Author Topic: End of Season 1 : 2009-2012 !  (Read 2658 times)

• Game Designer
    • View Profile
End of Season 1 : 2009-2012 !
« on: January 13, 2012, 01:34:04 PM »
So then guys I think I am happy to say that this would be the end of NosterPyrax season 1 : Shadows of the Fire.

I realise that for many of you there are still lots of things left open and ongoing ...which is as it should be.

Anyway the reason I am making the point of ‘end of season 1’ is not because I plan on stopping our online shenanigans, but rather because I want take a moment to review the game and its players.
A few people have expressed an interest in joining in and I think a few people that have had enough and might be happier to allow their characters to continue on in an active but more ‘NPC’ role, or even just step right into the background (just let me know if you do.).

Anyway, I’m going to try to tidy up (with forum administrator help!) the game thread a bit and I’ll be putting a few bits on to help, like a cast list page (combined PC & NPC) with name, mug-shot, and brief description for us to use as a reference, and some sort forum gameplay ‘rules’ / tips (or rather how we get round not having any ;) ).
I’m also going to try to rework (hopefully with your individual assistance), each of your characters to the latest version of the Orbis rules ...then I’ll be handing out some XP for most of you as well!

I’ll then pick up Season 2 when I feel happy that everything is in place to make my life as easy as possible..
I don’t really know yet how the new players might fit (or not) with the rest of you, but I suspect that we may very well have several different groups doing their own thing revolving around the ongoing game plots.

In the meantime, I’ll probably allow a bit of time to drift by (for B&F conversations and  a bit of personal character stuff) – but not too much as there are obviously current events that are urgently pending that I don’t want to skip (like Hett G’Varr &/or Nikaneth getting hanged for example), but enough to keep it feeling alive..
The main point is no major plot developments will be occurring during this time.

So there are a few things I will need from each of you please.
1.   Confirmation that you want to remain an active PC, or if not how active an NPC I can make you.
2.   The latest version of your character sheet (if you have it) in whatever format you can get it to me.
3.   A Mug-shot, and brief description (like no more than 20 words) ...you should try to include your metier in the description if possible.
4.   AND THIS IS IMPORTANT: Any comments regarding problems, changes or suggestions as to how things have been run (on-forum) so far. (btw, I shall ignore any “update me more often” comments! :p )

So anyway, all of the above said I hope you have all enjoyed so far – I know I have! – and I’ll be happy to carry on as long as someone out there is prepared to put up with the unpredictable frequency of the updates and dubious quality of the plot! :)

...Oh and please bear with me whilst I try to get all this sorted ! 

Captain Shortworth

• Captain of Awesome!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
    • A blog of shortymonster proportions.
Re: End of Season 1 : 2009-2012 !
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 02:28:47 PM »
Totally staying in, and I will PM you early next week with a few more details.

First suggestion would be a variety of places to talk IC such as we had with the Silver Skrite and The Barge and Ferryman. Maybe keeping the Skrite behind a umbruc only barrier etc. ?
Check out my blog, it's about gaming

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 03:36:16 PM »
1.   Confirmation that you want to remain an active PC, or if not how active an NPC I can make you.
2.   The latest version of your character sheet (if you have it) in whatever format you can get it to me.
3.   A Mug-shot, and brief description (like no more than 20 words) ...you should try to include your metier in the description if possible.
4.   AND THIS IS IMPORTANT: Any comments regarding problems, changes or suggestions as to how things have been run (on-forum) so far. (btw, I shall ignore any “update me more often” comments! :p )

1. Yes!
2. You have it
3. Will do
4. I'll think on it. Possibly a single post sticky with the city map on.

• Nationals Costumes
  • Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 09:51:12 PM »
1: Count Geriant as active please.
2: I have sheet I used with dan I will forward
3: Will do
4: Wish I could type faster at times when a multi-player row starts !
"I don't care. It's your name on the warrant!"

• Nationals Costumes
  • Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 10:09:00 PM »
Hmmm... How about experience awards for all the online continuation ?

