Author Topic: Coming soon...to SyFy...  (Read 1400 times)

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
Coming soon...to SyFy...
« on: April 09, 2013, 12:25:02 PM »

The Dan

• Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
Re: Coming soon...to SyFy...
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 05:06:02 PM »
I know. Thrilling and terrifying at the same time.

Usually SyFy are rubbish, but they're getting better at their own shows. While I really can't imagine anyone playing Avon and Villa (or the computers), the original series is severely limited by its utter lack of budget. If they can keep the distopia and themes and dialogue but update the special effects, in a Galactica style reboot, that could be great.

Its really a crime that the BBC couldn't / didn't do it. No serious sci fi from them in years.  :(
Dan: A title of honor for respected men, equivalent to Master or Sir. Any of 12 levels of proficiency at the grade of black belt in martial arts such as judo and karate. An expert or expert level in shogi and other such games. He that judges.

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 05:17:28 PM »
If they can do a galactica like thing that retains the dystopian brutality then I'll be a very happy bunny

As time & successive episodes of Dr Who have come and gone I am very glad the BBC didn't redo it

Can you imagine The Liberator in the hands of Russell T Davis

The Dan

• Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 05:57:53 PM »
I know what you mean. Only glimmer of hope was if the Spooks people did it.

That would be distopian.
Dan: A title of honor for respected men, equivalent to Master or Sir. Any of 12 levels of proficiency at the grade of black belt in martial arts such as judo and karate. An expert or expert level in shogi and other such games. He that judges.