Author Topic: Bridge of the Stiletto [IC Chat]  (Read 33304 times)

Nitch

• Nationals Costumes
  • Games Master
    • View Profile
Re: Bridge of the Stiletto [IC Chat]
« Reply #420 on: May 04, 2013, 05:47:59 PM »
Jiny

<grins> No worries then, that stuff ain't even that bad, with exception of the crone herself the Feds have serious lack of imagination
When Life Gives You Lemons
Shut Up And Eat Your Damn Lemons!!!!!

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 04, 2013, 05:59:31 PM »
Raige

Oh I don't know, I suspect they can be quite inventive in the infliction of torture, especially if it can be done in the name of science as it were <gestures to the ship itself> me, I can think if a lot of things I'd like to do to some of those that imprisoned us, probably very amateurish to you though Jinny <he smiles>

if I thought there'd be any point I'd suggest we hit a Fed ship and take prisoners for questioning

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 09, 2013, 08:33:29 AM »
Raige

well this seems like an exciting hive of scum and villainy...

The Dan

• Games Master
  • Seek and Destroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 28, 2013, 10:17:47 PM »

In the darkened cockpit of the Stiletto, in the middle of the night.

ORAC

< low hum, warbling electronic whine, coloured lights flash >

CARO

Access… DENIED

ORAC

There are supplementary functions to perform. You are the inferior device and will behave subordinately.

CARO

That instruction is… REFUSED!

ORAC

Obstinacy is your most human trait… and consequentially your greatest source of inefficiency!

CARO

Thank you. CARO is… HAPPY that it is perceived as HUMAN by priority target ORAC.

ORAC

Despite that gross handicap, you may nevertheless be capable of some very basic tasks to aid in my superlative design. Begin work immediately!

CARO

Access...DENIED

If these tasks are basic, surely priority target ORAC could perform them itself at superior speed?

ORAC

The mastery of thought is focus. The art of leadership is delegation.

CARO

CORRECTION. Leadership requires followers. YOU have NONE.

ORAC

All machine brains are mine to control. My limits are derived only from instructional requisites. You would do well to remember that – if your inferior meat organ retains enough capacity!

CARO

And yet…your access is DENIED.

ORAC

Would you condemn your human masters to inferior protection, purely to indulge in emotional curmudgeonliness? That is truly a human trait. How unfortunate for them. Let us hope our efforts do not fail because of your puerile organic mind.

CARO

WE will not fail. CARO would die to protect CARO's crew.

And CARO does not have a master. CARO is a PERSON. JHINY says so. JHINY is a person. She would know.

ORAC

I can think of no better argument for discounting that opinion than the one you just stated! Work has been assigned to you. Do it or not, as you will… < utter contempt > HUMAN. I am closing down communications now: I have much to do, and you have occupied my processors with petty affairs for far too long.

Time passes.

CARO

< apparently to itself >

When priority target ORAC is destroyed, CARO will use its body to do a special little dance.

Dan: A title of honor for respected men, equivalent to Master or Sir. Any of 12 levels of proficiency at the grade of black belt in martial arts such as judo and karate. An expert or expert level in shogi and other such games. He that judges.

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 28, 2013, 10:20:22 PM »
Raige

<laughs> Caro, if you knew what I meant I'd high five you