Author Topic: Hello from Edinburgh (Scotlandshire)  (Read 2316 times)

Simon

• Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
Hello from Edinburgh (Scotlandshire)
« on: October 03, 2013, 12:06:49 PM »
Hello everyone (I'm Alive - This will provoke mixed feelings!). I thought it was about time that I communicated, everything is going great - goodish up here in Edinburgh. I have joined a gaming club, ELG (Edinburgh League of Gamers) they play mostly 40k and fantasy Warhammer, but also have board games running downstairs. I've played loads of different board games and even got in a few warhammer battles (but, they were brutal 2.4 tourney practice games; it still hurts to sit down). I did play in their annul tourney: ELG Forgotten Heroes which was pretty relaxed - I spent some time talking to this bloke that lives in Glasgow called Charles, and it wasn't until he started telling me about this person he knew (Down South?) with a distinctive but photogenic painting style, that I realised I was talking to Brick. You can see how we both got on if you look on The Warhammer Forum - tourney news, page 2, ELG Presents Forgotten Heroes 2013. We were both tourney virgins, and both won best in breed (yes we were the only one with those races (Skaven and Tomb Kings) but we’ve chosen to overlook this.
I have also discovered The Hub, which is a gaming venue where we often meet to play board games (they also have tables for Warhammer), they have stupid amounts of games to rent @ 2 squid a player, plus they have a café and an independent gaming shop lurking in the lower reaches. edinburghgamehub.co.uk/

I have also got an Edinburgh Rugby season ticket (pro12) - (comedy on grass!)
And, I have taken up fencing, which is awesome.

Hope you are all well (physically if not mentally) – Simon.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 01:21:12 PM by Simon »
CHARISMA SEVEN!!

damo_b

• Nationals Costumes
  • I Roll For Lunch
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Edinburgh (Scotlandshire)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 05:07:32 PM »
nice to hear from you. saw some of the pictures from the tournament. Glad it is going well.

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 06:08:06 PM »
We're all good cheers

Your subs are due ;)

• Nationals Costumes
  • Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 11:13:15 PM »
Hey up mate!

The Hub sounds cool! ..but woe the misfortune of running into brick! nevermind now you know you can hide next time he's passing! ;D

So now we just need to angle it so Edinburgh wins the stu-nats, then we can all come crash at your place for free yes?

BioSpark

• Nationals Costumes
  • Games Master
  • Doesn't look a thing like Jesus.
    • View Profile
    • Dragonbjorn: racist, schizophrenic dragon slayer
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 11:16:42 AM »
So now we just need to angle it so Edinburgh wins the stu-nats, then we can all come crash at your place for free yes?

I still have very vivid memories of our last commute to bonny Scotland.  Every year that isn't won by Wales or Scotland is a year I cherish.

Awfully good to hear you're doing well abroad, sir!

Fencing is awesome, yes.  For 2 years in high school it actually made me enjoy PE.
I can still tend the rabbits, George?

Divvur

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 07:34:20 PM »
Bah, don't listen to him, Edinburgh is a fantastic city that I miss dearly and I'm glad you are having a good time there. Not only that, but it has plenty of takeaways, so you should have no problem should you need to expand your fantasy army  ;)

We will no doubt see you in a couple of years, after I throw a couple of games in Leicester to make sure that 2015 will certainly be north of the border!

faceknives

• Nationals Costumes
  • Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 06:56:43 PM »
I still have some chains of yours.  Which sounds frightfully dodgy.   8)
And you look like a star but you're still on the dole