Author Topic: Meanwhile In The Caravanserai [IC Chat]  (Read 9939 times)

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
    • A blog of shortymonster proportions.
Re: Meanwhile In The Caravanserai [IC Chat]
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2013, 05:33:23 PM »
Kantrel

I for one won't complain about having a healer following along. I would prefer it if we had at least another couple of sword hands too.
Check out my blog, it's about gaming

Michael Moriarty

• HUGS Avatar
  • Administrator
  • Games Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2013, 07:26:39 PM »
Cadeyrn

<Walks up to the Caravan and rests his pack on the back of one of the Wagons>

Greetings, how long till we set off?

[Physical Appearance:Cadeyrn stands at 5'11 with shoulder length brown hair that usually has several small wooden religious symbols/carvings tied into it with braids,  he also has a moustache but no beard, and psychically he is fairly well built and is very muscular. He is wearing a pair of green/yellow/orange patch pattern trousers and a plain faded brown tunic tied with a simply leather belt, and over his shoulder he wears a faded yellow cloak. He carries a Rarkscain on his belt and a plain war axe as his primary weapon, he is also carrying a blue oval shield with various spirals and other symbols painted on in red and as a Dummonii bow hung over his shoulder]
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:22:52 PM by Michael Moriarty »

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2013, 07:41:18 PM »
Kantrel

I think we're waiting for this ones boss... [with a backwards nod he indicates Vitus] ... to get himself out of bed. Either that or for the rest of this little party to get together. [Steps forward from the post he was leaning against, and continues in his fluent but accented Dummoni, with a bow.] They call me Kantrel.

Kriltic

• Out Of The Shadows
  • I Roll For Lunch
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2013, 08:33:10 PM »
Strange man

Hopefully the need for more sswordss and violencce wont be needed however I sshall not get my hopess up conssidering the location we are in.   <Looks towards the new arrival pausing and watching carefully... When Kantrel speaks Dummoni the strange mans head turns to look at him.>
"I do not need to animate the dead in order to subjugate my enemy. Sometimes the threat itself is enough to scatter his wits." - Nicodem

Michael Moriarty

• HUGS Avatar
  • Administrator
  • Games Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2013, 10:27:04 PM »
Cadeyrn

<Nods a greeting at the man in the cloak>

Im Cadeyrn, Any idea how many we have got coming?

Kriltic

• Out Of The Shadows
  • I Roll For Lunch
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2013, 10:34:04 PM »
Strange man

<Now looking at Cadeyrn again>   I'm afraid not... I wouldn't think that there will be too many more to come now.   <Pausing for a brief moment>   Whoever they are I'm ssure they will only make the party even more interessting.
"I do not need to animate the dead in order to subjugate my enemy. Sometimes the threat itself is enough to scatter his wits." - Nicodem

The Dan

• Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2013, 11:28:28 PM »
Vitus glances up from the manifest that's been occupying his attention [seems he can read, albiet rather slowly]. He frowns briefly at the hooded man, then nods to both him and Cadeyrn.

Vitus Leale

....mutters something uninteligable... Oh, we're to be hip deep in heathens soon enough. Praise Pelo for the chance to convert ya, and all that cack. Dunno what the border patrols'll make of us - probably give some pious old patriarch a heart attack, if he saw us coming. < pauses, glancing up at the cloudy sky > Couple claim to be decent bladesmen, but I've yet to see it. After this summer's madness, every sell-sword worth the name is dead, dead drunk, or balls deep in the nearest hitchskirt.

Present company excepted, course.

Dan: A title of honor for respected men, equivalent to Master or Sir. Any of 12 levels of proficiency at the grade of black belt in martial arts such as judo and karate. An expert or expert level in shogi and other such games. He that judges.

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2013, 08:05:32 AM »
Kantrel

[Switches back to Pelosian with a big smile on his face.] Oh yes, we are heathens one and all. Would you expect good, Gods fearing folk to be in this shit hole to take your coin?

The Dan

• Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2013, 02:45:23 PM »
Vitus Leale[\b]

< shrugs >

You are not the prefered option. I'll say that.[\i]

Dan: A title of honor for respected men, equivalent to Master or Sir. Any of 12 levels of proficiency at the grade of black belt in martial arts such as judo and karate. An expert or expert level in shogi and other such games. He that judges.

Kriltic

• Out Of The Shadows
  • I Roll For Lunch
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2013, 03:26:07 PM »
Strange man

<Watches and listens to the conversation flowing between Kantrel and Vitus although tilting his head as they speak, reacting more to their body language and tone. Afterwards he turns and looks around to what is happening around him>

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2013, 08:57:12 PM »
[OOC: Since we had a couple of hours before we set off, I see no reason not to carry this on for now in case anyone else wants to join in]

Kantrel

Weather seems to be turning, I suppose it's the Gods' way of taking the piss after such a bastard of a summer.

Kriltic

• Out Of The Shadows
  • I Roll For Lunch
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2013, 12:42:27 PM »
Strange man

<Turns and looks at Kantrel then looks to the sky>   It will be a tesst of our will to ssee this journey through... For ssome people this will be a new and posssibly interessting experiencce.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 01:03:41 PM by Kriltic »

The Dan

• Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2013, 04:24:05 PM »
And so the caravan rolls on into the mountains, leaving Solius behind...  although sadly not the faint noise of Eduardo complaining about motion sickness and he crampness of his caravan. The day becomes a grey haze.

Vitus Leale

Yeah, definitely gonna rain.... oh well.

< breaks into song, waving his caravan-master's baton >

Farewell and good riddence to Solius ladies,
As hairy as ursa and toothless as babies.
Savage as vraag, you are greedy for gold,
Yet for a knuckle of silver, your bodies are sold....

The Dan

• Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2013, 05:00:57 PM »
Eduardo sticks head out of the little windows in his caravan, right by Valorous' ear.

Eduardo Skuza

Caravan-master, I am ashamed to hear such unpatriotic voice and vulgarity. Please restrain yourself. If you must sing, perhaps a good pilgrimage hymn, mmm? We must teach our foreign friends the better way, yes?

Vitus Leale

< sighs >

Yes, patrone. Forgive me, I had forgotten there were numare with us.

Eduardo Skuza

And don't sigh so much, Vitus. It may give you a breathing ailment. Damn this mountain dampness. I already feel a chill coming on.

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2013, 08:06:48 AM »
Kantrel

[Smiling to himself]

Aye Vitus, don't give up on us yet!