Nitch

• Nationals Costumes
  • Games Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 03:25:15 PM »
So there are a few things I will need from each of you please.
1.   Confirmation that you want to remain an active PC, or if not how active an NPC I can make you.
2.   The latest version of your character sheet (if you have it) in whatever format you can get it to me.
3.   A Mug-shot, and brief description (like no more than 20 words) ...you should try to include your metier in the description if possible.
4.   AND THIS IS IMPORTANT: Any comments regarding problems, changes or suggestions as to how things have been run (on-forum) so far. (btw, I shall ignore any “update me more often” comments! :p )

1. Yep  :)
2. You have it
3. For the pic just pick one of my character section and will work on a description
4. Will have a think
When Life Gives You Lemons
Shut Up And Eat Your Damn Lemons!!!!!

• Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 09:09:16 PM »
First suggestion would be a variety of places to talk IC such as we had with the Silver Skrite and The Barge and Ferryman. Maybe keeping the Skrite behind a umbruc only barrier etc. ?

Seems reasonable, I would still want to keep the emphasis on the B&F as the main IC chat thread though, as it will give the potentially disparate groups a common meeting ground (obviously 'quiet conversations round a table' could still be done by small group pm or maybe in a new locked thread or some such, but these are all technical difficulties which I will have to speak with Mike and the other forum wizards out there about). 
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 09:26:08 PM by 50 »

• Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 09:12:46 PM »
Possibly a single post sticky with the city map on.

Now then, If I get my finger out enough I was thinking I could do a thread with all the various maps on (top of the list would be a city map), this (amongst other things like the cast-list) is one of my 're-organising the Orbis threads things I'd like to do. :)

• Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 09:23:50 PM »
Wish I could type faster at times when a multi-player row starts !

lol!, I too have been caught out by someone else’s "faster gun" on a number of occasions! ..but on a serious note I wouldn't want to stop the players that are online posting in frantic fashion at times like these.

I am planning on writing out a little list of 'gentlemen's rules' for us all to bear in mind, BUT I  won’t ever be enforcing a 'Bob says something, then Fred does, then Jill, then back to Bob' rule.

..Similarly combat and the like will almost certainly continue to be a case of 'each person pm me their intended actions, then I'll post a combined sequence of events to all', as that seemed to make it reasonably fast moving considering that its forum play, without taking away player input into the combat 'narrative'.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 09:27:32 PM by 50 »

• Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 09:25:25 PM »
Hmmm... How about experience awards for all the online continuation ?

Don't worry...

...then I’ll be handing out some XP for most of you as well!

Ant

• Administrator
  • Old Skool Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 09:29:08 PM »
Will Doc be able to apply them to his new Character when Nik has been hanged?  ;)

Bill

• Nationals Costumes
  • Dice Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2012, 07:01:12 AM »
1) active(ish)
2)will sort something out
3)being try to find a picture nothing quite right yet. We sort out a description.
4) will have a think.

• Nationals Costumes
  • Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2012, 11:24:05 AM »
Will Doc be able to apply them to his new Character when Nik has been hanged?  ;)
No worry of Stalland being hanged.... there isn't a noose wide enough to go round his big head ! :P
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 11:26:00 AM by 348 »

• Nationals Costumes
  • Game Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2012, 11:28:29 AM »
Wish I could type faster at times when a multi-player row starts !

..Similarly combat and the like will almost certainly continue to be a case of 'each person pm me their intended actions, then I'll post a combined sequence of events to all', as that seemed to make it reasonably fast moving considering that its forum play, without taking away player input into the combat 'narrative'.
Combat on line with Nik worked well I thought.

Kriltic

• Out Of The Shadows
  • I Roll For Lunch
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 03:33:09 PM »
God has it really been that long a game?  :o

1) Active character please haha I have things I want to find out XD
2) Asap (see pm)
3) I have no idea how to upload pics on this  ;D but 50 should have a copy anyway lol and Ill get the description up asap
4) Erm get rid of real life issues so more can be done lol seriously though Ill have a think about things and edit when done :)
"I do not need to animate the dead in order to subjugate my enemy. Sometimes the threat itself is enough to scatter his wits." - Nicodem