Author Topic: What should I run next year?  (Read 81 times)

The Dan

• Out Of The Shadows
  • Games Master
    • View Profile
What should I run next year?
« on: June 10, 2017, 02:43:24 PM »
What should I run next year? I can’t decide! Post on the Facebook group.

What might people be interested in?

Three options, basically:

𝗖𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗼𝗹𝗶𝘀: Stylish Swedish sci-fi, describes itself as 𝘍𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘧𝘭𝘺 Meets 1001 𝘈𝘳𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘢𝘯 𝘕𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘴. The general look feels very 𝘋𝘶𝘯𝘦 and 𝘊𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘭𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘙𝘪𝘥𝘥𝘪𝘤𝘬 with bits of 𝘞𝘢𝘳𝘩𝘢𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 40𝘒 and 𝘍𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘚𝘶𝘯𝘴 𝘙𝘗𝘎. PC free agents, warring factions and a shadowy supernatural menace – sort of space age 𝘎𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘛𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴. You design your own ship and what the party does for a living (smugglers, journalists, pirates, etc)

𝗠𝘂𝘁𝗮𝗻𝘁: 𝗬𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝗭𝗲𝗿𝗼: Post-apocalyptic fight to survival a ravaged world – currency is bullets and food. You play a community of radiation-powered mutants with special powers: 𝘟-𝘔𝘦𝘯 do 𝘍𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘶𝘵 / 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘞𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘋𝘦𝘢𝘥. You’re not just fighting for yourselves: Your community has its own character sheet and develops alongside the characters – which lots of meaty decisions like “𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘸𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘪𝘭𝘥 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘦𝘧𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘳 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘴?”

𝗦𝘁𝗿𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗶𝘂𝗺 𝗗𝗼𝗴: Pulp space opera from the pages of 2000𝘈𝘋. You play mutants in a fascist future Britain. The only job available to you hideous muties is as bounty hunters, catching the scum of galaxy: Blasters, madmen, black magic, time grenades, countless hives of scum and villainy and a healthy dose of satire – sort of 𝘝 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘝𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘢 meets 𝘎𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘯𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘎𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘹𝘺.
Dan: A title of honor for respected men, equivalent to Master or Sir. Any of 12 levels of proficiency at the grade of black belt in martial arts such as judo and karate. An expert or expert level in shogi and other such games. He that judges.