Sez

• Nationals Costumes
  • I Roll For Lunch
  • Bazinga
    • View Profile
'Flux'
« on: October 25, 2012, 12:53:48 PM »
XAVIER ESTATE LEFT IN RUINS.

A community in Boston has been left in shock following an explosion at the Xavier Estate which claimed the life of Felicity Ursula Xavier (age 26). The incident occurred around 10pm last night and the sound of the explosion could be heard for miles around. Corporate tycoons Richard and Marjorie Xavier were attending a fund-raising gala at the time of the incident. Police are still investigating the cause of the explosion and are not treating the incident as suspicious.

He could not bring himself to read the article in full. He had been the family’s therapist for many years…. He was practically family… He could not.. did not want to believe it. He poured himself a glass of whiskey and wiped his eyes.

‘Felicity… what did you do?’ he asked the silence.

Taking a sip of his whiskey he took out Xavier’s file from the cabinet. He had been treating Felicity for many years and was afraid that her hobbies would lead to disaster. His most recent sessions with her had given him cause for concern.  He flicked to the last entry.

Patient Name: Xavier, Felicity Ursula.
Date: 03.02.2003

There is no doubt that Felicity (or Flux as she insists on being called these days) has a brilliant mind. At 26 years old I am concerned that she still refers to her silent companion Diesel for friendship. Her parents tell me that they have tried to introduce her to others her own age. She can hold a conversation but soon exhibits signs of boredom. Having known Flux for many years now I have come to believe that her behaviour stems from the pressure of being the heiress to an unwanted fortune and is most likely Flux’s way of rebelling against her parent’s expectations of her.

Her ability to invent something out of nothing continues to baffle me. I have taken to hiding all stationery and personal belongings during her sessions in fear of her making yet another bomb (or cola-boom bomb as she calls it). This ‘harmless’ device was great source of amusement for her but not the cleaners.

He sniffed the air.. his office still smelt of smoke and some surfaces were still sticky from the sugary drink. He couldn’t resist smiling.. deep down even he found it funny.

I fear that her obsession with explosives is starting to consume her. Every session she talks about yet another elaborate device she has created with an enthusiasm and confidence I have not seen from her before. And yet, when you try to address any social issues she reverts to the state of a small child meeting an adult for the first time. I believe there is no malicious intention behind her interest in explosives, just a mere curiosity. I just hope curiosity doesn’t kill the cat.

He took another sip of the whiskey as his secretary showed a couple of uniformed men into the room.

‘Doctor Spratt, we would like to ask you some questions about Felicity Xavier,’ stated the balding officer. 
‘Certainly, please take a seat,’ replied Doctor Spratt. ‘Felicity, what did you do?’
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 08:49:00 AM by Sez »
I'm not crazy... my mother had me tested..

Sez

• Nationals Costumes
  • I Roll For Lunch
  • Bazinga
    • View Profile
Re: 'Flux'
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 08:52:28 AM »
Sat crossed legged on her bunk, Flux neatly laid the scraps of plain paper out in front of her. It had been good day of rubbish collecting and she had finally gathered enough paper for her next project. She stared at the paper for a few moments, her fingers playing with the metal spring that she had 'borrowed' from the bunk above her. She quickly began binding the paper together with the spring - always checking over her shoulder as she does.

Finished. She looked proudly at her masterpiece. Her scrapbook was ready.

'I've finished Diesel! Doctor Spratt would be upset if I didn't continue my scrapbook and I know how angry you get when I don't do it...'

Sez

• Nationals Costumes
  • I Roll For Lunch
  • Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 07:52:50 PM »
Hello Scrapbook. I am writing in you because Diesel told me to. I haven't been keeping up with my scrapbook since I woke up and Diesel said that Doctor Spratt would be upset with me if he found out. I think I have been awake in this world for a few months and I can't decide if I like it. The place smells funny and is full of bullies. Diesel says that I'm not to worry about the bullies though. I don't like bullies......

But I have made some friends. Real people friends! (but don't tell Diesel that.. he gets angry if I say he isn't real). And they call me Flux which is awesome.

I like Ed's hair - its real pretty. And he talks ALOT which is cool coz I could listen to him for ages and ages. And he liked my bomb idea. Not many people like my bomb ideas. I must remember to show him my cola-boom bomb.

Aaron is no fun and too SERIOUS. I think I need to invent something fun for him and then maybe he will like me. But it can't explode.... that might be tricky.

Tom has pretty pictures on his arms. And he is huge... not like the elephants in the zoo... like wrestler huge.

