Author Topic: Fireside chat  (Read 1026 times)

Will_you_please

• View Profile
Re: Fireside chat
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2019, 10:31:52 PM »
Turning to Korik
"That wasn't the proper way to react when someone announces your formal title. Something has changed with the rangers or could their mission have made them forget their greetings?"

Brewster24

• View Profile
Fireside chat
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2019, 10:34:06 PM »
Gob - The templars in Karvosti were being weird and ignoring the priests. Maybe a similar things happening with the rangers, shits kicking off and groups are changing

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

Will_you_please

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2019, 10:56:38 PM »
Muttering to himself
Will - "Too much has changed since my time. Makes me wonder how many rangers there are out there who still remember the terror days...and the joy day before the terror..."

TheaFH

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2019, 11:03:40 PM »
Freyr

She’s been listening to what’s been said, but still remains a bit confused about what just happened. “I still find it weird that they didn’t trust you more, especially with your background, Will,” she says, and shrugs, before turning to Gob. “And I agree, that mage was nasty business. Magic in general... can be very unpleasant.”

Belzera

• I can make this Pencil Dissappear
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2019, 11:08:14 PM »
Korik laughs at Freyrs' words

"Oh they reacted perfectly reasonably to someone popping out of the forest shouting while you are in a tense stand off with a potentially dangerous target, they showed the respect deserved of an ambusher appearing"

He shakes his head slightly before speaking

"Regardless of what they say. Now, you expect too much of them Will, you are a former ranger, not an active on, not one of their own"

The Dan

• Out Of The Shadows
  • Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2019, 11:09:38 PM »
Crack-Bones takes a long, thoughtful drag on his pipe while Korik speaks.

Crack-Bones

My heart is heavy for you, Will. If it means anything, I hoped it might be some ruse, that they were not as they appeared, but oh well.

Well, we are in the game now and no mistake. Your own people trying to kill you, just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. That means this is all real, worth killing for - or at least they think it is. That is something worth knowing. One hound off our trail, also. A hard fight but not without cause, or without worth.

It is a shame though, them being Queen's Rangers and all. You hear such fine tales of them, saving people, slaying bandits, monstrous beasts and abominations... Pity. Maybe they were good men, doing their duty to the end? I don't know, but I respect that.    I have spoken of this before, but the world is not a children's tale; good men join both sides of quarrels. I have killed good men and bad, in my time. Mostly they were just men. Mostly it seemed like a good reason at the time. Mostly it was because someone told me so too. Hmmph.

But I do not think the battle is what offends our priest. If we must, then speak now. Do not let it fester - but afterwards, never again. No songs, no jokes, nothing in a book. No one can ever learn what happened today, or we will be outlaws with a price on our heads.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 11:18:58 PM by The Dan »
Dan: A title of honor for respected men, equivalent to Master or Sir. Any of 12 levels of proficiency at the grade of black belt in martial arts such as judo and karate. An expert or expert level in shogi and other such games. He that judges.

Will_you_please

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2019, 11:22:01 PM »
"I am used to killing men with ranger cloaks...just never live ones. This is a passing feeling, one that I felt on my first battlefield. Like the previous one, this one too will fade."

"I have my own reason for this journey and I intend to uphold it. It was unfortunate that the Captain had to perish with her dream but I hope it'll enlighten her to know that our missions are the same."

Looking at Korik and the rest of the group
"I wish to have that rangers bow and if anyone has anything against that then I would like to hear it."

TheaFH

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2019, 11:55:48 PM »
Freyr

She nods along to Crack-bones’ words before letting out a deep sigh and leaning back where she’s sitting on the ground. At least she knows well enough to keep her mouth shut in the future about what happened here, after all, you can’t carry on with fraud and framing behind bars. She looks up at Will when he speaks, and smiles encouragingly. “I think you’ve made yourself deserving of that bow. It’s better that it’s handled by someone that knows what he’s doing.” This is said with a pointed look towards Gob.