repeated itself today. Something I prayed would never happen again. Yet I fell into the same black pit I did many years ago. My father would not be happy. He would always tell me to learn from my mistakes. It seems I never learned. There are too many similarities. Too many to feel comfortable with. It was as if my memory came to life, I relived so many tormenting moments today. Karls cold and dead look, the same as my fathers. Even an Ex fucking Deathwatch came to rescue me. A gods sick joke. Or a ghosts. My mother forcing me to relive these events again and again, forever tormented, forever alone. Will I ever be able to trust myself around people? Friends? Loved ones? If not, then my motherís wishes will come true. Solitude would keep the people around me safe, safe from these desires, but how can I still be a Doctor.

Yet after tonight I feel different. The hunger, the lust for experimenting seems to have subsided. Reading my last entries I was showing signs of obsession with this drug. Even the Z-Gas I seemed obsessed over. Maybe Karl and Mouse have helped me break my cycle once and for all. Both of them have broken wings. Broken souls. Broken minds. But they carry on. I hope to heal them if I can.

Karl just stirred in his sleep. My heart jumped into my mouth. At first I thought it was my fear if him in his drugged state but the more i think of it, itís the fear of not knowing what to say to him.

I lied to Mouse. It was the only thing I could do. The lie will not hold. I fear it will break as soon at Karl wakes up. With luck it will hold long enough for me to be prepared for the consequences of my actions. I pray that itís long enough.

I never believed in a god when I was younger. How could I. The world is a hellish land. How could a god do that to the people he created. I hated the idea. Yet now I find myself thinking more and more of such a being. Of their creatures. Of their servants.

I would usually sign off this with what my father use to say- ĎLetís hope to a brighter tomorrowí but I donít know if I can carry on saying this. 7 years he has not been here. 7 years I have never known what to do. 7 years his memory stayed clear in my mind but I tried to forget what I did to him. 7 years he has haunted me. I cannot convince myself that it was ever a good deed. It was a cry from a sad girl. Well now I am a woman and I need to act like it. I need to move on from my past. I can never run from it and it will catch me soon. When it does I will accept it. I can never be forgiven. Never. The mask has come off. Maybe it is time it stayed off. I have grown tired of hiding.

My actions have been mixed and impulsive. The girl I once was didnít know what they wanted. They didnít know how to act. I need to start making decisions for myself. However this revolution comes first. Even if we are getting distracted by the smedlingtons. I just hope that if there are any other groups Cohen has set up they are doing better than us.

In my new view on life I must admit Richardís words seem to be speaking some truth. This revolution will not go without deaths. I knew this but was reluctant to start getting my hands dirty. Maybe my skills being a doctor will help in other means. I can never take a life without reason. Yet I nearly did.

No what am I thinking?

My sleep is restless. The clock is skipping minutes. The only way I know I am sleeping. I hope someday Karl will forgive me, no not forgive me, hopefully he will let me go quietly. Iíd hate to leave with bitter words.

The world is a dark and unforgiving place. We will all be consumed soon. I pray that we can light the fire for London to be brought back from where it has gotten.

I think that is enough worrying for tonight. The candle light is fading.

Light the spark for new life.

Annabelle.

PaperWitch99

• Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 03:41:20 PM »
Sunday 30th of August 2105

Whilst I sit here and eat what looks to be like meat I thought I would write again. Mouse sent one of his children to fetch us these mystery meat and egg sandwiches. Peter finally found his way to my place. He gave me a strange look when I opened the door but I realised I didnít have my respirator on. Iíd rather he knew. I felt bad lying to him. He is a good man with great intentions.

When Karl finally woke up, he tried to sit up. I was instantly over and pushed him back down. He was confused only for a few moments when his eyes flew open and he begged for Ava. He has never talked about Ava so much. I get more and more worried for him.

My lie is nearly breaking. Mouse asked Karl why he took the wake. Karl responded about not knowing anything about it. I had to think of something quick so I just said he had memory problems.

Iím now sat rather awkwardly with Karl, Mouse and Peter. Peter asked what happened to Karl. So again I said my lies. It hurts that I have to keep these lies. They would not trust me if they knew. They would not speak to me.