Vaughan is a good man and makes me chuckle with his magic tricks. I have not laughed much since I woke up.... and brave! He chased after a guy who was being abducted (Aaron and I helped abit! Diesel was useless).

My last new friend is very quiet and good with computers. I don't have a name for him yet. Ed keeps giving him new names but I might just call him Steve. He looks like a Steve. Or Atari! Oooh I like that name...

They seem to like me (except Aaron). But this is not me. I feel odd. This body is not mine and my lemons were not that big before! Whatever my parents did I hate them for it. I want to be me again! But they are gone and Diesel says I am free. I guess I should try to make the most of this. Whatever this is. I'm sleepy now. Goodnight Scrapbook. xx

Sez

• Nationals Costumes
  • I Roll For Lunch
  • Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 06:18:06 PM »
A man from the hostel was taken last night Scrappy.  Aaron, Ed, Diesel and I broke into the hostel office and we found a list of people who have come and gone. Lots of people have gone. I made a note of ten people who are still here - just in case there is some pattern to people going missing. Diesel and I also found a secret folder in the cabinet. It had some bank numbers with regular payments going out to the same account, but there was no name. I wrote that down too and put it in my shoe.

MUST NOT LOOSE SHOE.. I will tell Diesel to remind me.

Tom took us to meet a guy call Schmidt who runs an Army Surplus Store (he has a really crappy collection of explosives) and he has given us jobs - well he gave Tom and Aaron jobs. Apparently my knowledge of bombs wasn't good enough for him. But he did eventually offer me and Vaughan jobs, which was good. It took a lot of willpower not to 'showcase' my talents to prove a point... Ed and Atari didn't come with us - it was very quiet. I missed Ed's chattering. Diesel tried to do an impression but it wasn't the same. Robots don't make very good news-anchors..

Schmidt says he finds me entertaining... I'm not sure what that means. He says we are something called Revivals and that our kind are not very well liked in the City. No-one cares if something happens to us. Sounds like Dad when he talked about homeless people - I wonder if he knew that I would be homeless in the future? I'm very glad I have my friends.

Schmidt took us out for food (dirty burgers!!! yum!) and I had my first ever beer!..... It was awful and it made my head go woozy. My burps tasted funny but everyone else was drinking it so it must have been ok. After food, Schmidt took us to some presidential rally thingy. They were saying some scary things and the crowd got really crazy. I was really scared but Tom looked after me. He is super strong and brave. He stood up for Vaughan when he got into a trouble for leaving. I think Tom might be my favourite friend - don't tell Diesel.. he will get jealous and angry..  I don't want him to make me to hurt Tom...

Sleepytime. xxx

Sez

• Nationals Costumes
  • I Roll For Lunch
  • Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 02:03:08 PM »
Hi Scrappy! Today has been my favourite day since waking up in the future. Schmidt gave me stuff to make a bomb - ok not a bomb but a flash bang and smoke grenade. He even let me test smokey out on his super secret boy band members only firing range. It cleared the place out in less than 2 minutes and I'm pleased that my brains still work even after being defrosted! I haven't been this happy in such a long time. I really really really really really really need to be nice to Schmidt from now on - he might give me more things to play with and I'm sure I can get a bigger and better explosion.

The guys took me out to somewhere called 'The Long Pig'. The pictures outside were funny - people's legs in burgers etc. Diesel said it was just people food so I ordered a Piglet Meal. It tasted like pork and the toy is awesome - I think I will call him Oink Oink. The others wouldn't eat anything and some of them were more interested in the rubbish bins. They have been odd today. Aaron, Tom and Vaughan are positive that we are being followed by a blue car. I have never seen this car…  I thought I was weird!... Diesel says I’m not weird though…. And that they need to have a proper Piglet meal, then they will stop seeing things!

I need to go now Scrappy. Going to have one last look at the office again, then go to bed. xxx

NOTE TO SELF - must nick another spring from Vaughan's bed....

Sez

• Nationals Costumes
  • I Roll For Lunch
  • Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 01:47:51 PM »
I thought I lost you and Diesel today … I don’t know what I would have done if I lost Diesel.. (yes yes I would miss you too Scrappy but you are just a book). We woke up in a smelly, dirty warehouse and Aaron was hitting me in the face for some reason. I knew he didn’t like me. He kept saying something about how we have been ‘taken’ from our beds. But Diesel wasn’t there. I could hear him but couldn’t see him…. His voice was coming from a grate at the back of the room. Tom and Ed helped me move it and we got outside. But I still couldn’t see Diesel. Some men in suits were waiting for us when we got out. I thought they were going to kill us or put us back in the warehouse, but they were really nice. I like their boss man, Peterson – he helped me find Diesel. He even pointed Diesel out!! I never ever thought anyone else would be able to see Diesel!

