Author Topic: Meanwhile In The Caravanserai [IC Chat]  (Read 5632 times)

The Dan

• Games Master
    • View Profile
Meanwhile In The Caravanserai [IC Chat]
« on: October 24, 2013, 05:42:28 PM »
Whether we're in the thick of things, relaxing in a waystation of good or ill repute, or just sat around the campfire... This is the general thread for "in-character" discussions, introductions, rants, debates, and exclamation of sevenfold vengeance. There aint much in the way of rules or guidence, but what there is, is here.

We'll be kicking off in media res, as our heroes and their temporary employer are making their way westwards along the border from Solius-On-The-Mountain, so everyone will have had at least the opportunity to see and pass words with anyone they want on the journey so far... (more details on how we got there coming shortly)
Dan: A title of honor for respected men, equivalent to Master or Sir. Any of 12 levels of proficiency at the grade of black belt in martial arts such as judo and karate. An expert or expert level in shogi and other such games. He that judges.

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
    • A blog of shortymonster proportions.
Re: Meanwhile In The Caravanserai [IC Chat]
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 07:24:24 AM »
[Are we sat in a caravan, or walking alongside a slow moving vehicle?]
Check out my blog, it's about gaming

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 08:21:33 AM »

The Dan

• Games Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 11:32:24 AM »
Let us assume for now we're gathering at the wagons, waiting for the boss to turn up.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 01:24:04 PM by The Dan »
Dan: A title of honor for respected men, equivalent to Master or Sir. Any of 12 levels of proficiency at the grade of black belt in martial arts such as judo and karate. An expert or expert level in shogi and other such games. He that judges.

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 10:15:55 AM »
Kantrel

[A staggeringly tall Raphelian leans nonchalantly against a post, watching the world go by as the caravans are checked and prepared. He is well over six and a half foot, and is obviously comfortable with the advantages his height provides as at his left hip hangs a long sword more often seen carried by Pelosian cavalry. His long dark hair is oiled and tied neatly down his shoulders, while his facial hair is immaculately shaped, with a dark mustache and goatee beard. Across his chest lays a bright orange sash, and a dark red cloak hangs down from his shoulders. At his feet lies a pack that looks well stocked for a journey]

Whistles tunelessly as he watches the activities.

The Dan

• Games Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 11:37:33 PM »
Strolling between the wagons comes a burly Pelosian with shaved head and a heavy jaw. Dressed in a chinking hauberk of light mail, a buckler and short falchion dangling from his belt, he casts a surly eye over the preparations. Dangling from one hand is a caravan-master's baton [long truncheon], with which he taps cart wheels and boxes, and not-so gently prods the slower stevedores.

He glances over.

Vitus Leale

Keen, are we? First to work... I like that.

Kriltic

• Out Of The Shadows
  • I Roll For Lunch
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 08:28:59 AM »
A strange cloaked man

<A strange man wearing plain brown travelling robes walks past, his hood covering most of his face. For those at the right angle or simply paying close attention will see he is wearing a fine crafted wooden mask... He walks to a quiet space on his own and removes his backpack then kneels down and begins looking through it, his hands are hidden by plain gloves which match the simplicity of the rest of his clothes. While looking through his back, it is clear that it contains clothes and items of a much higher standard both in design and material than what he is currently wearing.>
"I do not need to animate the dead in order to subjugate my enemy. Sometimes the threat itself is enough to scatter his wits." - Nicodem

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 08:56:41 AM »
Kantrel

I'd say something witty about just wanting the job over quickly, but in truth there's little to do in these parts without a lot of coin in your pocket, and this is as good a place as any to stand and wait. It is nice to know that you're diligent enough to have early too and goad these slackers into working at something slightly faster than a snails pace.

Kriltic

• Out Of The Shadows
  • I Roll For Lunch
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 09:39:43 AM »
Strange cloaked man

<After a few minutes of moving and repacking his bag, the strange man stands up and looks around. Upon glancing in Kantrel's direction, his gaze pauses for a split second before continuing to look around, briefly pausing again upon seeing Vitus Leale although the pause is slightly longer than that with Kantrel.>
"I do not need to animate the dead in order to subjugate my enemy. Sometimes the threat itself is enough to scatter his wits." - Nicodem

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2013, 10:42:32 AM »
Kantrel

[Still talking to Vitus, but nodding towards the new arrival]

Friend of yours? Nice to know it won't just be the two of us on this little journey. How many are we expecting by the way?

Kriltic

• Out Of The Shadows
  • I Roll For Lunch
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2013, 10:57:21 AM »
Strange man

<Tilts his head slightly to the right and gentley nods his head in acknowledgement.>

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2013, 01:03:08 PM »
Kantrel

[Upon seeing the acknowledgment, he bows deeply towards the strangely dressed man]

Join us my friend, no reason to stand around in silence.

Kriltic

• Out Of The Shadows
  • I Roll For Lunch
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2013, 02:00:52 PM »
Strange man

<Looking at Kantrel as he speaks, holding the stare for a few seconds after he finishes speaking before lifting his bag up and moving towards Kantrel. Speaking with somewhat of a hiss in his voice.>   Ssorry, I'm not ussed to thiss kind of thing, not anymore anyway. I ussually sspend my time tending to thosse injured in thiss war.

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2013, 02:12:21 PM »
Kantrel

Strange that you would choose this line of work then. Unless you know something I don't about the dangers we're likely to face? My name is kantrel by the way, recently of Raphelia.

Kriltic

• Out Of The Shadows
  • I Roll For Lunch
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2013, 05:06:55 PM »
Strange man

It allowss me to travel around and help otherss in need of my sskillss. There'ss only sso much I can do in one village.