We have all agreed we need to meet at Cohen's for further action as both Richard and October havenít turned up. I did think about Mole but Mouse reassured us he knew where he was. Richard didnít turn up last night either when Mouse sent one of his children after him. Iím worried. He hasnít turned up to meetings in the past but I swear I heard him go off with October to search for this house that the Smeddlingtonís have discussed in their letters. Maybe they will meet us at Cohenís. Urgent business needs urgent action.

This almost sleepless night might be taking its toll. I feel like I am drifting into sleep but I am still awake. It feels like I am observing my life through a window but I can't control when I am doing. I found myself over near the Z-Gas after Peter and Mouse left to do their tasks. I must dispose of it soon. I hope the answers come soon for this mystery.

Light the spark for a new life.

Annabelle.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 06:44:23 PM by PaperWitch99 »

PaperWitch99

• Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2019, 04:36:04 PM »
Sunday 30th August 2105

I managed to get some information on this house with Peter. Looks like it has some religious history. After my recent mind set I would call it a sign. Maybe it is. Peter told me that they went to Richardís place and found his diary. He said it was disturbing. However I did not imagine to it be anything like it this. The man was definitely disturbed. He would have been an interesting patient of psychology. I hope he is dead, this group will fare better without him.

I made my way back to Cohenís place only to find mouse speaking to two women. Even if one of them did look worse for wear you can tell they are sisters. Turns out I have heard of one of them. She was in the papers a while back, something about poisoning the aristocrats I guess as long as they are loyal to the revolution Cohen doesnít have a problem with them. Cohen did seem angry today however. He slammed Richards diary on the table before he spoke to us. He wasnít happy.

The two sisters are, different. I must say I like Rose, she is very interested in her work and she agreed to teach me more about alchemy. It is wonderful to find someone as smart as myself. There is Peter, but he is always too high to strike a decent conversation with. Maybe when he has healed he may be better to talk to. Violet seems to enjoy teasing me. Reminds me of those spiteful girls from when I was a child. I will try to avoid her attention for now but we may end up clashing when Rose lets me use her lab.

Oh the lab was wonderful! From what memories I have of the university, they never had anything like this. I could tell Rose was proud of it. She wonít let me use it without her supervision which is understandable. I hate people being in my Ďpracticeí around all my equipment. I must ask rose as to where she got everything from. They might have something worth while for a doctors practice as mine is looking rather used. Maybe I should spend some time fixing it up. Hopefully the revolution pays soon so I can put some money aside.

-Annabelle.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 06:45:21 PM by PaperWitch99 »

PaperWitch99

• Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2019, 06:43:26 PM »
Monday 31st August 2105

Idiot! How can one man be such an imbecile. He first stumbled into the men from one of the other gangs, almost causing them to fight him, something called hard words if I remember correctly, then he shot the same one straight through the head when they had injured Deep. All these gangs have doctors yet I was the first one there. My mind is still fuzzy but the doctor from the same gang- I think they are gakga? Gatka. I heard that name passed about after the whole event had finished. But the doctor from that gang came over to deep. Maybe realised his own member was dead even before he hit the floor. Doubt they are people to bring people back from the dead. If Mouse wasnít a good marksman then I couldnít have seen him come out of this. The worst he came out with was a broken foot. Iím glad it wasnít worse. There was only so much I could do last night. I will check it when we meet later today.

Deep however might not be able to walk for sometime and thatís if he can at all. The man from Gatka cut deeply into his leg severing the femoral artery and much of the muscle that surrounded it. The stitch did its work and gave me more time to sew up the wound. I will pay a visit next time I find myself in the George Inn. Offer my services if need be. Once his leg has healed he will need rehabilitation and from his size he will need more than one doctor to do that. Titch might help in this process. They are close after all.

After the excitement, only then was I able smell the stench that was coming off of me. It took me a while to wash the blood from my skin and clothes. Most of it wash on my hands and apron, easy to wash, however my coat will need more attention, I can still smell the rust of the blood on it. I must have looked like one of those crazed doctors I hear of sometimes. Deeps heart is very strong even with the amount of blood he lost when he was first cut. I was covered from head to toe nearly whilst trying to close the cut. He had definitely trained hard to get where he is.

Cohen might not want anything to do with our little team for much longer. He nearly got blamed for Mouseís idiotic actions as some of the gangs believe us to be part of his. They seem to be either trying to call us a gang or trying to associate us with another. If I had not given the weapon to Nutty I fear they would have turned on Cohen. Even if I do hate being round these gangs they do keep money in my pocket. Enough for me to fund my practice for those who cannot pay in full.