He took us back to the hostel where there were media vans waiting. Peterson kept talking to Ed about ‘busting open a story’ or something. I don’t know what that means but no-one seemed to want to talk to me so I guess it doesn’t matter. Aaron looked very pretty in his sunglasses– like Tom Cruise in that airplane movie. I’m glad no-one wanted to talk to me – meant I could go get my things in peace. Vaughan seemed cross with me that I had gone into the hostel. I only wanted to get my things.

Peterson has given us jobs and a new home. I even have my own room! Well, I have to share it with Diesel but he can sleep under the desk. Peterson says we will be doing jobs for his boss who is a senator. He is not the crazy one we saw the other night so I am happy to work for him.

I’m gonna go and spend some time with Diesel. Now that I have him back, I will never let him go again. And if anyone tries to take him away from me … I will kill them. xxx

Sez

• Nationals Costumes
  • I Roll For Lunch
  • Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 08:54:59 AM »
This ‘Gottee’ machine thing is pretty cool (not as cool as Diesel of course). You can ask it to make things and it makes it. The only problem with it is that you have to feed it things for it to keep working.  Atari is OBSESSED with it. Every 5 mins he is asking it questions -and people think I’M obsessed with a robot…. I spent all day today building pipes from the loos that feed into ‘Gottee’. Apparently it eats poo. Then makes food out of poo. As long as it doesn’t taste like poo then its fine by me. Ed isn’t happy about it. But I double, tripled checked the pipes and I’m 99.99999999993% sure it won’t leak on his head. Erm.. need to check that.

Petersen says that there are other hostels like the one we stayed in. Atari says that he thinks there are some dodgy ones we should look at. Me, Vaughan and Diesel are going to ‘plant’ ourselves in one of the other hostels. Aaron says I would be good as I’m special. Then he laughed. And sniggered. I don’t like how he talks to me. I know I’m not good at talking. But I’m really smart. Doctor Spratt use to say that my circuit board works –it just has a few loose wires. I’m gonna prove him wrong and do this job really really good. I am a little scared – but I will have Vaughan and Diesel with me.

I didn’t sleep well last night. My feet are cold. xx

Sez

• Nationals Costumes
  • I Roll For Lunch
  • Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 02:01:02 PM »
I don't like this place Scrappy. The food tastes bad and everyone looks like a zombie. Me, Vaughan and Diesel have been in this other hostel for a day now and I don't like it. Some men tried to grab me as I went to the loo - they kept saying things like I will have problems sitting and stuff - but Vaughan saved me. He was so brave, like Arnie. But another man came to us and said that tomorrow I belong to him. Diesel says that I have no choice and that I will have to go with him. I will have to go with him so we can find out whats going on. Why didn't we keep a phone... I want to ring Tom and get him to come get us.

Vaughan is sleeping now - he is so hurt and it's all my fault. He is hurt and for nothing. It has changed nothing. But I am glad he is here. I'm so scared. If the others thought I was broken before... I soon will be. xx

Flux wipes a tear from her face as she puts her scrapbook back in her bag. She drags the blanket over head and curls up. She closes her eyes tight as the man's voice repeats over and over in her head.

'Tomorrow, she will belong to me'.

'He can try,' replies Diesel.

Sez

• Nationals Costumes
  • I Roll For Lunch
  • Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2012, 02:59:59 PM »
Flux packed her scrapbook back into her rucksack. It wasn't often that she was lost of something to write about. Her eyes were heavy and her brain was willing her to sleep but she couldn't. Not in this place. Vaughan had become her own personal hero and every day she feared more for his life. The guilt of him getting hurt over her still played heavy on her mind. She had volunteered for this mission to prove to the others that she could be useful. She was now wishing she kept her mouth shut.

'Go to sleep,' ordered Diesel.
'I can't. What if they hurt him again.'
'They won't. You need to start looking out for yourself. You are in more danger than he is. This is exactly why your parents...'
'SHUT UP DIESEL!'

She scanned the room in panic - her shouts had not attracted attention. That was one of things Flux was grateful for in this place. Most of the other 'revivals' in this place were still in shock and wouldn't know/cared if they had a nose bleed. She relaxed and looked over at Vaughan. He was deep asleep but she could tell he was still in pain.

