Author Topic: Midnight Plaza  (Read 17606 times)

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Midnight Plaza
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 12:06:35 PM »
Ooc - I could claim to be golden claw since I still have Hett's gold badge, but aren't they under suspension?

Stalland

<heads over towards Zamaragdus' position>

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
    • A blog of shortymonster proportions.
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 12:15:36 PM »
Lucius

That was pretty damned impressive. remind to tag along with you more often in future.
Check out my blog, it's about gaming

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2013, 12:20:53 PM »
Stalland

Apparently I can be quite persuasive when I want to be, mind given we are being watched from the rooftops it's not that good...this level of soldiery worries me, too much potential for violence

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
    • A blog of shortymonster proportions.
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 12:40:44 PM »
Lucius

To whom does the army take its orders from? I've gotten used to private cartels, but fully state sponsored armies give me the willies.
Check out my blog, it's about gaming

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 12:48:42 PM »
Stalland

As far as I know, the Daktaar and the Koryph and given it seems the Koryph have seen sense and backed away from martial law I'm a bit more relaxed, but seeing them here is worrying

The Dan

• Out Of The Shadows
  • Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2013, 06:28:13 PM »
Stalland

<heads over towards Zamaragdus' position>

Pushing your way to the edge of the crowd is hot work; the morning sun and pressing bodies are rapidly turning the square into an oven. You find yourself pushing through a hubbub of impatient conversation as well as bodies, although there's more than a few choice words half-spit in your direction before they see how you're armed and armoured.

Voices in the Crowd

… I think she’s fainted…

...fires, I’m roasting in here. It’s hot as the bloody Nostrum, any wine left?

….I’m telling you, Vatha always throws good coin at the end. We need a better position…

...Too hot, too many people, too many guards...

… That man said they’re getting rid of the Scourge once and for all, going to unhood and bind her right here, for that murder. It'll be carnage. We have got to get out of here!

…hey, that's the old temple of Hedosia, I miss that glove cult, great times…

...I hope we see some move on the bloody Dums, long past time...

...Exile the Whitelanders! Whitelanders out! Whitelanders out!

... Watch it, you!

... My purse, my skakting purse is gone....

...Mummy, I can't see anything! Pick me up!

On this side of the plaza, the crowd terminates at a line of soldiers surrounding Market Hall itself. Behind them on the raised walkway, Zamaragdus and Hebba Jobey are still in conversation, although both glance in your vague direction as you emerge red faced and sweating from the press.

Nearest Soldier

< raising shield >

Whoa, right there! Where do you think you're going, all strapped up for raiding?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 06:30:44 PM by The Dan »
Dan: A title of honor for respected men, equivalent to Master or Sir. Any of 12 levels of proficiency at the grade of black belt in martial arts such as judo and karate. An expert or expert level in shogi and other such games. He that judges.

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2013, 06:35:20 PM »
Stalland

<wipes his brow> Same sort of work as you friend, I am concillii to Sera Greywater and I have business with Arbiter Zamaragdus, fires its hot here.

The Dan

• Out Of The Shadows
  • Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2013, 06:43:40 PM »
Soldier

Look, if I had a tin parvus for every-

Hebba Jobey reaches over and gently bangs his cane-tip on the soldier’s helmet.

Hebba Jobey

What are you afraid of, eh? Think they’re the latest Pelosian invasion?
That’s Haak citizenry of repute that is.

Zamaragdus

Sorry of what repute, exactly?

Hebba Jobey

Of Haak repute. Best kind

Hebba gives you a toothy grin as Zamaragdus gestures you both over with an exaggerated sigh. The guards let you pass behind their line - not that there’s not much room here, pressed between the portico wall and the backs of the soldiers. At least you’re out of the sun though. Looks like its going to be a scorcher.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 09:09:26 PM by The Dan »
Dan: A title of honor for respected men, equivalent to Master or Sir. Any of 12 levels of proficiency at the grade of black belt in martial arts such as judo and karate. An expert or expert level in shogi and other such games. He that judges.

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2013, 06:50:05 PM »
Stalland

<grins at Hebba's words as they move onto the walkway> Well met again Hebba, not seen you in a while, and Zamaragdus I trust you are both well? This is a hot day to have everyone pressed into the square, and their mood seems...changeable

The Dan

• Out Of The Shadows
  • Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2013, 07:44:34 PM »
Hebba Jobey

We're baking 'em for their gossip this morning < grins > Death bides his time and the ladies are fine, so I'm very well indeed all told, thank you... although its been too long since I strolled down your stretch of the canards - I guess that's a compliment, really.

Zamaragdus

Yeah, the taverners will certainly thank us later. As for me... I have been moderately wicked already this morning, but only time will tell if I am sated or hungry for more.

< looks over you both >

This armoury seems a little overstated for a respectable Greywater concilli. Not thinking of starting a riot I hope?

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2013, 07:57:33 PM »
Stalland

<Looks around at all the troops and watchmen> Not sure I was expecting this many krigere and the last time I was in a plaza for a gathering and a promenade it was in the Janat district and I ended up exchanging blows with an Ursa, so we came prepared...fortunately you have it covered and now we will merely be too hot... <As if to emphasise this he takes out a water bottle to take a drink, giving some to Hengist as well> Next time you are in the mood for some carousing come and find us Hebba, and you Zamaragdus, if you want to slum it, and I wonder what it might be that makes you say you'd been wicked... <he stands up from where Hengist has been drinking from his hand>
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 08:31:29 PM by Ant »

The Dan

• Out Of The Shadows
  • Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2013, 08:53:07 PM »
Zamaragdus

Well I am by nature an evil man, and chance blesses me with multiple opportunities to undulge.

< smiles down at you >

We must all make the best of our circumstances, and learn to adapt to new positions, otherwise you never learn to abuse them. Welcome to the concilli.

< looks towards Lucius >

You. You are still whoremongering though, right?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 09:02:40 PM by The Dan »

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2013, 09:02:27 PM »
Stalland

<chuckles> Some might say thats a more honest trade than politics though...and speaking of politics I have perhaps some information for you, and more importantly a favour to ask of you...

The Dan

• Out Of The Shadows
  • Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2013, 09:44:13 PM »
Zamaragdus

I was just going to say you may you may find your new employment far more dirty and sordid than your old. And thank goodness at least one of you hasn't moved into local government.

Hebba Jobey

< winks at Lucius >

We're much better off in an honest profession.

Zamaragdus

And so... we come to the purpose of your visit, which I was somehow sure was not just a ruse to enjoy some cool and shade.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 10:14:52 PM by The Dan »

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2013, 09:57:39 PM »
Stalland

The shade is most fortunate, that is for certain and I will enjoy it and your company for as long as possible... <he gives a smile> but first, while you are in good humour I ask for a favour. The recent events at the Tower of Familiars saw a man summarily sentenced to death without full facts presented, I talk of course of Hett G'Vaar. I have been advised that if any could think of some legal reason to secure his release, or at least a stay of execution then you would be that person...I dont know what you think of Hett, and if he is your enemy I am sorry to hear that, because in recent days I have found him to be a good man, of good heart and good purpose and a man whose defence of the city has been as resolute as any other, so if you can lend aid I think this would be a good thing, and as I say, a thing I shall consider a favour

<He takes a deep breath>
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 10:06:10 PM by Ant »