Author Topic: Meanwhile In The Caravanserai [IC Chat]  (Read 9933 times)

The Dan

• Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile In The Caravanserai [IC Chat]
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2013, 07:52:46 PM »
Vitus Leale

< mutters >

Sometimes heathens is a welcome bloody change...
Dan: A title of honor for respected men, equivalent to Master or Sir. Any of 12 levels of proficiency at the grade of black belt in martial arts such as judo and karate. An expert or expert level in shogi and other such games. He that judges.

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
    • A blog of shortymonster proportions.
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2013, 09:23:22 AM »
Kantrel

I think you may be spending too much time amongst us Godless folk, or least folk without your God in our lives. Anyway, i thought we out here to make a profit, no make a prophet of you?
Check out my blog, it's about gaming

The Dan

• Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2013, 07:06:15 PM »
Vitus Leale

< seems a little bitter>

So ya've mastered puns and fancy talk.

Just need to get you away from them drunk sailing gods of yours and yer'll be in numare robes afore I am.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 07:31:38 PM by The Dan »
Dan: A title of honor for respected men, equivalent to Master or Sir. Any of 12 levels of proficiency at the grade of black belt in martial arts such as judo and karate. An expert or expert level in shogi and other such games. He that judges.

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2013, 07:43:16 PM »
Lucius

Worry not good man, my Gods would find the life of a Numare a touch too boring for me to contemplate.

Michael Moriarty

• HUGS Avatar
  • Administrator
  • Games Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2013, 01:18:05 PM »
(OOC: What language is Vitus speaking? Infact would it be a good idea to use the colour coding described in this thread http://www.hugs-site.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1372.0 given the language barriers in the group?)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 01:21:15 PM by Michael Moriarty »

The Dan

• Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2013, 05:36:49 PM »
Good point.

Let's assume the standard colours from the other forum games... and normal black for Pelo Margo, the default trade tongue of the area. Vitus speaks it fluently and anyone who understands either Pelosian or Dummonii will get it to some extent (its either of those languages -30 to the score... 10+ broken, 20+ basic, 30+ fluent).

We’ve used coloured text to indicate different languages and the GM descriptive text etc...
And (you don’t have to do this but) we have used google translate to get our faux foreign speech.

GM descriptive text : Brown
OOC comments : Grey
Pyraxian Pelo Margo : Black / English (we'll worry about Pyraxian only if it crops up!)  ;)
Raphaelian : Teal / Dutch
Whitelandish : Blue / Norwegian
Yurwian : Slateblue / Portuguese
Dummonii : Green / Irish
Pelosian : Purple / Latin
Dromish : Orange / Arabic
Uru : Sienna / Swahili
Daemonic : Magenta / varies
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 05:45:29 PM by The Dan »

Michael Moriarty

• HUGS Avatar
  • Administrator
  • Games Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2013, 05:39:54 PM »
Cadeyrn

<glaring at Vitus>

Watch your tongue about the gods, we approach the caves of the dead and they will not take lightly to such comments

The Dan

• Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2013, 05:56:05 PM »
Vitus Leale

Nor do I take your words lightly, Dummonii. < points his baton at Cadeyrn > In either sense.

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2013, 02:38:24 PM »
Kantrel

[Turns his head towards Caderyn] What manner of place is this Cave of the Dead? A communal underground grave, or scene of violence long past that still haunts the location?

Kriltic

• Out Of The Shadows
  • I Roll For Lunch
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2013, 04:09:30 PM »
OOC: As we were running over last week I never got chance to offer to help heal any wounds inflicted so to stay in character please assume Drazar had indeed offered any help where it was necessary (if anyone needs healing we can sort it out tomorrow before we start properly). Im also assuming that at some point in the few hours our characters have known one another that Drazar has mentioned his name.

Drazar

<Looks towards the conversation>    I have heard about ssuch placcess but I have never been to one. Thiss will ccertainly be a new and inssightful experiencce and I believe the ansswerss to Kantrel'ss questionss may help uss passs through eassier and undissturbed by what resstss there.
"I do not need to animate the dead in order to subjugate my enemy. Sometimes the threat itself is enough to scatter his wits." - Nicodem

Michael Moriarty

• HUGS Avatar
  • Administrator
  • Games Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2013, 10:30:23 PM »
Cadeyrn

The Na Marbh is a short cut through the mountains, a series of tunnels and caves sacred to Suí Marbh, the Deadsitter where the shadows provide a link between this world and the next. The Two Faced Corbie tribe ward this place and you must follow my lead when dealing with them, once past them the dead will reach out to us for good or ill and set tests of will before they will allow us to pass

The Dan

• Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2013, 10:39:06 PM »
Vitus Leale

< looks less than happy >

Well... I'm glad I'm not the numare explaining that one to the boss.

OOC: As we were running over last week I never got chance to offer to help heal any wounds inflicted so to stay in character please assume Drazar had indeed offered any help where it was necessary (if anyone needs healing we can sort it out tomorrow before we start properly). Im also assuming that at some point in the few hours our characters have known one another that Drazar has mentioned his name.

No problem, I'll get to that first thing tomorrow.

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2013, 07:46:09 AM »
Kantrel

[Looks unusually serious]

You have passed this way before Caderyn? What is the nature of this test of wills?

Michael Moriarty

• HUGS Avatar
  • Administrator
  • Games Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2013, 12:21:00 PM »
Cadeyrn

<Looking at Vitus>

He said he wanted fast and this is without doubt the shortest route, though now you mention him it may be best for someone to accompany him in his box

<Turning back to Kantrel>

Yes iv made this trip several times before. The test is different depending what spirits we attract, they could be loved ones, enemies or people we have never met, some may wish to aid us others to hinder, sometimes it is hard to tell for they always speak in riddles. Often a champion will undergo the test but sometimes it is the group as a whole and in the past I have experienced it both where something needs to be done and other times when you simply endure

One thing that is for certain is you must be respectful and the result will more likely be positive, light sources should be kept to a minimum, tapers and reed torches only, none of your flashy magics or lanterns

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2013, 02:03:14 PM »
Kantrel

[Thoughtfully to himself] Ik heb genoeg genoeg geesten die me volgen, laat zien hoe boos ze zijn.