Author Topic: 2013-14  (Read 3356 times)

• Game Designer
    • View Profile
2013-14
« on: April 21, 2013, 07:34:19 PM »
I have been asked....

You two know what campaign settings you are running for Orbis  ?
Plus is it all new or existing/converted Orbis characters ?
and as I had sort of thought to myself earlier...
I think I want to be away from NP for sure - I'm quite tempted with going down Leonis Archipelago way -

..so there's lots of steaming jungles and 'Caribbean islands', slaves, sailors, and traders, sweaty pirates, dashing Geomancers, sinister Daemonologists and corrupt Pelosian governors.. etc..
...and I'm now 87.2% sure that's what I'll be doing!  ;)

Will defo be new characters for all though I reckon

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 2013-14
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 07:36:09 PM »
Outstanding on both counts.
Count me in right now - I already have ideas bubbling. :D

Kriltic

• Out Of The Shadows
  • I Roll For Lunch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 08:05:09 PM »
Sounds interesting!
"I do not need to animate the dead in order to subjugate my enemy. Sometimes the threat itself is enough to scatter his wits." - Nicodem

• Nationals Costumes
  • Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 08:15:32 PM »
If I don't run a campaign myself of something, I'd be interested in gaming a campaign of Dan or yourself Fifty. Might even discipline myself to do proper regular artwork to accompany the forum accounts of the campaign I'm in. ( Plus do NPC stuff for 'other OM's' campaign ).

I'm still flirting with running The Book of Quests at some time, possibly at Patriot Games on a Thursday evening. I might look into seeing if this RQ6 campaign can be adapted into a game using the Orbis system.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 08:19:12 PM by 348 »
" Stakk! "

damo_b

• Nationals Costumes
  • I Roll For Lunch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 09:08:31 PM »
sounds good

• Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 09:32:40 PM »
As always I'm v happy at all your interest, and offers / bribes doc!  ;)

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
    • A blog of shortymonster proportions.
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 07:22:16 AM »
Well, you know you have my interest. And the only bribe I have to offer is giving up some blog space to write about the experience, thus pimping your eventual Kickstarter...
Just so you know, I own a comic book store

Oh, and write a fiction blog for fun

• Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 08:24:54 AM »
Well, you know you have my interest. And the only bribe I have to offer is giving up some blog space to write about the experience, thus pimping your eventual Kickstarter...

..sounds like a perfectly excellent bribe generous offer  ;D

Bill

• Nationals Costumes
  • Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 10:14:08 AM »
Its just an excuss to drink more Rum

The Dan

• Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2013, 03:24:51 PM »
Correct, Bill. But that is no bad thing.

I of course, shall be running it as well.

Although Ant recently suggested running both groups through the same campaign area... I don't think we have anything like the Sagneth/Ulema setup -- which incidentally would probably be a "campaign metier" or something nowadays -- so my default plan is to head in the other direction (from a Pyraxian point of view), which looking through our map and gazetteer means I'll probably run...

Scaladoun… the Vale of Woe, the Land of Red Ruin that snakes between the science and civilisation of Pelosia and the wild and mystical forest realm of barbarian Dummonii. Both sides claim it, neither will give it up. It’s the bloody borderlands of a generations-long conflict; sometimes a cold war, often hot. Its prowled by peace-makers and war mongers; by marching legionaries, scalping warriors and rabble-rousing druids, and flocked to by mercenaries from lands near and far.

Here an adventurer can earn fame, fortune and power (although more often just an early grave) among the Free Companies; leading partisans or partisan-hunters, bandits or peacekeepers, or exploiting the opportunities of war and trade and espionage between the two great nations of the West.
Dan: A title of honor for respected men, equivalent to Master or Sir. Any of 12 levels of proficiency at the grade of black belt in martial arts such as judo and karate. An expert or expert level in shogi and other such games. He that judges.

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2013, 03:37:50 PM »
Oooh interesting...

The Dan

• Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2013, 03:47:32 PM »
Err, you could argue its actually just 'pirates on land'  ;D but essentially my pitch is:

Bloody Borderlands!
Savage Scalpers!
Legionaries and Landsknechts!
Merchants and magicians!
Religion and rogues!

More pulp adventure than swashbuckling, I think. Sort of Thieves World meets Warhammer's Border Princes and the Conan story 'Beyond the Black River'.

Since its Orbis, I really need to pick a "campaign metier" - which in this case is THERE WILL BE BLOOD  8)
Dan: A title of honor for respected men, equivalent to Master or Sir. Any of 12 levels of proficiency at the grade of black belt in martial arts such as judo and karate. An expert or expert level in shogi and other such games. He that judges.

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2013, 03:53:17 PM »
Not

;D

• Nationals Costumes
  • Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2013, 08:19:55 AM »
Beyond the Black River is a stonking good REH Conan tale !
" Stakk! "

The Dan

• Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2013, 10:22:19 AM »
Not

;D

Ah yes! Definitely. Martin and his band are my benchmark for Raphaelian adventurers! ;D

Add to that the White Company... and Abercrombie's excellent stand alone mercenary/vengeance tale Best Served Cold.

Beyond the Black River is definitely a big inspiration on the Magomarissi (at least as the Pelosians view it). Now I just need the exucse to run Tower of the Elephant (my all time favourite) in Dromal!