Author Topic: Fireside chat  (Read 1204 times)

The Dan

• Out Of The Shadows
  • Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
Re: Fireside chat
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2018, 06:41:37 PM »
He smiles.

Crack-Bones

I have no special talent. We are not foolish creatures. < glances at Gob > But most folk do not talk... philosophy with my kind: Set out to train a hound and you get only a hound, eh? But Father liked to talk. Liked his own voice and to argue. And to give me books.

< taps his bicep, then his head >

This is muscle. And this is a muscle too. If you want to survive, you have to use all the muscles.

Dan: A title of honor for respected men, equivalent to Master or Sir. Any of 12 levels of proficiency at the grade of black belt in martial arts such as judo and karate. An expert or expert level in shogi and other such games. He that judges.

• Nationals Costumes
  • Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2018, 09:18:48 PM »
Ulavan

Most certainly true i'm sure... in my case though I feel I should play to my strengths

<Prods his own slight paunch with a self depreciating sort of smile> ...my muscle is certainly lacking in some areas...

<Moves to rest his hand over his heart and smiles again> ...i hope I can make up the shortfall with conviction and compassion.

<Brows wrinkle for a moment>

But again please forgive me if I seem to pry ser Ogre ... you mentioned your Father... yet from what I've read I was under the impression Ogres somehow sprung full formed from the vast Davokar and their lineage was therefore somewhat obfuscated?

The Dan

• Out Of The Shadows
  • Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2018, 11:01:30 PM »
Crack-Bones turns a tiny, hand-made chess piece over in his hands, part of a set he's whittling.

This is Father. It is a long story.... He was one of you. Ambrian, I mean. Young when I first knew him. Old by the end. When he took a shovel from my hand and gave me a sword again. He was a proper bastard. Good with that long knife you people use. Very good. Taught me, the hard way. Heh heh.

Taught me other things too. Reading. Talking. He loved the sound of his own voice, being oh-so wise. But also to have a good argument, a... debate. All the time. He said he was a teacher, in the old country. But now we were big-named adventurers. He was a man who knew people, and who people came to for help. For a strong arm to settle a debt, or a vendetta. Men like Taran would come to us for information. We lived in Blackmoor. He kept order over many tents - no trouble from the likes of Korrick, or Gob. Not in our tents. All good until the Blood Robes and the damn Keep came along.

He holds up the tarnished symbol of Prios.

Good man. He give me this. Shame he is dead.

*Shrugs*

Where you come from? Where did you learn your things?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 11:11:11 PM by The Dan »
Dan: A title of honor for respected men, equivalent to Master or Sir. Any of 12 levels of proficiency at the grade of black belt in martial arts such as judo and karate. An expert or expert level in shogi and other such games. He that judges.

Belzera

• I can make this Pencil Dissappear
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2018, 12:06:14 AM »
Corrik sighs at the mention of his name, holding up two fingers in an offensive gesture while he allows Crack-bones to finish his story.

"So Adoptive father, adoptive home, simple story."

He then mutters looking over to the Priest before taking another sip from his drink, thinking for a moment as he listens to their stories.

The Dan

• Out Of The Shadows
  • Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2018, 04:37:43 PM »
Crack-Bones

(smiles at Korrick)

Ha. You are trouble in the Heap. But I am Scold, so no problem. Other people, big dwarf hammer problem - hehe. But they do not come to Crack-Bones for help, so... no problem between us.

Yes, all stories simple. Get more simple over time. Only complicated when you are in them, I think.

Like maybe story of a dwarf in Thistle Hold, without other dwarves?

Belzera

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2018, 10:02:50 PM »
Corrik as they group is walking back towards town with the party sans the priest who was left in town is humming tunes and singing, or half singing as he walks, starting confidently he sings starting slow and picking up pace with the final line

"It's that time of year once more and again
When the green turns golden brown
And the summer sun shall fade to winter sky
Old Temp-lar, it's a-time for you to die
"

Repeating it a few times seemingly ignoring others words, smiling seemingly happy before he moves on trying a few different lines, pausing as thoughts pop to mind

"With King and no wait...."

He pauses and thinks before trying again a few moments later

"With Kin and All are born to fall ah better, better, after all triplets!"

He nods and moves on happy again

"And all must die as sacrifice, Underneath the Autumn sky no... no... not that how about... Underneath the Starry Sky no no... it was in daylight.... hrm Underneath the Seasons Sky better, better, hrm maybe not sky, sun? Underneath the Seasons Sun yeah, like that now next..."

He falls just humming a tune as he thinks taking about 5 minutes before he continues to ing on and off again, repeating the first parts over and over, eventually continuing on

"Hide your pride, let I decide, Who must live and who must die, Underneath the Seasons Sun"

He repeats what he has a few more times smiling and nodding to himself, singing the whole lot merrily before pausing after a dozen repetitions

"Still missing something, hrm, not sent them off..."

He smirks and starts trying out more lines

"The Reaper comes for the parley and the guy, all must fall beneath his Swing,
 Seasons Change and we wait for darker days, The Old Templar is a-sleeping in his grave!
"

He nods to himself and starts to sing the whole lot together grinning happy with his work.