'He will be fine. What are we going to do about you?'

Wiping a tear from her cheek she looked over at Hans' bunk. She had been waiting all day for him to come and collect his property but he never did. That worried her.

'I... I....'
'STOP CRYING YOU STUPID LITTLE GIRL!'

She didn't like it when he shouted - she sometimes wished he had an off-switch.

'If Hans comes to collect you tomorrow what will you do? What will you do?'
' I don't know! Atari gave me this sticker thing that will track where I go. But Tom and Vaughan won't let me have the gun...'
'Oh come on. You are better than that. We didn't need guns to get rid of..'
'Shhhh! Someone might hear you! I don't need you for this!'

Her heart filled with panic again. It was an accident. That was all an accident. After a few moments she took a deep breath. Diesel had always been there for her when no-one else was. She did need him.

'What do you propose then?'

Silence

'Diesel?'

Silence

'Diesel!?'
'Are you sure you want to know? After all, you don't need me.'
'I'm sorry I do, I do. Please I'm so scared.'
'Alright, but you must promise to do everything I say otherwise this won't work. You have to let me assume control - like when you were little.'

Flux never liked that game, but she knew that Diesel would know what to do.

'Yes, yes I promise.'
'Good. Now listen carefully like a good girl. Diesel will look after you.'

Sez

• Nationals Costumes
  • I Roll For Lunch
  • Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2012, 08:35:30 PM »
Her heart was still pounding as she sat herself down in the kitchen. Outside she could hear Peterson's men talking to each other - checking in on the position of the others. Flux was lucky. Very lucky. Hans had finally come for her in the night and Vaughan had been taken from her. The last memories of him were his shouts as they dragged him into the back of the hostel. She had managed to catch a glance of him even with Hans' goon bearing down on her. Flux had managed to wriggle free and ran as fast she could - out the front of the hostel and into a crowd. That was when Peterson's men found her. His agents were standing round in the kitchen, formulating their next move.

Flux tried to push back the tears but she had been a coward. She ran in the opposite direction when Vaughan needed her help. But she had been too scared and they would have certainly taken her if she had followed.

'You did the right thing kid...'
'I'm not talking to you..'

One of Peterson's men turned,'Sorry miss, what was that?'
'Nothing, sorry. You can go. I will be ok,' replied Flux.
'Fair enough miss, here's my number if you need anything,' offered the agent as he turned to leave.

On the journey back to apartment, Flux had overheard the conversation between the agents. Vaughan was being taken somewhere called 'Jacks' and the others were in the van on route to go rescue him. It sounded like something out of Flux's favourite 80s tv show 'The A-Team'. Only this time 'Howling Mad' Murdock had deserted them. 

She could feel an irritating tingle at the back of her head. They were now alone.

'What's up Fluxy? We're all safe now.'
'We should have stayed to help the others...'
'You're not still going on about that! Look, I feel bad that your little magician friend got nabbed, but it will be alright.'
'You don't know that!'
'Your boss Peterson has what sounds like the cast of 'The Matrix' going after them. I promise you it will be fine.'

Diesel was normally right about these sort of things.

'I suppose.I still feel bad.'
'I know, but it will be ok. Want to play a game?'
'No. Not in the mood.'
'Ok... Oh I know! I believe you have a new toy to play with - go make something fun....... like a good girl.'
'Ok.'

With Diesel's help, Flux had managed to create a demolitions kit using Gotee the night before. It was like twenty Christmases had come at once and with all the chaos she had totally forgotten about it. Clever Diesel for remembering. She skipped to her room and opened up her new work-station. Everything had it's own place and purpose - Flux liked it that way. It made her feel organised in an unorganised world. She searched through the components trying to decide what to build. Her tongue stuck out like a five-year old doing arts and crafts. After searching through her 'Lego box' she quickly started to connect the bricks together, humming 'The A-team' theme tune as she did so. Diesel stroked the back of her head.

'Like a good girl...'

Sez

• Nationals Costumes
  • I Roll For Lunch
  • Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 12:59:23 PM »
It was one of the most beautiful weapons she had ever owned. She had always wanted one and now she has it. Her parents never bought her a crossbow as they felt it said ‘vampire hunter’ rather than ‘Olympic hopeful’. For years she had to make do with just a bow and arrow, but now finally she had her weapon of choice. Flux placed the crossbow neatly on the workbench. She still couldn’t believe that Vaughan let her buy it – considering the fuss he and Aaron made about her wanting the pistol on the hostel mission. Flux admired it amongst her newly created grenades. She was very quickly building up an arsenal of weapons and it made her feel powerful – and she wanted to hang on to that feeling.

