Author Topic: Project Eternity  (Read 1301 times)

Mike Moriarty

• HUGS Avatar
  • Administrator
  • Games Master
    • View Profile
Project Eternity
« on: September 17, 2012, 05:37:16 PM »
Hi Guys,

Just thought id bring this to peoples attention in case people want to contribute.

As some of you may know there is a game developer called Obsidian that is basically made of a load of the guys who made Fallout 1+2, Baldurs Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment, Fallout New Vegas and a load of others.

They want to make another Baldurs Gate/Icwind Dale/Planescape Torment type game with isometric view point, mature themes and tactical party based combat. However no publisher will currently fund this sort of thing so they are using kickstarter to fund it.

Its already reached its minimum funding level but the more money gets added the more content they can add and its basically like pre-ordering the game as if you commit $25 you get a copy on release.

Not usually one to post this sort of stuff but I know we have a lot of fans of these games in the society and I personally am pretty fucking excited at the prospect of these guys being turned loose without a publisher on there back.

Here is the link if you wanna put something into it

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 06:13:07 PM by Michael Moriarty »

• Nationals Costumes
  • Game Designer
    • View Profile
Re: Project Eternity
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 10:46:07 AM »
I'm in!! :)

...these guys wrote some of the most involving and involved computer RPGs ever!  8)

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 10:56:29 AM »
And $25 is pretty much naff all...

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
    • A blog of shortymonster proportions.
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 02:51:41 PM »
As it currently stands, that's less than sixteen quid. That's tempting even for me!
Just so you know, I own a comic book store

Oh, and write a fiction blog for fun