"It's that time of year once more and again
When the green turns golden brown
And the summer sun shall fade to winter sky
Old Templar, it's time for you to die

With Kin and all are born to fall
And all must die as sacrifice
Underneath the Seasons Sun
Hide your pride, let I decide
Who must live and who must die
Underneath the Seasons Sun

The Reaper comes for the parley and the guy
And all must fall beneath his swing
Seasons change and we wait for darker days
The Old Templar is a-sleeping in his grave
"

• Nationals Costumes
  • Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2018, 11:42:45 PM »
Ulavan

On hearing Corrik's verse as he comes in to the inn.

<quietly sighs>I always feel its the easier path to be spiteful and dismissive of those we find ourselves in disagreement with. To look to violence as a first recourse removes the requirement to think.. and to feel. It makes it easy to justify our own failings and to blame others as we revile them for the weakness of being inferior to our skill with blade or bludgeon. I wonder how often we do that so as to avoid meeting our own gaze in the mirror.

Glances at.crackbones and gives a small smile.

my story is also long.. and simple both... I suspect somewhat tame compaired to the other tales here however... some night soon when we are not so troubled I will share it with you all my new friends

<Pauses an takes a drink> but yes like your father I hail origionally for Alberetor <then his gaze unfocused>

Fear is a father’s gaze dead, bleak.
Home no longer a place safe to seek,
Love turned to bitterness as life withdrawn.
Vile entropy raised, hope is forlorn.

Fear is a child’s cry, lost and alone,
Of wearied men split to the bone,
Kith taken by demand of direst event.
Rallied in hope, by blackness circumvent.

Fear is a soldier’s weeping slumber,
Ghosts real and imagined rising in number,
Returning victorious, to death and decay.
To land where no longer the light hold sway.

Fear is a refugee’s backward glance,
Marching through Ice risking all on chance,
Last look at the home shorn of welfare.
To a promised land so on lips a prayer.

Fear is knowing home can be taken,
In pride a promise may again be forsaken,
A new land ruined, death its only harvest.
So pray and do right the only catharsis.

• Nationals Costumes
  • Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2018, 11:06:42 PM »
Ulavan

Sitting diwn near the fire during our first trip into the Davokar.

<looks up and around the vibrant canopy> ..ahh... this brings back such old memories... I can just recall those images of childhood in my country... beforethe dark lords came

TheaFH

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2018, 03:05:27 PM »
Freya

She pokes the fire with a stick, keeping her head down and nodding along as Ulavan speaks. As a once very sheltered kid, and still only a young adult, she knows embarrassingly little of what he’s talking about.
 “Must’ve been a horrible occurrence, that,” she says, somewhere between a statement and a question. It certainly doesn’t sound pleasant.

The Dan

• Out Of The Shadows
  • Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2018, 04:59:48 PM »
Crack-Bones

Beat a dog enough, and it will raise its pups to bite at everyone, that's what I know. Someone came and wrecked their land and drove them out... So here they are, forcing their way into Davokar, killing clans and raising up towns and cities, adventurers and queens. Wrecking ours. Maybe. I don't know.

Makes me wonder who these dark lords are. Were they too driven out by a bigger dog? Is it all a great dance in a circle, and in time the clans will be forced on and drive out the dwarves, or whoever - or did Ambrians go delving after a Davokar of their own; trying to tame the earth and chain the wild; waking some buried god up, or pulling treasures from the earth, until the earth spewed up the dead to teach them a lesson.

The Dan

• Out Of The Shadows
  • Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2019, 10:21:44 PM »
Later, after the skirmish....Around the embers of the campfire, Crack-Bones is puffing on his pipe, looking thoughtfully over at Ulavan and Will.

Crack Bones

So... You want to talk about what happened?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 10:20:47 PM by The Dan »

Will_you_please

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2019, 08:32:32 PM »
Will to Crackbones
It's just a waste. They were my brothers and sisters in arms and yet they were slaughtered. It sickens me to think I've seen this sight  far too many times where fellow soldiers lay dead around me... brings back too much from my past that no man or living thing should've experienced!

Brewster24

• View Profile
Fireside chat
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2019, 09:27:48 PM »
Gob - They may have been your brothers and sisters but they attacked us and tortered that poor goblin. They fired at Ullavan.... a priest!!! I can see this happening again and I don't think we should feel bad getting caught up in it all

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

Brewster24

• View Profile
Fireside chat
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2019, 09:29:53 PM »
Gob - though please can we avoid mages, fire hurts

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

Belzera

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2019, 09:43:07 PM »
Korik with a whet in his hand, sharpening the sword taken from the leader of the ranger group, speaks up after Gobs words, his eyes focused on the blade.

"We tried talking, it didn't work, wasn't going to work, they had a job to do and that job is getting the Queen the path to Symbar by any means nessesary"

He pauses and glances at Will.

"You may call it needless, but, that side of the encounter, the questioning side, is one I'm taken many a time in my life. Leaving those that you questioned alive when fam... when superiors want what they have or are seeking is not the way it is done."
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 09:45:05 PM by Belzera »