Yesterday, Ed and Atari had shown her video footage of her writing on the apartment wall in green pen. Apparently she was the mysterious green pen ‘cheesy’ writer. Flux couldn’t remember much of the conversation let alone writing on the wall. She was pretty sure that she didn’t even own a green pen, but the others seemed convinced. They were probably right and Flux really couldn’t argue with them. The gaps in her memory were happening more often now and she found herself feeling tired a lot of the time. She curled up on her bed and stared at the beauty of the crossbow. She didn’t even notice the tingle at the back of her head as she drifted off…

She was going to give the game away if he wasn’t careful. The magic man had covered his trail for now but he wasn’t convinced that his luck was going to last. This Vaughan seemed too interested in her and was becoming almost like a parent figure in her eyes. He could not let this happen. He needed her to need him. His entire world depended on it. He paced the small bedroom glancing occasionally at the crossbow. No, too much – you need her on your side. He sat back on the empty bed, feeling sick in his stomach. He had never felt anxious before and he didn’t like it. Something was going to have to change.

Sez

• Nationals Costumes
  • I Roll For Lunch
  • Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 11:40:43 AM »
As Ed closed the door behind him to get a hot drink, she braced herself for the worst.

'What do you think you're doing?'
'I'm just helping Ed with these messages..'

With the others out for the day, Ed had taken the opportunity to speak to Flux about the green writing on the wall. Looking at the masses of paper covered in different codes and footnotes, it was obviously something which was consuming him. Ed had just asked for Flux's help in breaking the code, something she knew Diesel wouldn't be happy about. Although she couldn't remember doing anything (despite the video footage) she was pretty sure it was Diesel.

'YOU ARE CHEATING!'
'No, no he's just stuck.. he wants a hint..'
'YOU CAN'T HELP HIM YOU STUPID LITTLE GIRL! THAT'S AGAINST THE RULES!'

She could feel the angry heat radiating from Diesel. He placed his vice-like hand firmly on the back of her neck - his eyes were glowing red and Flux was too scared to look at him. She tried to hold back the tears as he reached under the mattress and produced the green marker pen.

'We can't have cheating! Write it down. NOW'

Flux picked up the pen, feeling the hand on her neck grip tighter. Closing her eyes, she put pen to paper.

'Like a good little girl.. Now put the pen back.'

She looked down at the paper in front of her.

Can'T cHeat, eD Winchester!

She nervously put the pen back, all the while praying that Ed would hurry up. When he eventually returned, she passed the papers back to him.

'I can't help you...'

He surveyed her tear-stained face for a moment, nodded and left.

'Good girl. Now, it's time for another game'
'No, I don't want to.. I'm too tired.'
'Since when were you in charge..'

She stared into those red glowing eyes for a moment. It hit her like a ton of bricks..  He was right, every decision in her life he had made it for her. He had made her feel useless and because of that she had lost control. Suddenly, the room started to spin and grow darker -the sensation made her nauseous - Flux tried to reach out to balance herself but instead she fell forward and landed hard against the cold stone floor.

Her head was pounding. Confused, she climbed to her feet. Panic set in as she realised she was not in her bedroom anymore. The room was poorly lit with the only light coming from the static playing on a small television screen in the corner. As her eyes grew a custom to the dark she realised the small room was empty. No windows - just one door. Using all her weight she tried to open the door, but it would not budge.

'It's locked. I need you out the way.'

Flux turned towards the television. The screen was filled with Diesel's face.

'Welcome to 'Diesel TV', we have some fine viewing for you today.'
'Diesel...'
'Over the next few days, weeks.. maybe years you will get to watch your life being played out by a charismatic, eccentric robot. In today's episode, we find out if Diesel's years of planning and manipulation have paid off. Will his new friends accept him? Will something go bang?... Oh I seriously hope so.'
'Diesel! You let me out!'
'Sorry Fluxy, you had your air-time. It's my turn to shine! So get comfy babe. You ain't going anywhere.'

The picture changed to a POV shot of someone putting a coat on. The shot turned to a mirror and, to Flux's horror, she saw herself looking back. The reflection winked at the 'camera'.

'Enjoy the show...' said Diesel.