Due to this revolution my practice does seem to be suffering. Some of my patients have spoken to me in the street about my practice not opening as often as it use too. I assured them I was working on amending this but it may require me becoming two people. I might have to withdraw some of my time from the revolution, only aid when it is necessary. I fear the more time it goes on, the more time I will need to dedicate with the amount of injured that will come. And that is if the gangs donít tear themselves apart. Titch said something about there being a Ďfine balanceí if I remember correctly. That was when he accused us of being a new gang. The thought makes me ill. However I believe Mole made the case that we did look like one seen as we have the various characters that would be in a Ďdození as they say. If it wasnít already, our little groups presence is now knows in St. Cornelius.

We are meeting up at Mouseís place again today. This may be the best place for us to be with recent events. Keep our heads low and somewhere we can safely talk about our plans about this house. I hope Rose and Violet will be able to bring something to the table that Richard and October couldnít.

The news of October is the worst that this revolution has delivered so far. At first she was missing but now we fear the worst. Mouse talked to the gang she was with, again their name escapes me, and she was last spotted going off with Richard. After learning of his colourful history through his journal we fear he might have done something. Their absence almost confirms it. The poor child was so young. I should have taken her in to prevent this death, or at least kept a better eye on the situation. I feer who is next in our shrinking group. Karl? Mouse? Peter? Mole? Me?

Rose and Violet have yet to be fully accepted by the group. Mouse doesnít seem to trust them. Maybe the bonds of friendship have forged faster than we thought was possible. And with the secrets and betrayal of Richard the trust of our group will be hard earned for Rose and Violet. As much I enjoy the presence of Rose I find myself questioning their actions and motives. The ghost of Richard may be haunting in this mistrust.

The days are dark and treacherous ahead.

Light the spark for a new life,

-Annabelle.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 06:45:41 PM by PaperWitch99 »

PaperWitch99

• Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2019, 08:45:04 PM »
Tuesday 8th September 2105

Finally back with my Journal where I found myself in the hospital. I only woke up Sunday. I have been here about a week one of the nurses said and should be out in a few hours after I finally convince them to discharge me. Turns out someone tried to murder me by shooting me through the head. They would have succeeded but I was saved by a deathwatch soldier. Sadly he was shot down by the same man who shot me. ĎSadlyí. I call it bad aim. If only they knew what really happened. I know I want to know the full story from Peter. Nothing much was mentioned about him from the nurses.

I can't wait to get out of this place. I never knew that it was so boring being bed bound. At least I have Annabelle to talk to. She has not shut up about the death of Mouse and Karl. Her deranged laughter echoes through my head from time to time. I'm not going to lie that we have been talking. Discussing recent events and the hole in the back of our head. When they don't pump me full of drugs I can finally think but the pain is always to much. My body is exhausted from everything that happened. But I must carry on. I'm close to understanding the Smeddlintons.

When I was sure I was going to die I wrote Peter a message. I don't know how much he will believe or if he will share the information with anyone. In what I thought were my last moments I wrote down everything I knew, including my theory of me being possessed by something. With everything that has happened and everything that is about to take place we need to work together more than ever. I don't know what changed his mind. Something or someone must have. Maybe Mouse's words got through to him. Either way, my fate is still sealed. I will die by the hands of this group but it has been stalled for now. I should have died. I shouldn't be writing right now. I should be a pile of ashes. But someone decided I was better off alive. For now. Maybe in that time I can redeem myself. Move on. Or maybe secure my future and my life. Annabelle does make a good point.

Can this world not leave me alone? I returned home to find a pile of papers at my door. I found the one for today and found an article talking about me. I doubt there was another naked woman, that was Ďscreaming and snarling like a possessed beastí walking around the same time I had my little episode. Five deaths. I had hope two of them had survived when I left them. This new Ripper might give me the cover to sort out this mess and maybe slip away. Hopefully Cohen and Meyer don't link me to it. Or at least never mention it. I feel embarrassed as it is, how could I let such a thing in.

I canít believe Mouse and Karl died. I was probably closest to them out of the entire group. With the tensions rising I believe everyone knew that someone was soon to die but I thought that was me and only me. Mouse did step on a rather raw nerve but it does not make Rose's and Violet's actions correct. Something needs to be done about our little group. We canít be pointing guns at each other, every time we disagree or make an insult. If I do decide to carry on I will have to bring it up.

