Author Topic: The Striped Pavilion  (Read 351 times)

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: The Striped Pavilion
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2017, 03:51:00 PM »
Well that's fair, and it'll need some discussion more and consideration on how it works

BioSpark

• Nationals Costumes
  • Games Master
  • Doesn't look a thing like Jesus.
    • View Profile
    • Dragonbjorn: racist, schizophrenic dragon slayer
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2017, 10:27:02 AM »
On reflection, the thing to do would have been to ask whether a freehold was to be provided or whether we were expected to have a place of our own to be turned to a freehold.  But then, I am making assumptions about how this process works and I have rightly no idea about any of it.

You'll be receiving a text message from me in a moment, by the way.  My phone is nothing special, don't expect me to have "apps" but it was at the right price point.

I'll take milk while we're here, by the way.  And possibly just the one, considering I lack any money to return the favour.  I appreciate the offer of a beer, don't get me wrong, but even to other unnaturally well preserved fey I appear to be a child.  The last thing you need is unwanted attention and a long conversation with a bartender about why you are purchasing alcohol for a preteen.  I feel like Patch and I have dominion over humans but I cannot quite fathom the minds of the fey just yet.
Bless the children of the world
Give us all a chance to grow and live
Give us all you've got to give

We're the one's who'll have to carry on
Even though all hope is gone

-Don Henley

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2017, 12:02:02 PM »
That's a good point on freeholds.  I have an idea that they are important and if we are to remain as a group then collectively we need one, or one would be so beneficial as to make it a fait accompli.

What form it takes, where it is and how we so it though is down to us I believe...but we will have to ask more questions on the matter and make a decision...

As for milk, Frederick, that'll be the best choice in the short term, in the long term perhaps some kind of glamour would help? Or more practically a fake id from somewhere?

BioSpark

• Nationals Costumes
  • Games Master
  • Doesn't look a thing like Jesus.
    • View Profile
    • Dragonbjorn: racist, schizophrenic dragon slayer
« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2017, 01:28:55 PM »
Ha, you know, I've tried a fake ID.  I can be persuasive at times but it would take an artist of social manipulation to pass off a ten year old as an adult.

I'm already shielded from mortals right now.  The only concern I have is that the fey can still see me for what I am but when you really get down to it, perhaps they wouldn't care about underage drinking.  I may work on my ability to dull the sense of the fey but unless I practice upon your good selves, consent becomes a barrier to learning.
Give us all a chance to grow and live
Give us all you've got to give

We're the one's who'll have to carry on
Even though all hope is gone

-Don Henley

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2017, 02:10:27 PM »
Well perhaps with a group of obvious adults your ID would be more plausible to any who would check, But I'll admit it's still conspicuous