Author Topic: Word on the Street  (Read 924 times)

The Dan

• Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
Re: Word on the Street
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2017, 06:47:50 PM »
Salia: Ah my good friends, have you seen the new wanted posters? They name Toku for the attack on Snuffer turf, and claim Hong and Flint for that whitecrown business and the Six Towers disaster. I have seen some new parchment on Cortland Lock of the Lost, too, over in Charhollow. I know better than to ask for the truth... unless you are feeling talkative?

A rather large reward on offer for all of them, but alas it seems their resources have as usual not extended to a decent sketch artists.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 06:50:04 PM by The Dan »
Dan: A title of honor for respected men, equivalent to Master or Sir. Any of 12 levels of proficiency at the grade of black belt in martial arts such as judo and karate. An expert or expert level in shogi and other such games. He that judges.

The Dan

• Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2017, 08:40:38 PM »
The street is buzzing with talk this week!

The main talk of course, is that the Drop Outs and Foghounds have recognised Mylera as Ward Boss. This means that Marlo's Savages have naturally signed on too (although they pay up to you). His "nemesises" the Roof Runners have promptly signed up with  the crows - as have the Blackouts and remains former Lampblacks, who have no real alternative now the Red Sashes are right next door.

Bluecoats continue to harass you - in particular the Clearwater Dock squad, who get into a bit of stand-off with the Fog Hounds. It's not just you though; looks like despite Mylera paying them off to stay away from the Gas Works, they remain generally in the Crows' corner. Marlo: You so much on Lachlan's shit list its untrue. She barned half our rooks, coves. Took a haul of product and paid only in smashed teeth and fingers. Not shiny, Fogs took up the slack though

The Cult of the Weeping Lady isn't really a gang, but it still has influence. After months of staying silent, they are now speaking out against both the Red Sashes and you, painting you as violent thugs, and you specifically as crazies. Having one of their soup kitchens assaulted by the Whispered Scream hasn't helped.

The Vultures (a rival smuggling crew move in on former Fog Hound turf. Between Goldie and the Plugs, you can see them off but they are definitely not your friends now.... and have joined the general Crow alliance.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 07:21:14 PM by The Dan »
Dan: A title of honor for respected men, equivalent to Master or Sir. Any of 12 levels of proficiency at the grade of black belt in martial arts such as judo and karate. An expert or expert level in shogi and other such games. He that judges.

The Dan

• Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2017, 07:39:48 PM »
Salia says the latest word on the street is that things are coming to a head, but thankfully both Queens in waiting want to avoid a repeat of the bloody war so recently finished... well, perhaps. Lyssa is, as always, spoiling for a fight, and Mylera isn't exactly known for backing down....

So this is how things stand:

Crows
Blackouts (I/W)
Bluecoats (III/S)
Cabbies (II/W)
Citizens of Crowsfoot (II/S)
Cult of the Weeping Lady (II/W)
Roof Runners (0/S)
Vultures (I/S)

Red Sashes
Drop Outs (I/S)
Fog Hounds (I/W)
The Brigade (II/S)
Gondoliers (III/W)
Savages (0/W)

Allegedly Neutral
Gloved Hands (I/S)
Thiefmakers (2/S)
Whispered Scream (1/S)
Mardin Gull of the Leaky Bucket (special/S)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 04:31:42 PM by The Dan »

The Dan

• Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2017, 11:48:54 AM »
And....it's on, Blades!

As the Artist's Mill collapses and burns, so does the fragile remains of peace in Crowsfoot. The Brigade is currently tied up fighting the fire, finally on site after keeping a safe distance from the Billhook/Plug Uglies/Red Sash battle while you escaped.

Marlo it seems, has gone over to the Red Sashes, at least based on his fancy new pistols and equally fancy broccaded Iruvian jacket. He's pretty unrepentant about it too: The game is the game, cutters, aint nothin but business. When dust settles, corners be there. Marlo be there one way ort tother. Me or some other Marlo, savvy? Good luck, cutters

As people (yourselves amongst them) start to make it back through the skirmishing to your rendezvous point, you can hear the desperate slam or doors and shutters, the footsteps of fleeing people, and the hopeful cries of citizens...