I make it sound like I have a choice whether to carrying on or not. From the sounds of it Peter shot Karl and saved me in the process. He wanted me dead, so that only means that he believes I am useful to him and the revolution. I doubt he will let me leave. I guess I am giving my life to this revolution one way or another. That means I will have to find somewhere else for my patients. It wonít be much help if a soon to be dead doctor is treating them. At least I am hostage to a good cause.

-Magnus

PaperWitch99

• Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2019, 09:57:45 PM »
Tuesday 15th of September 2105

I have been very busy over the last week. Moving my practice is more time consuming than I thought, and with these injuries that are beginning to heal my movement has been slow and restricted. I believed it was best to move; my old place reminded me too much of Karl. Too many memories that hurt. I have moved most things over now so I will be spending most of my time here. It is not long before I close my old place. This new flat is not much different to my last home, however there is more room and the kitchen is now separated off. I am turning the living room into the practices much like my old home. Maybe I should invest in a better bed.

So to reward myself for my hard work, I decided to go to the George Inn. Looking back I could have chosen anywhere else to go. Even Annabelle agreed, but that might be to get near the Wake again. I sat down with my book and tea just about to start a new chapter. Thatís when Rose walked in. I tried to ignore her as long as I could be she came and sat with me. I struggled to keep Annabelle at bay but managed a conversation before she did take over. She was rather keen to talk to her. I think I managed to stop her before she asked what she really wanted. Luckily Rose understood and didnít get her sister to shoot me in the spine. However from what Annabelle told me, she did flinch and possibly reached for her gun when she realised she was talking to her. She is perhaps more afraid of me than I previously thought. Yet she trusts me enough to accept a drink. She did start slurring her words. I wonder is that what I look like when I drink too much? Note to self: Donít drink so much. Itís not a good look for an intellectual.

I managed to hear her side of the story when she was known as the Witch of East End. She was the victim not the people her drugs killed. I hope one day she gets away from her past, but it is good for her to tell us as it shows she trusts us. Hopefully this is her moving on so she can get her revenge.

She wouldnít like to hear what you and I got up to.

Alas Annabelle fails to realise we have separate journals to write in. Again.

I do hope to become good friends with Rose one day. After all that has happened, I do enjoy her company. Today, after our rather awkward start to the conversation, we did laugh and start to discuss theories. It has been a long time since I was in the company of a fellow academic, even if she hasnít been to university. I would deem her as the smartest in the group but she does make some silly errors which keeps her from the title. She will learn over time.

It seems Cohen doesnít hate us either, well not as much as I thought from our last discussion. Whilst chatting, me and Rose received a card from Cohen inviting us to a meeting that night. Luckily I had no plans. Other than cleaning my new home ready for patients, setting up contact lines for new and old patients, gathering some possessions from my old place and treating my scars. Nothing at all.

We have two new members. From first impressions I thought he had given us another child and what looked to be a giant. However, looking back I donít think he was as tall as Karl. Sometimes I believe I may have been tricked to join a circus and not a revolution. When I saw them I thought Mouse would have a field day asking them questions like he did with Rose and Violet. Maybe thatís what got us into this situation. I do miss both him and Karl. I keep wondering what they would say to the groups current situation. Probably shoot something. At least thatís what Karl always said. He said it as a joke at the start but by the end I think he started believing it. The large fellow was called Fog and had a thick German accent. Great. I wonder if he is a spy as he started asking what profession I was in and gave me a strange look when I told him I was a doctor. I must keep an eye on him. If he betrays us all I have to do is say yes and then my total will go up to six.
The one I thought was a child was very well spoken. Surprised me at first. She was very quiet and gentle. I canít see that lasting. I didnít catch her name. Miss Tut? Miss Turtley? I will learn her name when she survives Hudson house. It might be worth my time then.

Plans have been drawn up, two weeks later than they should have but we should be acting on them soon. Peter is doing well with the absence of Mouse. I hope he can keep it up, as I am no leader and I canít see people following Rose and Violet. I believe he wanted to talk to me but didnít get the chance. I gave him my new address so he might turn up at some point.

Spark the light for a new life.

-Magnus