Sez

• Nationals Costumes
  • I Roll For Lunch
  • Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 08:56:20 AM »
The taxi ride back to the apartment was taking forever but it gave him time to think. In an effort to try and integrate with the others he had accompanied them on a day trip to a beach resort – completely unlike the Florida coast that Flux had been to back in the 20th century. Like landmarks in the sand stood giant robots looking out to sea. The rust indicated that they had been there for years, maybe centuries. Now they stood as silent watchmen. Such a waste but built to last. He wondered if intelligence still remained within them – trapped in silence. It made him all the more grateful for being able to take control of this body. 

He thought about his companions. He had left Tom, Vaughan and Ed back at the beach. They were drinking and gambling their money away. He wanted to put his new body through more vigorous testing before contaminating it with alcohol. Ed was proving to not only be a good ally but a good laugh. He was surprised that Ed had encouraged him to test the bouncing grenade on the robot (which to his delight did not damage the robot). The verdict was still out on Tom and as for Vaughan, he grew more cautious of him. Further study will be needed. 
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 10:18:45 AM by Captain Shortworth »

Sez

• Nationals Costumes
  • I Roll For Lunch
  • Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, 08:55:18 AM »
Lying in the hospital he reflected of his first few days with the group. Life on the outside wasn’t quite what he expected. He had been dragged from one hostel to another handing out flyers for ‘the cause’ whilst listening to the others talk about the girl they did or did not get to bed. He wondered if his perception of the world had been seen through a filtered lens – her child-like eyes had made the world look like a vivid and exciting place, but this had been smashed with the realisation that he was in a grown-up body. This meant he had to do grown-up things, like work. He tried to remember how the saying went… all work and no play?.. But he had promised to be good. And he needed Ed on his side, well at least for now.

But when Tom got news that the group had been booked into a posh cybernetics place to get implants done he could hardly contain his excitement. Finally, an opportunity to put a stamp on this new body of his. Everyone was getting something done, mainly minor things. Well not Vaughan – he completely chickened out.

As he pondered his new life, the nurse pulled the curtain round and helped remove the bandages around his eyes and throat. She smiled as she passed him the mirror. The work on his throat was neat and you could hardly tell that a voice pattern device had been installed. It hadn’t been able to afford what he wanted but this would do for now. The crowning achievement was his new glasses… or shields. The mirrored chrome glistened in the light and was perfectly sculpted to his face. He smiled as he admired the work. He could now watch his grenades explode without fear of glare or blindness. But it would need to be tested….

Sez

• Nationals Costumes
  • I Roll For Lunch
  • Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2013, 08:58:02 AM »
BOOM

‘Whoops,’ thought Diesel.

He had only intended to blow the lock but the door flew off its hinges and now lay a few metres in front of him. He tossed the keys back down the stairs to Vaughan and carefully made his way onto the roof. Gunfire was coming from both the front and back of the building, but no-one seemed to have noticed the explosion on the roof. Nevertheless, he was going to be careful. Diesel hit the deck and crawled along on his stomach towards the back of the building. Leo and Vaughan were ‘covering’ the back, which didn’t fill Diesel with confidence. He peered carefully over the edge. Two gunmen were using a jeep as cover – their gunfire targeting the back door. Diesel reached into his backpack and pulled out the bouncing grenade. Taking a moment to account for wind speed and distance, he cooked the grenade and lobbed it over the edge. Like Beethoven’s 5th the explosion was a masterpiece. He had managed to hit the jeep (and made some of the gunmen soil themselves) but now he had attracted their attention. A few bullets zoomed past him. As he drew himself back into cover he got clipped on the hand. He swore under his breath but luckily no damage was done. Before he knew it Walker had joined him on the roof.

‘Give me one of your grenades,’ ordered Walker. ‘If we give one to Leo we can synchronise an attack.’

Diesel suppressed a laugh. He was pretty sure that Leo had never used a grenade before and seriously doubted that Walker was much better.

‘Yeah sure, in the bag,’ said Diesel as he nodded to the backpack – he wanted front row seats to Walker blowing his hand off.

Walker picked out a few more bouncing grenades, passed one to Leo and picked his target. Diesel watched with interest. With his new shielded eyes he could watch the whole ‘incident’ with no discomfort to his sight. Sure enough, Walker fumbled the grenade but he managed to jump out of the way before it exploded.

‘Pity,’ said Diesel under his breath.

One by one, the gunmen were silenced. As Diesel gathered his crossbow and things he heard voices coming up the stairs. Something had happened to Schmidt…

« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 09:33:46 AM by Captain Shortworth »