"THE CROWS ARE COMING! THE CROWS ARE COMING!"

The Dan

• Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2017, 08:45:51 PM »
Laroze: Shows over, Crows on top, as usual. Slum ghosts is your problem now.

Sgt. Lachlan: Just so we're clear... you are still on my shit list, numb-nuts.

Lydra: Well, the latest round of murders and turf grabs are done, darlings - what an exciting age we live in! The Sashes have been driven back to the heart of their old stomping grounds, but suddenly there's a whole lot of Iruvians in those streets than we've seen before: People from the embassy across the river in Charterhall, I'd guess. Words is that Swordmistress Klev struck a deal with some of the noble houses. Who knows who is in charge over there now?

Marlo: Shame bout Hoxley. He was proper, liked him.

Salia: Yup, Lyssa's called in Mylera and Erin to talk. Let's see how that goes. Quite the trio there. I note you're not on her guest list.... but maybe its just ladies only night at the Crows Nest?

The Dan

• Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2017, 05:10:31 PM »
Happy Birthday, Mardin Gull!

Salia: So... Crime stops for a weak, more or less. Well, liquor-thefts and drug deals go waaaaay up, but most scoundrels put their feet up and indulge their vices in Tangletown, relatively safe. Its considered bad form to stab each other, blow things up or seize turf this week - enjoy that while it lasts!

Don't know if its actually written down anywhere but the Council and the Bluecoats seem to lay off us this week too - it can't hurt that we're all on holiday!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 05:13:58 PM by The Dan »

The Dan

• Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2017, 07:05:26 PM »
Lyssa: Parties over bitches. Pay the fuck up.

Mylera Klev: We threw the dice and they came up for you. So be it. The Red Sashes acknowledge the Crows as the premier crew of Crows Foot. For now.

Erin Hook: We are here to stay. That's just a fact. But we're not necessarily here to start a war. Maybe end one, but not start it, not today. That's up to you. It would be... bad form for me to start paying up so soon, now wouldn't it? But that doesn't mean we can't have a productive relationship. Fancy a game of chess?

Lydra: So, after this week's festivities the lay of the land... The Crows are firmly in charge, and the Thief-Makers have paid up to Lyssa. Bluecoats and the Cult of Weeping Lady are also both on Lyssa's side. That just leaves you and the Billhooks. I hear negotiations with Erin are still happening. Meanwhile both sides are strengthening their grip on the foot. No one knows what's happened to the Fog Hounds - casualties of war?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 08:01:10 PM by The Dan »

The Dan

• Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2017, 08:06:12 PM »
Marlo: Ship's stopped rolling in Sash Street, deck steady. Mylera is still captain, but there's other ruvie coves comin' swag-a-dragging over the bridge. Looks like turf rubbin turf. Lookin like this new crew be runnin' a red one for follk who shivved their fellows in the barkle. Nice work not scraggin' the wrong sash. Savvy - most unlike you.

Erin: How nice of you to give us the Foghounds. We'll make them welcome, don't worry.

Bell: I tell you, if Lyssa could just take care of a certain ghost, she'd have this district all sewn up. 

Flint: So the damned Wardens are still all over town. Them I can ditch, but they're sending railjacks and Silver Nails into the Foot, to look for Roric. Not people to mess with. But at least Six Towers is under control again.

The Dan

• Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2017, 03:18:35 PM »
Mardin Gull: Plenty of deals made and scores planned, and a damn lot of screed and braggadocio: A fine birthday bash! Billhooks and Crows are both consolidating - not exactly friendly but mostly ignoring each other while they stabilise, that might work out but tut tut for bringing them in here, Drop Outs. That's trouble we do not need. Funny how things work out... Poor Phineas and Goldie, trapped between Sashes, Hooks, and the dead. That's no choice at all.

Cottonmouth: Slane, we have unfinished business!